1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

heads up..

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lockjaw, Sep 8, 2007.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

B. The Training

All fighting dogs are conditioned from a very early age to develop what dog-fighters refer to as “gameness.” The scope and method of training varies dramatically depending on the level and experience of the dog-fighter. The following implements and techniques are commonly used to train the dogs:

Treadmill: Dogs are run on the treadmills to increase cardiovascular fitness and endurance.

Catmill/Jenny: Apparatus that looks like a carnival horse walker with several beams jetting out from a central rotating pole. The dogs are chained to one beam and another small animal like a cat, small dog, or rabbit, is harnessed to or hung from another beam. The dogs run in circles, chasing the bait. Once the exercise sessions are over, the dogs are usually rewarded with the bait they had been pursuing.

Springpole/Jumppole: A large pole with a spring hanging down to which a rope, tire, or animal hide is affixed that the dogs jump to and dangle from for extended periods of time. This strengthens the jaw muscles and back legs. The same effect is achieved with a simpler spring loaded apparatus hanging from tree limbs. A variation of the springpole is a hanging cage, into which bait animals are placed. The dogs repeatedly lunge up toward the cage.

Flirtpole: A handheld pole with a lure attached. The dogs chase the lure along the ground.

Chains: Dogs have very heavy chains wrapped around their necks, generally in lieu of collars; they build neck and upper body strength by constantly bearing the immense weight of the chains.

Weights: Weights are often affixed to chains and dangled from the dogs’ necks. This builds neck and upper body strength. Generally, dogs are permanently chained this way. However, sometimes the trainers run them with their weights attached.

Bait: Animals are tied up while the dogs tear them apart or sometimes they are confined in an area to be chased and mauled by the dogs. [2]

Drugs/Vitamins/Supplements: Dogs are given vitamins, supplements and drugs to condition them for or to incite them to fight. Commonly utilized vitamins, supplements, and drugs include: iron/liver extract; vitamin B-12; Provim; Magnum supplement; hormones (testosterone, Propionate, Repotest, Probolic Oil); weight-gain supplements; creatine monohydrate; speed; steroids (Winstrol V, Dinabol, Equipose); and cocaine.

The dogs are trained against one another and against older, more experienced dogs. In the early stages of training, the dogs are incited to lunge at each other without touching and engage in quick, controlled fights called “rolls” or “bumps.” Once the dogs appear match ready, they are pitted against stronger dogs to test their “gameness”[3] or tenacity in the face of exhaustion and impending defeat. If the dogs pass the test, they are deemed ready to fight. so if you show and take good care of your animals..there coming for you...http://www.animallaw.info/articles/ddusdogfighting.htm
    big bunch of crap..
    </B>

2. koening

koening Top Dog

Ha;f lies , half bull...... It seems you can't even play with your dog anymore....

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Reading that made me want to vomit.

I am most definitely going to write them a response addressing each of those bogus and stupid claims. I encourage others to do the same.

4. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Do they make this up? or do they pay someone to jerk them around with false info. These stories encourage idiots. Letting your dog maul a tied up animal to prepare it for a fight, sounds as stupid as beating up old ladies to prepare for a Mike tyson fight. This would be funny except for the damage it will do to a newbie who doesn't know better. A little knowledge is dangerous.

Bullyson likes this.
  5. The entire document (published on Michigan State University's web site) is full of similiar myths, etc.
    To really add insult to injury they have also compiled a Criminal Profile of the Urban Dogfighter that shows other criminal activities taken from a database of "suspected" dogfighters. So according to that university's document not only is the average person who uses flirtpole or a treadmill a dog fighter, but they are most likely drug dealers, etc., etc. That would lead an unsuspecting reader to conclude that everyone who interacts at all with an ABPT is a criminal.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2007
  6. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Geez !

I must be in the feather weight catagory, I do alot of those things with my Jack Russle Terrier.

All of those are great conditioning methods except that jenny/mill. That i agree with. I am so damn glad my sister is ACO for my area. I also know the head lady for the ASPCA for my state and she doesn't buy into that crap either. I love how they want people to believe that if you take care of your animals your a fighter.
    Funny how they do not say anything about other breeds working a treadmill. It is quite common for other breeds to work out for the show ring using the same methods but none of those dogs are viewed as prepping for a fight.

Shit like that makes me sick too, gotta another barf bag you can spare Mia ?

7. I do not agree with this folks, but you all have to know this IS what they find when they true Back yard and street dog fighters.....they bust them quite often, you know they see this stuff......
    Maybe all of us that use these things should invite these people to OUR HOME and SHOW them, that they have other purposes! I mean most of our dogs dont have scars and marks on them, so they cannot say they are fought....it must be used for other things.....
    NOw the only people that would hurt a great deal from this would be the hunters....for them I feel sorry....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2007
  8. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

Recent events and sitings of AC near my house have made my springpole dissapear for the moment. I just replaced it with a good swim until things cool off a bit. Not quite the same, but my dogs enjoy swimming, especially Nala. I am very upset that I can't keep my dogs in shape without someone hassling me. I have always felt that a good, excercised dog will be happier, healthier, and generally cause less trouble than a dog who is a couch potato or chained 24-7. Apparently someone else believes differently.

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

They didn't say that anyone who has this equipment is a dog fighter. They said that this is equipment that dog fighters commonly use, which in many cases is true. I live in the "rural south" and I have no problem leaving my equipment out in the open.

10. simms

simms CH Dog

I personaly wouldnt keep any thing out in the open....It's time to shut the doors to the public.

11. Mouser

Mouser Big Dog

The section labeled "The Sociology of Dogfighting" has this here very site listed! Lots of folks read this board, and they don't all feel about APBT's the way we do. I read the whole article this morning, and it is sickening. If you love a good bulldog, you got to be a dog fighter:mad:.

12. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

No, Mouser, it's gamedogs.com that's listed on there, not game-dog.com. Gamedogs is known to be viewed by AR people who are just using the site to get information to use against us.

13. Mouser

Mouser Big Dog

my bad, but I don't doubt AR people are still reading this site.

14. OK this is the old tactics. 10% of truth 10% of half-truth 40% of chicken shit and 40% of bull's shit. Dangerous mixture, especially if young people read this and believe it. Before PETA and other,,, I think without brain unions,,, there were not this king-crap. But these experts have thought up so much and idiots, comedians and subnormal ones have believed it and have aped. Now we have the salad. Thank you dear animal welfarists.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  15. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

i was reading this and looked out the window and hey wow i have around six of these items..yeah and the vitamins..i was also thinking they probally teach animal control to look for theses items...and i bet if you show your dogs or atleast love them enough to work them out..you also have these items...

16. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

the author is an idiot thats why.

idiot!
    idiot!
    idiot!
    idiot!
    :D

17. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

What do they find in a non back yard and street dog fighter's house? Maybe someone should write them what respectable dog fighters have, hopefully I wont have any of those items in my possesion, so that they can change this list since we dont want the public to have the wrong perception of real dog fighters.

18. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Good Point... UHHhh! I THINK !?!?!?

lol

19. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

"Respectable dog fighters"??? Is that kind of like "respectable dope dealers"?

20. simms

simms CH Dog

You should probably put your sh%t away then. I would hate to hear that you were accused of being a dog fighter....like breeds like, the susspision and the accusations that could be a call away from a family member or niebor .

Lord know's that the system is lienent with a drugdealer as opposed to dogfighter.

Your analogy is not one in the same. A drug dealer will kill your family and your friends and not think twice about it!