1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How can i tell if my pit is game?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PhillyPitty, Aug 31, 2004.

1. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

hes only 7 months as some of u kno but, I'm not sure if he is. Does it matter if hes game or not? will he be anything less than american pitbull terrier?

needs advice here lol

oh and please dont say i dont kno ANYTHING about pitbulls, because i wouldnt have gotten one if i didnt, but it doesnt hurt to have questions

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2004
  2. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

well it depends were his parents game bred? some people just think if they're dog is ready to fight everything he's game. not saying you!!! my opinion of a game dog a game bred dog know how to work hisself in say a dog fight , unlike a non game bred pit that will just fight and fight till it's tired , its like a game bred dog has stratigies and how to work it's body and etc.
    hope that helps

3. the only way to tell if a dog is game is illegal

4. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

yup that is true

5. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

just because he is game bred dosn't make him game. At 7 months old you shouldn't even be worried if he is game yet,he is still a pup.

6. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

that's also tru too but if he's game bred it's in his genes , but it's also how it's brought out of him if you work with him right and etc work with him as in training and diet. you have to know what you're doin you can't just put yourdog on anything. it has to be in his weight class , unless you're gonna match him then get his weight to their. like your male weighs 45 llbs and mines weigh 35 it wouldn't be a fair "match" cause if you really know what you're doin you'd know dog loose a couple of lbs when you fight them. say if your male weight 45 i bet you any amount of money he'll weight about 43 or 43 lbs afterwards so it all comes down with that weight cause in the end the one who still in energetic and the one who is still diggin is gon come out victorious cause that weight will count!

7. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

so that would mean ether i bring my dogs weight up or you bring your down that's how you match him dog. i know alot of you condome dog fighting , but this is how i am if you atleast do it for money then you could have a way to him taken care of (buying the right kind of medicines like penaciline or how ever it's spelled and etc..

8. .....huh?????........

9. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

what i'm sayin is a dog can be game but it's how you work him that makes him what you want him to be. then i was just getting into how to match a dog in weight classes nothing a dog man wouldn't know about.

10. im not a "dog man"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2004
  11. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

no i'm not sayin you aren't but that's something i learned and alot of people have told me that but i'm not here to criticize noone i respect everyone and there opinions if you have a better way than i'm all ears you way might be better i'm just expressing what i know

12. i wasnt trying to say u was wrong.....i was confused cause of the way u typed it......

13. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

oh well my bad on that part i should of went straight to the point but for all i know you might know something i don't i'm just sharing what i know and tryin to learn
    i been raisin pitbulls for over 5 years and i'm still learning new things or something new to try.
    but i wasn't tryin to be a smart ass or anything.

14. no hard feelings over here

15. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

kool kewl hope to learn alot of from this site since this is my first day on here and all

16. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

oh ok thanks alot, lol and everytime i come to this site wondering bout something but when i leave i'm not

17. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

First of all, welcome to Game-Dog!! Im sure youll love it.. I know I do!!
    But I wouldnt be too worried about testing your dogs gameness... especially not at 7 months... especially if you dont know exactly wut your doing.... You don't need to risk ruining him/her.... IMO, gameness is never giving up... giving its all, no matter what... even if it kills them...

18. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

yea thanks for the information

19. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“hes only 7 months as some of u kno but, I'm not sure if he is.”

Your dog is a pup right now, PERIOD. Just let him enjoy the life of a pup. Don’t worry about his “gameness” until he is around 2 ½ - 3 years old. Most dogs at that age are “mentally” ready to be checked. <O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

“Does it matter if hes game or not? will he be anything less than american pitbull terrier?”<O:p</O:p

That’s a question only YOU can answer. Everybody has their own standards and need with these dogs. If your dog is a “pet” his gameness has no bearing on his “pet” quality or loyalties to his owner (you). Gameness will only matter on certain things you want or need for your dogs success.

nc pitbulls said “then i was just getting into how to match a dog in weight classes nothing a dog man wouldn't know about.”<O:p</O:p

There is NO weight class with these dogs. It is what the owners set up and agree upon. You are putting your dog at a huge disadvantage by giving up weight. A 35 lbs dog going into a 45 lbs dog is like a 171 lbs man going into a 220 lbs man (HUGE DISADVANTAGE). For example everyone that saw him go considered Gr.Ch Zebo an “ace”. All of his matches ended relatively quickly (17,26, 30, and 23 minutes) until Dave matched him into Greaser giving up 3 ½ lbs (brought in light), then it took him (Zebo) almost 2 hours to win. Just something to think about before you start giving up weight!<O:p</O:p

20. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

i kno hes a pup it was just question damn

dont bite my head off