1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hard Head (SHIT!)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Colossus, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

so now there is such a thing as a well bred ambully? :confused: how many different ambullys are we going to have in this world I am becoming even more confused in regards towards this crap.

2. popper

popper CH Dog

I was thinking same darn thing.

3. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

its the same as the apbt if you think about it....you got wellbred and shitbred..just cause it aint a game-dog doesnt mean it isnt a good dog. ive seen some decent bullies.

4. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I have to disagree with you on this viegas to an extent....as far as being a good dog for their owners sure I guess but as far as working ability decent and ambully are hardly ever put together even if there are a few out there that actually are "decent" because once you start spreading this crap around all the ambully people are going to think their dogs have even more power because now they can say well there are decent bullies out there you know :rolleyes: I will give credit where it deserves to be but hypothetically speaking ambullies are not meant to be decent dogs as far as working ability goes.

5. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

I really dont get it. I never will.
    There are plenty of breeds that already exist that fit the alleged breeding goals of these people. If you like the classic or standard, why not just stick to an Am Staff? If you like the XL, why not a Cane Corso or some other mastiff type? If you like the pocket, there's Frenchies, English bulldogs, Olde English bulldogges, etc. All of those dogs have drive without the gameness and none of them have major dog aggression issues. Although, let's face it, bully breeds are inherently more likely to be DA than your average lab, lol.

It's been said before and I definitely believe it, they are riding on the "pit bull" name.

6. why the fuck would anyone bother buying this shit? it's ridiculous.
    And I don't see how any of these dogs can excel in any sport, this is complete bollocks. What a waste of time...

7. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

yeah it's a ridiculous circus of these dogs, at this rate I am never going to give respect to them what they stand for and what they are perceived as all relies on $ and a malfunctioning figure nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
  8. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I would imagine a well bred am bully would have good conformation and temperament. Do realize that you don't own a APBT, neither do I, so are you saying your Joey is not a decent pet. I dislike the breed also but don't be that ignorant. Am Bullys are w.e get one if you want one I don't respect them in general but if your not calling it a APBT then I don't give a shit men make money in worse ways.

9. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

How can you guys rag on a breed for conformation? I have seen many, many APBTs with gorgeous conformation as well are working ability, whatever line of work chosen for them, and the same for American Bullies. But I have seen APBTs who are bred for the sake of preserving the breed who's deformities are as bad as any badly bred Ambully (severely bowed legs, knuckled over, bite is off, elbowed out ect.). Sure, I'd rather see a deformed APBT who's been tested and proven bred rather than a dog being bred for head size and ignoring deformities, but you can't say "breeding worthless deformed mutts" and ignore the horrid deformities of some gamebred/gamedogs who are being bred. If you want to pick out something, go after the BYB or millers who are churning out dogs with health problems, with no titles of any kind being bred for nothing but cash and looks.

And a well-bred Ambully, in my opinion, is one proven healthy, workable/proven(in other ways than the box), mentally sound with a ped that boasts the same.

I do not like the thought of breeding what they dub "low riders", dogs who suffer from the shape of their body and could not more run a mile as they could breath under water... Those are a type of bully I oppose breeding any time at all. And any dog, of ANY breed, bred untested and just not sound of body and esp. mind.

But to say that Ambullies are worthless, even the ones with proper temperament and good conformation, good drive, is to say every breed that is not bred with game in mind is worthless. Most German Shepherds these days are not used to herd or do real PP, but in SchH and other sports to prove them breedworthy. Even a dog with incredible drive and everything else BUT gameness is not worth being fed? It IS only my opinion, but I think that is wrong.

Here, his owner told me to post a better pic of him.. Just to show he's not a messed up fat dog, he's got more drive than my crazy ass GSD any day.
    [​IMG]

And how can you people, who do not know this dog, say that if he'd gotten a worse beating he would has stopped? Remember, he was only an 8mo pup at the time he received a beating from some big male stranger and continued to attack until the man was out of reach without relenting or turning away. THAT is a dog worth being fed and I've met and known many Ambullies who live up to such.

Don't just sum me up as some furmommy who doesn't know shit. I don't talk out of my ass and speak without knowing what I say to be true. You have no IDEA how much it irks me when people peddle dogs of a different breed as an APBT. But constantly stepping on and trashing the breed will help nothing. Educating everyone you can and who will listen is all you can do. Hell, I was at the dentist the other day and explained APBT VS Ambully because one of them thought they had an APBT, but it was a big Ambully, and they listened to me, because I was not shouting at them that they and their mutt were stupid.

Just a side note, the dog hit by the truck broke three ribs, and fractured his hind leg, but still went on to catch what he was after. I think it was a 'yote, not much of one anymore when the owner got there though :lol:
    I didn't add his injuries because I figured you guys could imagine what a truck that size could do

10. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

The two bulldog bitches that got into, nothing mortal as they got some stitches/fluids and a vet trip and survived. The biggest injuries from the fight were a crushed stifle, fractured jaw and a huge laceration going down the hind leg (what most of the pool of blood was from).

I guess my use of the word 'heart' is a dog who puts himself in mortal danger to protect, to keep fighting, or just moving past it's injuries. My shepherd would have kept on the other dog until it killed him, you could sum it up as drive, but my use of the word 'heart' is what I'd use. I, personally, don't use heart to say game. Just me, I go about and say things in my own way :lol:

11. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

wow nice to see the am bully getting love from game dog :rolleyes:

12. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

There are a few different classes of Ambully, like Australian Shepherds or something... Pocket(not my cup of tea), Standard, Classic, and XL. You will see good examples of how each class should be, and as with any breed, the bad.

13. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Why not? You will get more by educating than you will by bashing and nothing else.

14. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

15. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I dont see the point in hating ALL am bulls. It just makes you look like you think your the best and everything else belongs in the trash. There a so many diff kinds of am bullies out there that we should clump them all in one category. Ive seen some FINE looking bullies, that resembled apbt to the TEE. They may not be game but theyre still good dogs. The ONLY ambulls i dont like are those low rider ones. I dont like most of the owners neither but that has nothing to do with the dog.

16. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

By the way, to zoey this ones for you. Im not trying to call you out or anything but ive seen several people refer to your dog as a PETbull or refer to you as a fur mommy, so i will assume its not papered correct? With that being the case, you do realize your dog COULD be an american bully aswell? again im not calling you out, matter fact i got a 9 month old pup without papers, and yes papers dont mean crap in regards to what a dog will turn out to be but without them you never know what you really have.

17. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

My point exactly don't go calling them shit when you don't own better. Myself included I have a pretty house dog I refer to him as an Amstaff because he is not APBT. But I'm not gunna go calling Ambulls shit when I have something similar at my feet. Your insulting yourself Joey.

On the other hand if all your feeding is bomb Game dogs I wont stop you there.

18. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

You got a more in your face way of telling it but its the truth. If you dont know what your dog is, all you got is a look a like. it may look better than some of them bullies but as a worker its prob in the same category.

19. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Don't get me wrong.....This is a stupid post.

On the other hand I suppose if you owned dogs like that you wouldn't have to really worry about yard accidents....they would wear out by the time you could get the stick, and get over too them, lol.

20. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

I feed an am staff and I will be the first to tell ya. Bullys are for retards. lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.