1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

-->How much $$ do you spend<--

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AGK, Nov 30, 2012.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Mmmm far as I know it’s been done in Florida for years and years and yes Alabama to . I personally more than one in Florida that fed it

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

And Georgia , South Carolina , Mississippi etc

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I'm with Ben. Never heard of it before this thread and don't know anyone who does feed it. Most peanut butter these days has xylitol in it which is deadly to dogs. Even if it isn't in it, that can't be a long term balance meal considering what's actually in PB.

Ssdd likes this.
  4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Hmmm down the road from me man has won more matches and produced sev chs and grdch

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don’t expect a yank to know

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slice dice spin it how ever u like been going on 50 plus

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I know at least 3 on this board that feeds it lol and they don’t post a lot and are older gentleman

8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I like ya Bama. But them guys are stright up lying to you lol

Ssdd likes this.
  9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

No they are not bro

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

It doesn’t mean they don’t mix supplements and other things in with it but it’s been done forever

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Please explain the benefits of a nut diet. Then explain how it actually works. Then explain why a dog runs hot.
    I can't explain the first two but can surely explain the last lol

12. AGK

Why is that? Do they not have and feed dogs up north. Lol just as many people up north feed dogs as those down south do.

david63 and bamaman like this.
  13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol don’t take it the wrong way AGK . Have you ever saw a peanut field in the South bro ‘

david63 likes this.
  14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Deer , game birds thrive from this . So the hunting is nine . Reason I said it is because I know peanuts don’t grow up there

david63 and AGK like this.
  15. AGK

I've never seen a peanut field ever, anywhere. I mean, bananas and Oranges don't grow here either but we still eat them up here and know what they are lol.
    Deer and birds don't have the same nutrition requirements as dogs do.

david63 likes this.
  16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Just about any dog feed has a filler that’s pretty much useless to a dog unless your feeding raw

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Dogs around the world eat useless fillers every day

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Japanese actually serve rice at the end of a meal to finish filling you up from what the main course lacked , 1 bowl of rice at the end of every meal

19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

It was a thing around here in NC some years back.

Mostly the hunting dog crowd, deer dogs and fox dogs.

I had 15-16 dogs at the time. I used 6-8 shovels. The dogs had peanut butter one night and dog food the next. It saved a lot of money. The first few shovel fulls the worst thing I saw was some loose stools. Then after a few days they tightened back up, pretty much like any switch in feed.

Feed is one of my favorite topics.

My brother-in-law has as many trophies as anyone with both his coon dogs and his fox dogs. I have seen him go by the bread store and get a truck load of old bread for $9. His dogs lived on bread and occasionally honey buns and snack cakes. They performed very well. Would they have performed better and recovered quicker on a better diet? I am almost certain they would have but they did just fine on bread.

If you go down thru the Pee Dee River area in SC I met an older fellow who boiled non-fertile eggs from a chicken house, powdered milk and ground up greens left over from the garden before they were plowed under. His coon dogs were legendary back then and his bulldogs could not be taken lightly either.

I try to do the best I can now and have matured to the point I have lessened the number of dogs to increase the quality of feed, but......

I have always said if a cat is winning while feeding corn flakes and cabbage one will be hard pressed to convince them otherwise.

S

david63 and bamaman like this.
  20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I got too much respect for the dogs not to do everything in your power to make them the absolute best they can be.
    One thing carver said that really stuck with me was " if you're going to get on your knees. Then we better be friends" personally I don't want to let my friends down.