1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hot Saws and Stihls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pitbulld0gs, May 12, 2018.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Exactly slim and the new Farm Boss from Stihl is a 271 which I didn’t care for at all . Bulky and heavy and for 200 more you can get the 261 which is a pro saw . Same category as far as power as the farm boss but 261 is lighter and handles much better plus made of better stuff .

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

AGK your next step is fuel ! I recommend a good name brand pre mixed fuel . Will cost you around 30 bucks for a gallon but it’s worth every penny. Plus you don’t have to worry about mixing because it’s already mixed .

AGK likes this.
  3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Premixed 50:1 ratio

AGK likes this.
  4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of leaves, if I had a penny for every leaf raked here, I would have Elon subbing the work out to Bezos as I drank sweet tea from the porch.

I have the oak trees that can holds it leaves until I get them all up and within that same day it looks like I did nothing at all.

I have worn out a Stihl commercial blower over the years and never left my yard. That many and that much.

I was an anti-pre-mixed guy for a long time. Then finding the ethanol free gas can be a pain and today's gas is just looking for a good place to gum up.

Go pre-mixed regardless of the few dollars mixing your own saves.

S

bamaman likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slim I run it in my weed eaters , blowers , and saws for about 4 years now . Do read the owners manual for the recommended ratio . I have a craftsman blower that requires a 49:1 ratio but most shit now days is 50:1 and I don’t even use the craftsman these days

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

40:1 I meant not 49 .

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

You can get pre mixed in 50:1 or 40:1 so make sure you get it right . I know AGK cs310 is 50:1 and 95 percent of the newer stuff will be 50:1

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I can just buy it already pre mixed right?

Pollo and bamaman like this.
  9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yes AGK

AGK likes this.
  10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Make sure 50:1 ratio premix

11. slim12

I run it in everything. I can't remember the last time I mixed fuel for anything.

Also check your purchase for octane requirements in the owner's manual. I bought a blower some years back and of course I know more than them and they said it had to be minimum 89 octane. I had a two gallon jug already mixed and I went with my 87 (50:1 mix).

That blower sounded like it was sucking vs. blowing with all the spitting/coughing going on. I gave in, made a 89 octane mix and that things is still going to this day. That was the first 2-stroke I ever had that actually required, not just recommended, the higher octane fuel.

The above is my normal learning path. LOL

S

bamaman likes this.
  12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol slim . Fuel is such a important part of small engines . I had a brand new Stihl weed eater and paid too price to . My cousin says can I borrow it and me not thinking twice about it , yea go ahead . Lol brought it back the next day and he ran 87 from a local gas station lol he did mix it though . I don’t put this guys gas in anything I got because his tanks are old and to much water . I was so pissed but could only blame myself . Be very careful who you let borrow your shit . I did school him after that and he is more knowledgeable now

13. slim12

That is my luck as well.

Another funny. I bought a gallon of pre-mixed once and topped off my wife's weed eater. It ran for a couple of minutes and died. I pulled it a few times and it did not crank. I grabbed the other one, added some fuel and it fired up but died in a minute or so.

Me not being the smartest guy I had not caught on.

I got my Jonsered out to trim a tree and it did the exact same thing.

I poured the pre-mix into a clear bottle and it was mostly water.

Some ass had did the swap/refund at Lowe's.

What is worse the Manager at Lowe's looked at me and talked to me like I was the shit head trying to steal $20.

Draining, a re-priming and all was well.

This is why it is a waste of time for me to buy lottery tickets. LOL

S

bamaman likes this.
  14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol yep anything is possible. I am a Trufuel dealer so I see all my stock and know where it goes . I get discounts on Trufuel and I don’t think it’s the best out there but I’ve never had a single problem with it

15. slim12

No problems with the fuel itself either. It is what Lowe's carries as well as our local shop.

If I am off I make it a point to shop local but when coming from work the convenience of stopping at Lowe's get the nod.

I can be sort of lazy like that.

S

bamaman likes this.
  16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

AGK they will prob send a chain with the saw . Do not throw the box away because when you need a new chain just take the box with you and they can figure it out . They will send you a green chain but that will be fine for you to practice with until you get your feet wet