1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how can i treat babesiosis??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by labulldoger, Jan 6, 2013.

1. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

please help..

2. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

3. You can treat it but it's never gone. Breeding it is passing it along. Dog gets in a wreck you're passing it along. Dog is not much use once it has it unless you just want to have it as a pet. Anybody claiming to be able to cure it is absolutely full of it.

Any heavy stress including travel will likely always cause a relapse.

4. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Your wrong!! in europe there is a cure called ""CARBESIA"" 2 shots 2 weeks apart of 1 ml on 50lbs dog and its gone. its good for 5 diferend strains of barbasia.. including the USA strains. been there used it cured it!!. speeded up the recovery In combination of performer rpm health tonic and iron tonic to boost hemoglobine...... we done several blood tests and tests on what strain the dogs had . Carbesia it VERY potend stuf can be used and IS used as a READ ""vactination"" treadmend for people who travel with there pets to countries where barbesia is very comon!!!! during there holliday.
    the stuf works for 6 weeks as a vacsination!!!!!!!!!!....... . acording to the vetenarin. barbesia will be a thing of the past when dogs that sirvive who have been treated and produce imume cells to it it wil be passed douwn in there ofspring..

5. I'm not wrong! You're a fucking moron! It's turds like you breeding these infected pieces of shit that has the disease in the state that it's in.

6. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

PS did a google translation but im sure its not acurate. as you can see its not ofisialy reconized as a treadmend for animals, but under sirtin laws its being used. henmsh its probely not known in the usa as a cur.pse tanks for the kind words

Version number: 010
    Release date:?
    Carbesia ® injection
    This medicine is not approved for use in animals. The use in animals is
    permitted by Art. 22 of the Veterinary Act. This product is
    great care prepared by the Pharmacy Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Utrecht and
    intended as a source of general information about this product for veterinarians.
    Composition:
    Active Ingredient: imidocarb (as dipropionate) 85mg/ml.
    Contains the following excipients: water for injections.
    Target animals:
    There is experience with the use of imidocarb in the dog.
    Indications:
    Imidocarb is a remedy against parasites (antiprotozoïcum) that can be used in the
    treatment and prevention of Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis.
    In addition, administration may be considered as an excessively violent response to vaccination
    with live vaccine against one of these parasites occurs (see contraindications).
    Cautions and contraindications:
    Imidocarb should not be used intravenously. Not to be used in combination with a
    another agent active against Babesiosis. After treatment the dog for 15 minutes
    under observation.
    On the use of imidocarb in lactating and pregnant dogs is little known. In a
    study with pregnant cows showed imidocarb nor in a single or in a multiple
    dose (5 mg / kg) to have any effect on the development of the calf. Given the limited
    information on the use of imidocarb in lactating females in particular, is
    advised the puppies after 2 days left to put on 'replacement milk.
    Do not use within 4 weeks after vaccination with live vaccines against said
    indications, because it is the effectiveness of vaccination can adversely affect.
    Administration and dosage:
    Imidocarb should be administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly. To local tissue reaction
    limit may imidocarb the best diluted with physiological saline
    (1:10).
    The dose to treat Babesiosis in dogs:
    Single subcutaneous administration of from 2.125 to 4.25 mg / kg, imidocarb, this corresponds to
    0.025 to 0.05 ml Carbesia / kg. This injection repeated after 14 days.
    In cases where a suspicion of a mixed infection with Ehrlichia should be
    to combine the treatment with doxycycline (see treatment of Ehrlichiosis).
    The dosage for prevention of Babesiosis in dogs:
    Single subcutaneous administration of 4.25 mg / kg, imidocarb, this corresponds to 0.05 ml / kg
    Carbesia.
    A single injection may possibly give protection for 1 month. Since the
    Babesia parasite is transmitted by ticks, is an effective control and prevention
    sign important.
    The dosage for treatment of Ehrlichiosis:
    Single intramuscular administration of 2.125 to 4.25 mg / kg imidocarb, this corresponds
    with 0.025 to 0.05 ml / kg Carbesia. This injection repeated after 14 days. Simultaneous treatment
    with doxycycline.
    The effect of imidocarb in the treatment of Ehrlichiosis (particularly in case of chronic
    infections) is dubious.
    Side effects:
    Side effects of imidocarb are dose dependent and mainly inherent to the
    mechanism of action (parasympathetic responses): salivation, serous
    ocular discharge, diarrhea and tachycardia are listed. Also, anaphylactic
    reactions and local tissue reactions.
    The side effects are generally transient (<24 h).
    Interactions with other medicines:
    Imidocarb is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Caution should be taken
    with concomitant use of other cholinesterase inhibitors.
    On interaction with other drugs is unknown.
    Manufacturer:
    Produced by Schering-Plough, not (in the Netherlands) registered.
    Storage conditions and shelf life:
    This product is stable until the date indicated on the label, provided that dark and dry
    stored at room temperature (15-25 ° C). Do not freeze.
    After puncturing stable for 24 hours at room temperature.

7. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

PS who is the fucking moron now!!..

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Imidocarb is a remedy against parasites (antiprotozoïcum) that can be used in the
    treatment and prevention of Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis.
    '
    Cant find anywhere where it says it cures it though. Most of the info I've found on the drug is in another language and I'm too lazy to put it in a translation box. Limey, you got anything that states it cures it? I seen a drug name commonly associated with Carbesia I recognized when looking the drug up, seen it a few months ago when I was visiting a pretty well known yard. The drug was imizol (sp) Thought It was odd this person had the drug so it stuck out in my head when this thread was posted and you mentioned Carbesia. I Have yet to come across anything that actually states a cure though, just treatment and prevention.

9. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

this is the Swiss(german translation converted in english

Carbesia ™ ad us. vet., solution for injection
    Veterinary medicines
    Compendium
    of Switzerland

MSD Animal Health GmbH

Antiprotozoal against babesiosis, for cattle, horses and dogs

ATCvet: QP51AE01

Composition

- Active ingredient: Imidocarb (as Imidocarb dipropionate) 85 mg
    - Excipients: Phosphoric propionicum, water for injection qs ad solutionem per 1 ml
    - Galenic form: Solution for injection

Specialized information agents (CliniPharm)

Imidocarb

Properties / Effects
    The active ingredient of Carbesia ™, is a substituted Imidocarb carbanilide that. As antiprotozoal to combat Babesia spp suitable. About the mechanism of action, little is known, it seems that Imidocarb acts directly on the parasites and causes changes in the number and size of the nuclei and the morphology (vacuolation) of the cytoplasm. The activity against protozoa is based on the action of the carbanilides to glycolysis of the parasite, since this class of compounds produces a hypoglycaemia the host animal. Babesia as well as other parasites such as Trypanosoma are glucose dependent on the host for their aerobic glycolysis. There is also a selective blockade in the replication of DNA during kinetoplastischer parasites. It was shown that the substance lmidocarb despite the act of crossing the placental barrier has no harmful effects on the fetus.

Pharmacokinetics
    Imidocarb owns result of binding to plasma and Gewebsproteine ​​a long duration. When administered subcutaneously at a dose of 3 mg / kg bodyweight of cattle could be detected by radiolabelled substance that Imidocarb is eliminated very slowly. 10 days after administration only half of the administered dose was excreted, excretion is mainly through urine and mainly as parent compound. Maximum blood concentrations of 1.3 ppm can be achieved 1 hour after injection, in the milk of the highest concentration of 0.37 ppm is reached 24 hours after injection, which decreases with a half life of about 24 hours.

Indications
    The treatment and prevention of bovine and equine babesiosis
    The treatment and prevention of canine babesiosis

Dosage / Application

Cattle
    For subcutaneous injection.
    Administered per injection site is not more than 10 ml.

Indication Dose
    Therapy 1 ml/100 kg body weight
    (0.85 mg Imidocarb / kg bw)
    Prophylaxis * 2.5 ml/100 kg body weight
    (2,125 mg Imidocarb / kg bw)

* For the treatment of cattle that were in contact with exposed animals.
    The product may be administered to cattle only once. Not be administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
    The prevention of clinical manifestation of babesiosis holds an average of up to 4 weeks.

Horses
    For intramuscular and subcutaneous injection.
    Administered per injection site no more than 5 ml, as deep as possible in the neck or semitendinosus / semimembranosus muscles (the injection of Carbesia ™ in the pectoral muscles should be avoided).

Babesia caballi Babesia equi
    Prevention 1 injection of 2 ml/100 kg body weight
    Therapy 1 injection of 2 ml/100 kg body weight 1 or 2 injections of 2 ml/100 kg body weight at intervals of 24 hours
    Pathogen elimination 2 injections of 2 ml/100 kg body weight every 72 hours 4 injections of 4 ml/100 kg body weight every 72 hours

Donkeys, mules and mules are much more sensitive, at a dosage of 2 allowed them ml per 100 kg body weight per injection under no circumstances be exceeded. Which provided for the elimination of pathogens Babesia equi regimen in these animals can not be performed.

Canine
    For intramuscular and subcutaneous injection.

Indication Dose
    Therapy 0:25 ml/10 kg body weight
    Prophylaxis 0.5 ml/10 kg body weight

Prophylactic administration (chemo-prophylaxis) does not last longer than 4 to 6 weeks.

Limitations

Contraindications
    In cattle may Carbesia ™ should not be administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
    In cattle Carbesia ™ may not be administered repeatedly.
    In horses and dogs should not be administered intravenously Carbesia ™.
    In dogs may Carbesia ™ should not be administered along with other Piroplasmiziden.

Precautions
    The body weight is to be determined in each species as closely as possible, the recommended dose should not be exceeded. Already at 1.75 times the recommended dose is expected signs of inhibition of cholinesterase.

Adverse effects
    VetVigilance: report pharmacovigilance message

In animals after administration can cholinergic effects such as salivation, nausea, tremors, tachycardia, cough and colic may occur, which may be reduced by treatment with atropine. These adverse events are rare, but are also deaths occurred due to anaphylactic reactions after administration of the product.

Withdrawal time

Beef

Meat and offal: 213 days
    Milk: 21 days
    In horses that are intended for the production of food, after the last treatment, a withdrawal period of 7 months for edible tissues is observed. For drug treatment, there is a documentation requirement.
    For horses that are not intended for the production of foods that may be omitted for the withdrawal time.

Interactions
    Concomitant administration of drugs that are inhibitors of cholinesterase (eg organic phosphates for controlling ectoparasites, tick control programs), a few days before, during and after treatment to avoid having Imidocarb.

Other notes
    The drug should not be administered by persons who for medical reasons can not work with substances that can act as inhibitors of cholinesterase.
    When accidentally bespritzter skin and eye contact Rinse immediately with water. During handling of the product safety gloves must be worn.
    In case of reactions with the user, which can connect to an inhibition of cholinesterase, immediate medical advice should be sought.
    At room temperature (15 - 25 ° C) away from light and freezing. Grace period after the first withdrawal: 28 days.
    Keep out of the reach of children.

Packs
    Bottle of 10 ml
    Bottle of 100 ml
    Royalty Category: B

Swissmedic No. 62'138

Information as of 05/2011

10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thanks, that says prevention and treatment too.
    I'm thinking most everything that gets posted will say the same.
    I've looked it up on several different sites and it all says pretty much the same thing.

11. You are motherfucker! It's idiot fucks like you spewing bullshit misinformation that is causing half the problem. The disease is treatable. It can be put into remission, but it is NEVER cured! So take your garbage Info and cram it up your ass. I could give 2 squirts of piss wtf you say. You're only justifying breeding your affected mutts.

Anybody that follows this advice and thinks the dog is CURED is an idiot.

12. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I am not seeing anything that say's that drug cures Limey I see preventative and used for treatment. As boogie stated this disease is not curable it's treatable and can be brought into remission through proper treatment. But any dog infected with this disease should never be bred.

13. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

wel you sure behave like a moderater qualified to do his job . Insted of spewing your guts out at least try to educate yourself of medication you never heard of. for your personal intrest i never bred to the dog that got infected and we dont sell dogs . at the same time my dog afther treadment has been put tru stress of work and a unfortunate acsidend with a cur dog who we moniterd for 5 months "" nothing happend""???????. the dog did not get sick .,we also tested the treated dog. 3 more times nothing showed up..
    the vets overhere are very comfertable that its cured.. and as you can see in this texst they dont know aczackly how iot works but it thuse!!!.make sure you read the blockage in the replication of DNA during kinetoplastischer parasites!!.

Properties / Effects
    The active ingredient of Carbesia ™, is a substituted Imidocarb carbanilide that. As antiprotozoal to combat Babesia spp suitable. About the mechanism of action, little is known, it seems that Imidocarb acts directly on the parasites and causes changes in the number and size of the nuclei and the morphology (vacuolation) of the cytoplasm. The activity against protozoa is based on the action of the carbanilides to glycolysis of the parasite, since this class of compounds produces a hypoglycaemia the host animal. Babesia as well as other parasites such as Trypanosoma are glucose dependent on the host for their aerobic glycolysis. There is also a selective blockade in the replication of DNA during kinetoplastischer parasites. It was shown that the substance lmidocarb despite the act of crossing the placental barrier has no harmful effects on the fetus.

14. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Well even if it's used for treatment and preventative over there Limey the vets are not using it here and it's not been approved by the FDA for use here. From everything I am reading I am not seeing anything that shows this drug cures anything. It still looks like the drug has a lot of unknowns about it so if it were me advising anyone I would advise against until further medical study and testing could be done. Before Drugs are approved here in the US they have to go through a lot of trial testing and study. My dog's are not guinea pigs I wouldn't just give them any drug. I appreciate the info on the drug and maybe somewhere down the line when more is known about the drug and how it works in the body it may be approved for treatment and preventative in other places around the world.

15. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Sadieblues Thats ok.
    There are many USA drugs that are out there who will not see the euro market 10 to 15 years later ""afther"" being released, due to it being a BISNIS!!.and the paterns that are on it.. and the testing program of the USA meds overhere. They dont give a flying F..k if people ore animals live ore die.its about the money.

But every euro country vet is using Carbesia now. no usa clasified drugs is ore are used... the over reackting of Boogymanblood is rediculess as he never heard of the stuff befor .
    kinda like oohh i dont know it and its not made in the usa it can never be good.. thats hilarius.. bij the way sadiebleus Belive me if your pet ore animal has barbesia and there is a ecsperimental drug out ther you to are going to use it to try save your animal using him as a guinepig.. Carbesia is WAY past being a exsperimental drugs.. and iven tho the articels where it sais WE dont know aczackly how it works. thussend mean the manufacturer dont know!!. thats the secred where millions and millions of $$ of reasearch gose into..

16. You keep telling yourself that happy horse shit.

Funny you say they don't even know how it works, but IT'S A CURE LOL. Typical silly fucking bullshit.

17. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

That is a very diplomatic way of putting it sadieblues. But if on of my dogs had babesiosis, I would have no problem giving Carbesia a shot if it was available.

18. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

19. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

That would be your choice. But we have drugs in the US right now that are approved for the treatment of babesiosis to keep it under control. Personally if it were me I wouldn't want a dog with it so I would PTS. But I understand people might want to keep the dog alive and treat it for whatever reason. However prevention and treatment is not the same thing as a cure.

20. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog