1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help my pup got stuck in a sticky rodent trap

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by fiyahgurl, Oct 28, 2004.

1. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

Help someone I never had to deal with this but my pup got stuck in a rodent trap while I was at school. It was under my bed and I guess he got bored and started to play with it while my husband stepped outside. I need to know how to get the sticky substance outta his coat. I scrubbed him down last night with puppy shampoo. Someone told me to rub baby oil on him and wait about two to three days. If anyone knows help. Thanks

2. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

Sorry to here that, always make sure pets cannot to to things like that! Your best bet is to look on the package for the trap itself, it must list a way to remove it from dog hair, or call there comment hotline where they can assist you future, others on here may have good suggestions aswell, but I always go for what the manufactorer says first.

3. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

It was located all the way above my bed he never goes under there. It said to use paint thinner for easy removal but im not going to use that on my pup of course.

4. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

Well, thats probably all you can really use unless you shave it, if you do use the paint thinner make sure to bath the dog right away after.

5. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

I dont wanna mess up anything by using the paint thinner. I guess ill wait to see what other people suggest.

6. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

I have no clue - but Peanut butter works on chewing gum when it gets stuck in the hair.. Maybe it would deteriorate the sticky.

7. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

Well, maybe and maybe not :(

8. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

I just went outside to check him out and I think the baby oil thing is working im not for sure, but when I get outta school ill have to bathe him again.

9. CRG

CRG Top Dog

do NOT use paint thinner. the baby oil will do the trick you may have to do it more than once .

10. luvmypits

luvmypits Pup

you can also use PAM or any other type of spray butter. My father inlaw is in pest control and thats what he uses.

Geo.

11. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

As mentioned baby oil or Pam will work. But the most important thing you need to start doing is keeping him in a crate when you are unable to supervise him!

12. fiyahgurl

fiyahgurl Pup

My husband was with him but he had to step in the restroom or outside or something. The baby oil worked for him, he is good now. Thanks for everyones input.

13. how about vinegar?

14. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

For future reference, try nail polish remover. Afterwards bathe thoroughly to remove the remover.