1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

here's my ol bitch after she's dropped her pups back in dec.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by whiteyransom, Jan 17, 2007.

1. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

tryin to get her back in shape to enter her in a fun class show around here somewhere. she dropped her litter around the first of dec. so she's sheddin it alright, and gaining back the muscle. plannin on enterin her in the show, maybe on the springpole, and lettin her run. just to see what happens. what do ya'll think? i think she'd be good if her tits would go on up! lol
    [​IMG][/img]

2. I would not put her on anything that would strain her. She is just off of a litter so She needs time to heal. I would avoid pringpole mills eithor or. weight pull You can walk her about 30 to 40 minutes every other day for about 8 months then you can start with everything els. This is just my opinion on the matter but someone els might have some expert opionions on helth tips about it.

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

This the one that was having fun hoping fences and wrestling? LOL

Good lookin bitch, might be tough getting them tits up after this time. Usually they stay down this long, its a pretty good indication they will droop. Oh well, she's a beautiful dog, old woman tits or not. Can look past that if she shows right ;)

4. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

She looks good imo, but I wouldn't over work her just yet. Little running and walking and some tug but no WPing or spring pole thats a lot of strain.

BTW, someone was telling me about a pill you give to a nursing mother as soon as she drops litter to help with the loose nipples? Something about it gets all the excess milk out? Any info on that?

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Its something you need to address during weaning, the best method I know of is temporarily drying the bitch out, as well as noxema, or similar to keep the nipples tight and retracting.

6. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Not that I have any pregnant bitches or anything, but how do you dry a bitch out? and what's noxema? jw

7. well you were right there is some medicine you can get to dry up the milk. that doesn't do the job of sucking her back up tight though. it will help. noxema is a cold creme used by women that helps tighten skin. pickle juice or vinegar helps dry up a female. haven't tried it but i know a kennel that does and it seems to work well for them. of course exercise will help alot also.

8. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

thanks ya'll for the ideas. she's a active bitch!! real active. a runner to be exaact. she runs her acre lot all day and part of the night all the time. so the exercie is nothin for her. she does alot of the work herself! an she loves the springpole, although it could tear some shit up in there this soon after. i'll hold off on that a lil. i got her in tonight. like rock said, she's hoppin the elec tric fence and the shock-collar to get at my lil pups that are behind the house. so i think she may be goin back into heat. gonna keep her under lock an jkey for a couple of days anyway. then work on containing her ass again.

9. I was told pickle juice would bring them up or help is this true.

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I dry them out by fasting them for a day, then slowly building up their food to normal portion, alittle more each day, in about 5 days they will be on normal rations. Like Rock said, it needs to be addressed at weening.

11. vonnbz

vonnbz Pup

My dog Jada had 5 puppies 4 weeks ago and is losing all of her weight. What can I do for her? Please help,lol.......

12. ROSE

ROSE Banned

Feed her more food. and a good quality food at that.also vitiman supplements will help.