1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

help!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by skittles, May 25, 2004.

1. skittles

skittles Pup

help! my pitt started forming a sack of fluid on her ear flap that feels and looks swollen. almost like a water sack. it bothers her she keeps trying to scratch it. does anyone know what this may be or what i can give her? me and my dog snow would really appreciate anyone who can help us with this problem

2. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Has she been shaking her head alot?? Ive seen were dogs get things on their ears that are almost like an enormous blood blister from shaking their head... If she is shaking alot, she might have a yeast infection in her ear... I would get her to the vet so it can be drained, and she can have her ears looked at... If that thing blow, she is going to bleed allllll over the place!!!

3. BigTex

BigTex Pup

you didnt give much info.....but just from what you said i would try and lance it and let it drain...watch the fluids coming out....if it looks like its infected in there then clean the wound good and give her a healthy dose of antibiotics.....if you dont understand what i said then you should probably let the vet check her over

4. CRG

CRG Top Dog

is it on the flap of the ear it could be a hematoma. if it looks like cauliflowerit probally is.you need to have it opened,drained and keep it open or it could be an abcess

5. Defintately sounds like a hematoma..Its a in and out procedure.. But the only bad part is keeping the dog from scratching at it after they get done.. Might want to invest in a e-collar just in case...

6. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I had a 1 1/2 year old bitch who had the same thing. What I did was take a razor and slice it open real quick and let drain. When I did I got a lot of blood and a small lump that I took to be a clot. Not sure I would endorse this method, but it did work for me.