1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how bulldoggers officially know its spring

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Mar 4, 2012.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

Well, two of mine just got hit by their first skunk this year

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Had to put fly bags out today lol.

3. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

Oh man, they got it good this time.

4. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

Time to break out the baking soda, peroxide and dish soap lol

I've had the stray cats in the neighbourhood startling skunks right outside my bedroom window lately. It's enough to wake you up from a sound sleep. ugh

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

I hate it when it gets in their collars, it stays there forever....I let the collars soak in pinesol and hot waterand it gets it out pretty good

6. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

yall ever try tomato juice/sauce?

7. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

Doesnt really work that well, you just get a red dog....the best thing I have found is to pat dog with towl..(dont rub), baking powder, peroxide, dawn dish soap, and then regular dog shampoo...or go to town and just buy a bottle of skunk odor remover...lol

8. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

I've been sprayed by skunks numerous times (I trap em) and I've used tomato sauce, tomato juice and full tomatoes... none of it worked.
    Only thing that works for me is mixing peroxide, baking soda and dish soap in a bowl and washing yourself off with it in a hot shower.

I've been blasted directly from 3 feet or less and by multiple skunks at once (two in a trap for example). Thing about skunks is that they can spray you even when they're facing you directly. They can direct their scent glands and shoot in different directions - you won't even notice you've been hit until your family complains, heh.

9. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

And the smell you smell while youre drivibg is like a residual smell....a direct hit smells so strong it takes you back....its like smelling alcohol and them smelling the stink. It crazy how strong them things are...armadillos and possums have a terrible smell too

10. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

My male got it bad last year and I used this mixture to help the smell go away. Nothing completely gets rid of the smell just gotta hurry up and wait haha. Best of luck to ya.

11. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

When I see Groundhogs I'll know spring has arrived, haven't found any in the yard since October

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

snakes!............

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

we got skunks in Alabama..but i have never saw skunks like they have in Michigan..fuckin huge 30 pounders..i am guessin the weight ..i never saw skunks that big any where..and they were everywhere.I never got sprayed till I lived up there.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

its easy to tell in south when the cold weather is gone..u look at the pecan trees ..when you see leaves coming out..no more cold weather ..its done

15. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

Oh god yeah, the direct hit smells like burning electrical wire and burnt popcorn. It's horrible, enough to give you a headache for the day

16. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

I always know its spring when the crappie are on the banks and in the creeks

17. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

the flowers are blooming

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yep Mullet will be running in a couple months.

19. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

Ive never benn fishing for Mullet...mainly just north Texas fish....id love to fish some other stuff I just never had the chance

20. Forget those small fresh water fish. A nice cow line sider about 40 pounds is where the fishing is at.

There is nothing like watching a rod in a sand spike touch the ground.