1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

-->How much $$ do you spend<--

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AGK, Nov 30, 2012.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

No doubts.

Maybe my biggest flaw early on was trying to keep too many at a time. I offset that with being very 'creative' with the feed.

Hindsight being 20/20 I could have made better choices but looking back, I wouldn't change squat.

I hate to think I fed better but didn't stand on top of Charlie, or Cornbread or Chloe or Bo, or Abu, or Hatchett or Henry.

Anyone of these may have been the W I didn't get because I spent a little extra on the types of feed I used.

There is right, and there is wrong and then there is let's take what I got now and get to tomorrow.

S

AGK likes this.
  2. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

You are what you eat.Old proverb.

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

After thinking about this I have decided to just feed pizza and hopefully get some as bad as Mikey musumeci.

F.W.K. likes this.
  4. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I'm interested in who the legend who's raised dogs for 60 years on peanut butter is....

ben brockton likes this.
  5. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Like a 10 mile a day preteen? Lol

6. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Prekeep*

7. slim12

First find how many people actually fed dogs for 60 years and then ask them if they fed the same
    "anything" for 60 years.

The first will be a stretch and the second will be just about an impossibility.

I fed Field Trial in the late 70's/early 80's. It was gravy flavored cardboard with the occasional feathers included. When soaked it turned to a sticky mush. I fed 30-40 dogs on the yard I grew up on, three five gallon buckets per day. Looking back, straight shit for food. Ch. Toby, Willie 2XW, Ch. Mrs. B. These are the dogs I walked as a 10-11-12 year old. Grand Night CH. Elvis and Grand Night CH. Tree Talking Tom. A pen full of top notch Beagles that could jump and run rabbits with the best of them.

These dogs had shovel fulls of peanut butter two to three times per week.

I'm not saying it is the ideal way to go. I am not saying it is the preferred way to feed dogs.

What I am saying is dogs have performed in spite of their owners since the dawn of time. (feed, care, husbandry, medicinals)

S

brindle, Ssdd and Pollo like this.
  8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

He is a legend ! And I can’t believe you never heard the peanut butter because I know who you was talking to at one time

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Matter of fact I got 3 within a short distance

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

It amuses me that you don’t know and they never told you ? So it tells me was lots they didn’t share with you but yet you proclaimed them to be friends

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

And yet I am not surprised

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Much what I expected and I knew 100 you would chime

13. Pollo

Pollo Big Dog

I’ve never heard of the peanut butter meal but seeing and knowing what I know it definitely doesn’t sound out of the realm of possibility.

I mean I watched folks use the cheapest kibble and mix it with elementary school left overs as keep feed. Couple scoops thrown in the mud lol

How many times I watched someone throw “keep” feed right on the ground over broken glass lol

14. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

For daily maintenance.

Dry food without chemical additives, a hard-boiled egg once a week and some rice about twice a week. Sometimes some old whole what brown bread added.
    Some boiled chicken broth twice a week added to their kibble.

Always fresh water. Add an extra kilo to their body weight in the winter and add some sheep fat to their food. That's all, pretty simple and dogs did good on it.

The only times I gave peanut butter was to let them swallow pills, smear the peanut butter on the pill and they like it instantly, LOL.

Pollo likes this.
  15. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Many ways to keep them healthy or unhealthy. Have known many successful dogman some were feeding kibble and some were dedicated to raw feed. It's no rocket science but still a mistery and acacadraba to some and always a endless point of conversation.

16. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

If he stuck his thumb over the whole in his throat and told me some shit like that I wouldn't have been surprised with the shit way his dogs were cared for.

Probably for the best he didn't. I also know he did tell you that he did because it would've been the complete opposite of the persona he had online..... but if you're saying he did I'll happily drive to his house and ask him then post the reply....

Anyway. No never in my life have I heard about that til slim and you.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

No hole in his throat

18. slim12

I was on a yard once and saw a guy feed damn near every dog on the ground, even the dogs who had bowls. It looked like a trash dump. His dogs were a few generations down from Tater and Faith.

S

19. slim12

I never realized it was that 'unheard of' not that it was a secret.

It was/is basically cheap calories for a dog.

Like Pollo described, when you get around you see some shit, and I mean some real shit.

I visited a yard a couple three times. Great dogs, popular, damn near famous dogs. It looked more like a trash dump or landfill than a 'yard'.

I have fed some shit but he fed much shittier than I ever did. The dog that could get to the trash bag and get a scrap or two probably felt like he won the lottery.

Yet, the dogs both won and produced.

I also bet those dogs longed for a shovel full of peanut butter.

S

Ssdd likes this.
  20. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Then who am I friends with? Lmao. No one in all actuality.... but now in even more instructed if it wasn't tdk(who DEFINITELY does) who was it?