1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hog huntin lines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jones, Apr 7, 2008.

1. jones

jones Banned

what do you guys think what is the best kennel out there striving for great catch dogs in apbt without all the annoyance?

2. jones

jones Banned

i find some of the watchdog stuff looking promising

3. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

LOL

Marty, are you seeing this?

4. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I think your a tad confused, the Watchdog line are the hogs....they are not hunting at all.

5. jones

jones Banned

lmao you people are fucking predictable

6. jman11

TROLL.....

7. jones

jones Banned

no its just you people disagree with any little thing, refuse to talk about anything worth talking about, someone starts a thread, and it just mutates soooo far of topic its hillarious. ive never seen this much ignorance, and rude conduct in my life.

8. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. jman11

LOL, This TROLL is the Thread Starter and Last Poster Of All the Messages on the Board right now!!! look!

10. jones

jones Banned

i started a lot of these awhile ago i got on made my replys sorry your ignorant

11. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

Mia has a lot of info on good hog lines, shes a hunter herself....
    if you're nice and not a stinker she might help you out

12. jones

jones Banned

i appreciate mia she has never been rude i have another thread devoted to hunting i was hoping the lines itself would be a hot topic this thread sat for awhile thought id revive it but all you ever seem to get is a lot of haters

13. GoFuryGo

GoFuryGo Pup

Watchdog lines are mutts, 100+ lb. dogs ? Now I don't care if bullies are you're thing. But they are not APBT, they are American Bullies. Hell, maybe one day I'll have one for my boys to ride on. As for true APBT catch dogs, take your dog, get a pig, and see what happens. Personally, I like American BULLDOGS for that task.

14. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I have seen plenty of Hogdoging Kennels who utalize watchdog Blood. The Origanal watchdog line was large but not bully. Todays Watchdog blood has went to hell. I dont belive the line has been preserved in working form by anyone. But Ive seen true working dogs With crosses into the early watchdog stuff (Blue Bully,Thor, Streeky Mccoy Etc...) These crosses are usaly back in the 5th,6th or further back. Usaly crossed into Kingfish/Art, Mccoy, Ofrn. Or some Blend of all of the above. Come To Michigan and you will see alot of dogs bred this way. With that said. T-R-O-L-L!!!

15. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

I really know nothing about bloodlines or pedigrees. I have even posted my boys' pedigrees on several forums (including this one) and no one had a single response. No one recognized any of the names. Which is funny, because I even knew some of the names. And like I said, I know nothing about bloodlines.
    Anyway I have talked to a couple of APBT "old timers" about my dogs' pedigrees, I am more specifically interested in Jaeger's. I was told that his sire is "Boomerang", which was supposedly breed from the OFRN. And that Boomerang dogs were specifically developed for hunting. They breed them to be a little larger, super high drive, but could work in a pack.
    Just what I heard.

16. jones

jones Banned

im sure your dogs could "ride" on one. once again your bully comment i dont get? what are you talking about 100 lbs? watch dog has been for hogs for a long long time

17. jman11

replace "old timers" with entrepeneur. then replace "boomerang" with Gotti, and everything sounds 100 percent correct

18. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

So you are trying to say they used to the OFRN bloodline to create the Gotti bloodline. I never would have guessed.

My boy is VERY FAR from being a Gotti hippo.

I might not know anything about bloodlines and pedigrees, but I know that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

19. simms

simms CH Dog

20. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I am not going to lie I have heard that the earlier Watchdog blood were very good hog hunters. I see sims posted something anymore good hog hunting lines out there. Do the dogs need to be bigger to pull large Hogs or are the 40-50 pds dogs good?