1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help plz, my dog wants to stay virgin

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by NinjaAPBT, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That is not a reason to breed them. Those people could very well go get a dog from the pound, or from someone who has dogs that are worth breeding. What you are doing is cheating other dogs out of homes, shame on you.

So what titles do your dogs have then? What organizations and registries are their confirmation championships from? What are their OFA hip and elbow ratings? Give me some proof that your dogs are structurally sound other than what you think...

That doesn't mean anything. I know where the parents are from tons of mutt breedings, that suddenly doesn't turn them into purebred dogs, and it certainly does not turn a purebred dog into an automatic candidate for breeding.[/quote]

Then you should not be breeding. The only reaon to start breeding is the establish a solid breeding program that will contribute to and improve upon the breed standard for the APBT.

What you are doing is a big mistake in the pit bull community. You are breeding unproven dogs that YOU think are worthy of being bred. If you have to come in here and ask what "proven" is you are not ready to breed your dogs because you obviously have not done your research. No one is born knowing anything, but that doesn't give you an excuse to start breeding when you don't even know how the mechanics of getting two dogs together to mate work!

Do tell me then - what titles do your dogs have? What reputable registries have you shown with? I can go down the street and win as many shows as I want with a big ass blue hippo dog if some idiot is organizing the shows. Getting lucky and winning one or two shows doesn't mean you are ready to breed either.

After your confirmation championship, you should be working on proving your dog in a working championship. What sports do your dogs do? What has your bitch and dog done to prove that they should be bred? Are they weight pull champions, hunting and field champions? Tell me WHY your dogs should be bred and give me some proof (registration numbers, championship point totals, titles, OFA numbers, etc) to back it up.

I KNOW your dogs are not ready to be bred because I know how long it takes to prove a dog is worth breeding. Your dogs are not old enough to have multiple titles that show what a fine example of the breed they are, I know this. I have friends who have been titling their dogs for YEARS and still have not bred a litter - they also went through multiple dogs before they found the male and female pair they felt were worth breeding. They were smart enough to realize when a prospect was not working out, and they fixed the dog or bitch and placed them in pet homes - this happened several times.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  2. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

Theres always gonna be ignorant assholes like Ninja around. Jcat!

3. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Obviously, the dog knows a lot more about the process than you do.

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Damnnnnnnn. Advinia is on it.
    Ninja, don't take it as us bashing you (we have the pit for that) take it as people tring to drill into you that your dogs are too young to be bred. and that the world will not stop spinning because you didn't breed these 2 dogs at this particular moment in time. The world dosn't need more APBT's. Only exceptional dogs should be being bred anyways. A dog isn't exceptional at 18 months old.....

5. Exactly this man, we are not bashing you - we are speaking on the behalf of our breed, a breed that is quickly on the way to becoming exterminated through entirely legal means due to massive over population, stupid people breeding, and irresponsible owners having their hands on dogs.

Do you realize how many pit bulls are put to sleep per day alone? The numbers would shock you. Did you know that out of every 600 pit bulls, only 1 will ever find a good, responsible, permenant home? 1 out of 600. If that doesn't tell you why you should not be breeding, I don't know what else will. There are so many pit bulls out there - don't add more unless you have a damn good reason. When the time comes that you have a good reason to breed your dogs, we will support you all the way, but until then we will tell you that you are not ready - and we will tell you because we care about our breed!

6. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i will try to put this as kindly as i'm capable. your dogs are physically and mentally not done developing. like my grandma always said anything worth doing is worth taking your time and doing it right. i don't think you have to win conformation shows to breed a dog. but there has to be some reason to breed them other than getting rid of some pups. i don't take my dogs to a whole lot of shows, but if by some chance i stop hating puppies long enough to breed a couple, i have a good reason to do it. you should not base your decision to breed on what someone else wants. you should do what's best for your dogs and the breed as a whole, and this breeding isn't for the best. it seems to me you have alot to learn. this isn't the best time to be getting rid of puppies anyway. they're your property, but stop and think about what you're doing.

7. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

Not me i bashed him! Lettin a puppy get pregnant to a male that isnt even mature either!!! Ill bash him again if i wasnt on the my pc lol. that aint right ninja your gonna get bashed!

Atleast wait one more heat please do. Noone can tell you what to do with your dogs

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  8. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

the idea of breeding those dogs is a bad one, but everyone has to start learning sometime. it's better to try to educate someone first. then, if they still don't care enough about the breed to research and wait, bash on. you never know though, if enough people take the time to tell him to educate himself he may see the light. bashing him first only causes resentment, and that's the last thing anyone needs.

9. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

Ninja--

I know there's a certain mystique, about being a "dogman", being the man who has pit bulls, breeds them ... people associating you with that animal, or even just doing your part to preserve a great breed of dog. A man's ego can get attached to those things. I always say, "I'd love to have twenty or thirty of these dogs, with a solid breeding program where I'd create dogs that were perfect in every way, perfect towards people and kids, perfect working ability, perfect gameness, perfect conformation..." But I can't do any of those things. I think I can, but I know I can't.

Know what I can do, though? I can enjoy my dog. And I do, believe me! We wake up together every morning, we walk for a long, long way, and then we come home and play with the flirty pole. I calmly watch her as she chases her toy, making note of her jumping-flip-over-spin moves, the way she cuts across over the otomin when the toy is over the sofa, I watch how her "drive" makes her focus intently... I observe her with people she meets, we play a lot, I teach her obedience. She sleeps in my lap while I drink beer and watch TV. Its great fun. It feels like she's always been there, with me, at my house. My blood pressure is the best, and lowest, it's been in years. I do research on this website, and others, and learn about keeping these dogs responsibly because, as was stated earlier, it's not just "my dog", it's their dogs, too. There's a lot of good folk out there with good APBTs, and I'm as responsible to them as I am to my dog, because, well, these dogs don't have many friends.

Enjoy your dogs, spay and neuter them. Give them meaningful jobs to do. My little scatter-bred "may be an APBT but is probably a pet-bull or staffie-bull" is working on obedience, and in a year, we're going to get temperament tested, and hopefully get her certified by TDI so she and I can work as a therapy dog team. And in a few months, we're going to start working out for weight pulls, too. More fun things we can do together.

You can make the best contribution possible to APBTs simply by learning how to enjoy your dog(s), doing things together that are fun, exciting, healthy and stimulating, and having a good, responsible, happy relationship with them, managing them safely and effectively, and leaving the breeding up to other, good folks.

10. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

Ninja, maybe your dog is just gay?:confused:

11. I agree - the exact specifics of breeding are up to the breeder. However, I firmly believe you should at least prove the working ability of your dog before breeding.

I know many people that are getting frustrated with confirmation showing lately, not just APBT folks, but people that are involved in many different working breeds. I know a woman whose family still runs a giant hunting pack of beagles, several couples that work with different sight hound breeds, and many other folks that work various dog breeds. All of these hound folks value working and field championships over confirmation ones - because at the end of the day their breed is supposed to do a job, and to be exceptional it needs to do it well.

Confirmation is certainly not the end all be all, I was just giving a general run down of what you would typically look for before breeding a dog. A more experienced dog man or woman may certainly not feel the need to get a confirmation championship and I would not question them. However, I think being proven in the field is extremely important and not something to look over.

Our dogs were designed to be athletes. In the days when dog matching was legal that was the pit bulls "working competition" or "show". A dog man wouldn't go breed an unproven pit dog - he would do what people do at dog shows today, just in a different way. The same principle should follow us today - pit competitions are no longer a legal test of our breed's sporting prowess, so dogs should be tested in other ways to show that they represent the breed (be it a combo of agility, weight pull, obedience, hog dogging, or other field work). Out of confirmation and working championships I certainly value a working championship more than a confirmation one, I was just putting it out there as a general rule.

I do not feel the OP is knowledgable enough in this breed to be able to look at a dog and see that it is confirmationally sound or exceptional - so in his case I do feel he should be championing the first dogs he breeds in confirmation with the ADBA or AADR. This is so he can learn from experts in the breed what makes a great, outstanding example of the breed.

12. Then you should not be breeding. The only reaon to start breeding is the establish a solid breeding program that will contribute to and improve upon the breed standard for the APBT.

What you are doing is a big mistake in the pit bull community. You are breeding unproven dogs that YOU think are worthy of being bred. If you have to come in here and ask what "proven" is you are not ready to breed your dogs because you obviously have not done your research. No one is born knowing anything, but that doesn't give you an excuse to start breeding when you don't even know how the mechanics of getting two dogs together to mate work!

Do tell me then - what titles do your dogs have? What reputable registries have you shown with? I can go down the street and win as many shows as I want with a big ass blue hippo dog if some idiot is organizing the shows. Getting lucky and winning one or two shows doesn't mean you are ready to breed either.

After your confirmation championship, you should be working on proving your dog in a working championship. What sports do your dogs do? What has your bitch and dog done to prove that they should be bred? Are they weight pull champions, hunting and field champions? Tell me WHY your dogs should be bred and give me some proof (registration numbers, championship point totals, titles, OFA numbers, etc) to back it up.

I KNOW your dogs are not ready to be bred because I know how long it takes to prove a dog is worth breeding. Your dogs are not old enough to have multiple titles that show what a fine example of the breed they are, I know this. I have friends who have been titling their dogs for YEARS and still have not bred a litter - they also went through multiple dogs before they found the male and female pair they felt were worth breeding. They were smart enough to realize when a prospect was not working out, and they fixed the dog or bitch and placed them in pet homes - this happened several times.[/quote]

whew!! tell him how it is.... NINJA if you would wait another year(atleast) you would have no problem getting them stuck...and yeah you have a point, no one came into this world knowing everything, BUT what we did do was sit back and watch....we asked old timers what their perspective on certain situations were. and when the time came for us to do our thing, we had the ones who mentored us behind our back...making sure we did shit the RIGHT way. and if we messed something up, they would slap us on the back of the head and tell us how to correct our mistakes. so in my own opinion(and i mean MY own opinion) wait a little while talk to some people, if you show your dogs like you say you do, then turn them into a champion(depending on the registry get the minimum # of points) and after that you can do what you want, BUT untill then...let them be puppys

13. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

Im by no means a byb, but when i choose to let my gyp get mounted ill b damned if anyone on the computer is gonna tell me otherwise.

Its a sad thing how many good dogs go down everyday but its not just PB's. And just cause the common folk betrays their dogs at some point in the dogs life doesnt mean i cant make a breeding once or twice in my life.

14. look dude, it seems like your gonna do what you want to do anyways so in that case always remember this 1 little thing when shit doesnt go your way...... WE TOLD YOU SO

15. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

the guy opened the door when he asked the members of this board how to get puppies to breed. he's been given valid advice. it is his choice to follow it.

16. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Are these these the reason for wanting to breed? "BLUE DOGS"

17. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

owned by cutthroat....lol:D

18. Wait, wait, wait back it up a bit! It is funny how this directly contradicts with what you have told us. If you do not know your dogs pedigrees you certainly are not showing your dogs like you claim. Any more lies you are hiding behind?

19. Ninga if you need help with what these ppl are tryin to say to you, just PM me and i will give you my # sounds that you didnt understand when ppl were not bashing you in the begining of the post but then you posted some of the wall s**t. I have many moons + with this breed , NOT that BLUE stuff either ( No one else get offended please ) Just never been my cup of tea. But man you have alot to learn even if the dogs you have were a different breed like a lab. Just take the bashing like a man and get with me .I have an extra wing you can get under.

20. mindogg

mindogg Pup

ninja, people are trying to give you some advice. stop being so hard headed and take the advice. you know what they say.... you can walk the retarded horse to water but you cant make his stupid ass drink it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.