1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by rmiller2000, Sep 23, 2004.

1. I few weeks ago I started giving my dog 2 raw egss every few days with his dry food, and about a day later he got sick. I took him to the vet and they told me it was probably kennel cough! And gave him a shot and antibiotics. Well he got better and after 3 weeks I added 3 raw eggs to his food, and today he is sick again. When I say sick, he looks weak, doesnt come when called and wants to lay around. He looks sick, like he doesnt feel good, and I can hear it with his moans when he is near me. I suspect it was the raw eggs, I thought it was good for them, am i wrong? If it is the case can it be deadly or should I wait it out a few days. I am at a loose for what to do. Has anyone had any experiences with this. I read that sometimes the can get salomonella poisioning, i heard dogs cant but read other. Can someone give me some advice on waht to do!

Thanks,
    R

2. I have a question..just for my info..why would you give him the eggs?..isn't the dog food enough?..just asking..pooch

3. I heard it was a good source of protein for them.

4. Does the dog food you feed them have a good protein rating? What brand is it?..pooch

5. I am at work just worried about what steps i can take.

6. Ok..anyways..if it were me, just my opinion, I would just feed him a good, quality dog food...we use kennel pack, by promark...best wishes with him...pooch

7. RIDDICK

RIDDICK Pup

I use to use that technique in the 80s and it worked wonders for my dogs coat but do to the standards of todays food I stoped when I got sick I did this egg diet In the morning before my work outs Ive been body building since I was 10 years old and followed all the best body builders and boxers diets for a long time and the 8 eggs raw in the morning has fadded with all the great boxers of all time. But a game dogs going to prevail Im 30 now and I bench press 430 pounds on an easy day todays foods are more tamperd with than yesturdays. Our foods are killing us these days.Peace RIDDICK one love for the game.

8. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I feed my dog raw eggs about twice a week. or depending on her activity level. She doesn't get sick off of them. The only time my dog gets sick to the stomach is when she bolts her food down. Other than that she does just fine.

9. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

YES..dogs CAN get sick from eating raw eggs. The egg white however is one of the best protien sources for dogs..gently cooked of course. Feed him boiled hamburger and rice..its a bland food. Very good when they have upset stomachs

Dogs stomacs can be very very sensative to feeding new and different foods. Some dogs have stomachs of steel and nothing seems to bother them other dogs..well, lol, not so.

Usually with kennel cough the dog has a cold..they cough, have runny eyes or nose.