1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

help?????

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by kensloft, Aug 12, 2005.

1. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Today the local dude that proves that there are too many people living in the same house showed up unannounced and was bitten by Zeus. Stuck his nose in the door and when he went through the histrionics of "I put my hand down" he removed it.???!!!!

The guy, being in my home, was startled when Zerus bit him????? The RCMP, Local dog dudes( with the last dude that ran into Zeus saying 'Not Zeus? 'What did he do to aggravate him?).

I'm on the road again. People everywhere are trying to help us evade the bs.

The asashole that I tried to rationale with wasn't listening because he had a live one on the hook.

Wish me well, brothers and sisters, because I'm on the road again.

Feel like I'm helping draft-dodgers, and the such, to escape the SHIT.

2. lilpitgirl

lilpitgirl Guest

sorry I dont understand what your saying? or asking

3. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what you're smoking, myself...

Any translators here?

4. Marty

Marty Guest

Sounds like there trying to take his dog so he fled:)

5. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Yeah Marty That Is What Im Thinking But It Still Did Not Really Make Any Sense.

6. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

???? That Is What It Sonds Like To Me Also Good Luck Dog Dude

7. CB

CB CH Dog

POWER to the APBT PEOPLE.

8. natas

natas Big Dog

Dude sounds a little hysterical, i'm assuming he means they are trying to take Zeus. Wish you luck!!

9. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Yes I was paranoid, a little bit tipsy and they were trying to take my dog. Tipsy happened after the incident of some by-law enforcer who stuck...Read on and thanks for the support.
    I sent you a copy of what I am sending to the authorities about the incident but it was too long. I don't have time to edit it right now. I didn't have time to send the message the other night also but we escasped the clutches of the law and are safe. When I get the time i will try and remove the excess 440 words.

The escape was fun and funny.

Zeus wound up biting some by-law officer that showed up unannounced at the open door of the house and made the wrong moves with Zeus. Zeus is nine and this is the first person that he has bitten. Talk about choosin' the wrong type for a beginning. (better be the end!

Sorry that I don't have time now but I will get to it anon. The somewhat cryptic last mesaage plea of my plight was just before we were ferried away to freedom.

We'll get to it. Sorry for the somewhat cryptic message last time but I only had a minute to write out that I was in flight plight. Made it.

10. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Good Luck.................................

11. MRS_FIFTY

MRS_FIFTY Guest

RUN BABY RUN........;)

12. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

wow dude, meth kills!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Face the fire, running only increases your punishment and guilt when they finally catch up to you...

14. good luck sorry to hear that

15. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

Run Forest Run!!!

16. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Don't do meth. Took a few beers to calm my nerves down. Speed does kill.

17. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

This is a two parter and this is what happened.

Dear Stan,

I am Zeus's owner and I know that when you first met him you were impressed by his calm and friendly demeanour.

From what I have been told you were shocked that the call for a vicious dog was for Zeus.

How did this loving, friendly dog wind up biting a by-law officer?

This is what happened.

I was watching the televisiion movie "Meteor". The movie had just gotten to the point where the escape route for the besieged townspeople had been hit by a meteor shower and the mine entrance that they were going to take refuge in from the bombardment, was blocked. I was engrossed in the movie and Zeus was about ten or twelve feet away from me, fast asleep.

I was starled by a voice and a knock. When I turned around there, standing in the open doorway, was a total stranger.

Not only did his presence startle me, it also startled Zeus, who woke up suddenly from his sleep and in a split second was up and heading towards the door to investigate who this unexpected, unannounced person was.

The gentleman realized that there was a dog heading towards him, and quickly backed up from his position in the doorway onto the porch.

I was saying "No" to both Zeus and the stranger. Zeus was at the door in an instant. I said 'no' to calm Zeus down and was about to reassure the person at the door that Zeus was not aggressive and had never bitten anyone in his life.

I know how threatening a dog can look when it approaches, so I hoped that the person would not be afraid of him and do something nervous or provocative. I wanted to tell the gentleman to stand still, but before I had a chance, he had already put his hand down, as is recommended, to let the animal smell him.

Zeus went to smell his hand and after a sniff the hand was removed. Zeus was not satisfied and moved over to smell his left leg.

The gentleman had put his hand down in such a way that it seemed as if he were going through the motions of doing the right thing. But because he wasn't bitten he then totally ignored the dog, as if he no longer existed, looked directly at me and began to move towards me as if were about to re-enter the door without waiting for me to either introduce Zeus to him or ask him to come in.

As soon as the gentleman began to move towards me, Zeus began to bark, stood up on his hind legs, and put his front paws on the man's left hip.

It seemed obvious to me that Zeus was attempting to protect me, since he began to bark as soon as the gentleman began to move towards me. Up to this point, I believe Zeus was trying to greet the newcomer, but when the gentleman began moving towards me, Zeus's demeanor changed. He began to bark and put his paws on the gentleman's hip. At that point, the gentleman began to make sudden jerky downward motions with his forearm. The motions seemed absent-mindedly aggressive, and completely inappropriate, suggesting that the gentleman was unconscious that he was provoking the dog, who was already trying to defend me from him, due to his initial surprise appearance.

By this time I was seven or eight feet away, and Zeus was close beside the gentleman, still barking. I was trying to reach Zeus quickly so that I could intervene between them before something went wrong.

On one of the downward swings of the gentleman's arm, one of Zeus's teeth was hit by the arm. Zeus did not attack or savage the gentleman. He did not even close his jaws. Less than a second after this occurred, I reached Zeus, put my hand on his shoulder and prevented him from moving in case he might jump up towards the man again. I held on to him tightly while the gentleman investigated his arm.

18. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

this is part 2

He showed me that Zeus had broken the skin on his fore-arm with one tooth and there was a puncture wound. The first thing the gentleman did was to lift his arm up to the door-frame and smear blood from the wound on the doorway.

I apologized for Zeus's action profusely, but the man didn't care. He had been bitten and he called Zeus a vicious dog. He told me he was going to call and have him removed as such.

I begged him not to call you because it was, for all intents and purposes, an accident. Zeus had automatically tried to defend me from an unknown stranger who appeared suddenly at the door and was about to enter. Some might call it a dog's misunderstanding, but in fact, neither Zeus nor I had any way of knowing whether the person had come to do us harm or not, especially since he was a complete stranger to both of us and his manner and demeanor were rather aggressive. Under the circumstances, Zeus was acting in an understandable manner.

Clearly, being a by-law officer does not give this gentleman a carte-blanche privilege to start walking through an open door into someone's house without having properly introduced himself and being clearly acknowledged and permitted to enter by those within.

There is clear precedent for this in law in almost every developed country in the world. Take as a case in point the young Japanese man that was shot to death for entering a house on Halloween night because he thought the homeowner had said "please" when he had actually said "Freeze".

Perhaps the gentleman in the situation here, who turned out to be a by-law officer, did not realize that his behaviour might be interpreted as aggressive by a dog, or even by a human being, for that matter. He may have felt that how he approached the house, the dog and myself, was nothing other than standard operating procedure. If so, I believe he should be more circumspect and careful in the future. By doing what he did, he put myself and my dog at risk.

I put Zeus on a leash and went downstairs to continue to beg him not to call your office. I told him that I had had absolutely no warning of his arrival at the house, and no opportunity to greet him and properly introduce him to my dog.

He told me that he had been a by-law officer for 18 years and had, upon many occasions, met dogs.

Then he said that I should have known that he was on the property because of the noise that his vehicle had made when he came into the driveway.

When he offered this limp excuse as a justification for his sudden and completely unexpected appearance in the doorway of the house, and as an attempt to legitimize the unconsciously aggressive demeanor he displayed, a manner that suggested that he was about to step through the open doorway without notice, invitation or permission, I realized that the gentleman was not a gentleman after all, but rather an exceedingly brash, inconsiderate person who apparently lacked both compassion and integrity. I concluded that he was a hostile, unreasonable man, with a great deal of ill will towards myself and my dog, and I decided to leave with Zeus because his intentions could very easily be to destroy my dog friend and companion because that dog friend had tried to protect me when a hostile stranger appeared to be about to enter the house suddenly without permission.

I left with Zeus and we returned home. (We had been visiting in Halfmoon Bay for a few days)

Staying there could have cost my dog friend his life because, as you know, the by-law is breed-specific when it comes to vicious dogs, explicitly defining them as bull terriers. This does not give any bull terrier a chance of being seen as anything but vicious under the law.

Not only does this mean that any bull terrier dog, regardless of breed or individual temperament will not be seen 'innocent until proven guilty'. It also means that said dog has not even the remotest chance of enjoying the dubious privilege of being seen as 'guilty until proven innocent', because it is literally and technically absolutely impossible to prove that he is innocent, since he is pre-defined in the very law that he is being judged under, as vicious, and therefore dangerous. Any dog court or hearing based on such an inhumane, unreasonable, and indefensible by-law would prove to be a kangaroo court at best.

The gentleman who stealthily approached the door of the house where Zeus and I were relaxing, since he is a by-law officer, probably has the resources, finances, and credibility to unjustly condemn my dog to death for trying to protect me while quietly minding my own business inside my friend's house, thereby making my life a total misery by robbing me of my best friend.

I don't know what the protocol of coming onto someone's property is, but I do know that no-one is allowed to put any portion of his or her body over the threshold of anyone's house without notice and/or permission.

I have heard various second or third hand accounts of what happened between Zeus and the by-law officer, none of which are even slightly accurate. The fact is that, to briefly reiterate, the officer came and stood in the open doorway completely unnannounced, and with no previous notice by phone, and did not wait for acknowledgement or permission to enter before proceeding forward. The dog had been sound asleep and was suddenly startled awake by someone knocking at the door. I also was so startled that I jumped up and moved quickly towards the door to try to get there before Zeus did, because the person at the door was a complete stranger, and I did not know who it was or how Zeus or the stranger would react. Zeus, however, quickly ran to see who it was and within seconds took a protective stance. Not only did Zeus not know the person at the door, seconds later the man began moving towards me. Zeus stood his ground, started barking, and when the man made some sudden jerky motions with his arm to push Zeus away, one of Zeus's teeth hit the man's arm.

I believe that Zeus's protective response was directly due to the gentleman's abrupt and unexpected actions, including his sudden unanticipated arrival. Because Zeus is nine years old and has never bitten anyone before, this is the only explanation I can think of to account for what happened.

Therefore, I believe it is largely the responsibility of the by-law officer to prevent any further such episodes with any dogs (or people) anywhere in his jurisdiction, by awarding the constituents of this jurisdiction the respect and courtesy they deserve as honest, law-abiding citizens, of being notified in advance of his impending visits.

I fully intend to continue this because Zeus was provoked. I am keeping out of the way of the area until I have more specifics on what is happening. I can run but I am not hiding. The monetary difficulties thqt I would be put through are out of my range at the moment but the very fact that it has happened means that I will face up to it when I am sure that Zeus will get a fair hearing and not be subject to the bull.... that their stated by-law makes. To take something like this through the courts is a drag. I will be contacting a lawyer to prove that Zeus did not attack the by-law officer. Will be back for feedback. Thanks again for the moral support and reminding that doing the proper thing is the only way to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2005
  19. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

gaw i dont even feel like readin all that today

20. Dano

Dano Big Dog

you said in your first post that the " RCMP" was there or something along those lines? Are you in Canada? or even Ontario where the ban is being pushed through??? If so just face the music and don't make is worse for us the responsible owners....