1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

high % protein dog food and diarrhea

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by lansford101, Feb 13, 2015.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That's why I said at the end of what I wrote do not compare the 2..I.don't care if its dogs , horses or a jack ass the body can only use so much protein...this is the only point I make..I used the body building so some could get a better visual.

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

my experience = if go down in proteine / fat 25/17 have to give dubble the weight of food ....and stil get diff resultade.

3. keystone

keystone CH Dog

yes you right ..you wrote do not compere

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Key I feed kibble like you do..OK when I start a new feed I go by the guidelines to start with..OK say it calls for 2 and 1/2 cups for a 35 lb dog but after a few days I think he is a little thin..OK this doesn't mean I can't add a half of cup to get him back to where I like him..2 dogs at the same weight , doesn't mean they get or need same amount..I look at the dog and can see when he needs more or less..IMO I don't like a dog to look too skinny if he or she isn't being worked..I.feed 25/18 and my biggest dog only gets 3 cups a day with no ribs hardly showing.Some more active than others.

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

right they al different ...
    that why i scale the food for each dog
    and that gonne be dubble when go down in proteine and fat

6. Nomad

Nomad Pup

To much protein causes lose s#its! And it certainly puts the kidneys under a lot of stress.

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Basically too much of anything is not good for you.

Although each individual dog is different and each individual has different tolerances everyone dog will have its limit of what is considered too much.

Protein up takes with water, there is a standard ratio of water to protein...the more protein you take the more water is needed.

There are some dogs that dont drink enough water on there own on a daily basis and therefore are already somewhat mildly dehydrated.

Kibble on the other hand has almost no water/moisture in it. The higher the protein content in kibble the higher the ratio of water will be needed.

People get the misconception that high amounts of protein by itself causes kidney damage which is not particularly the case, its DEHYDRATION that causes kidney problems as kidneys need adequete levels of water to function properly.

But like I said too much of anything is not good for you. Stadard/normal amounts of protein in take for humans and dogs in one sitting is 15-50g with adequete amounts of water. Depending on ones tolerance some can handle 100gs or more of protein in one sitting but majority cant tolerate that high amount in one sitting without some sort of stomach discomfort which can lead you to piss from your as with a pressure of 1500psi LMAO.

8. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

When I was feed this Solid Gold Barking at the Moon Dog Food | Review and Rating it seemed like my dog was pissing a lot more.. I felt like he was pissing more than he was drinking water leading me to believe that he might be dehydrating himself .. I asked 2 vets one said he maybe over working his kidneys the other said its nonsense. I don't feed that kibble any more.. Some people can drink alcohol everday for years without any problems and some people are throwing up blood within the first year they start drinking..

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I dont understand what your are telling me?

10. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

Was half asleep when I wrote that my bad... I'm just pretty much just agrarian with you..

11. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

Sorry ment agree

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I think sai meant shit from your ass at a 1500 psi, he used piss as what the texture would be like lol..

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

What happens when the body can't shit and piss everything out ? Body has to get rid of waste..OK so some of this will be passed into the bloodstream which can cause allergies and other health issues..So the easier you make it for a body to rid of waste the healthier the body is.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I better say this to..A body needs time to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat..So you can't get rid of it too fast or it will lead to dehydration.Dogs and people absorb nutrients at different rates..In humans you can learn a lot from the color of your shit..A green stool usually means your body didn't have time to absorb all the nutrition again which can lead to dehydration.But like I said dogs and people absorb nutrition at different rates ..Dogs are far superior to humans as athletes.

15. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

When I was feeding dog food with real high protein my dog would shit like a really green almost even black looking color..

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

black and green is not good .......
    what you mean with real high proteine ?

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol lions and hyenas ain't dogs either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. keystone

keystone CH Dog