1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how soon can u breed a male apbt?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PhillyPittty, Oct 2, 2004.

1. PhillyPittty

PhillyPittty Banned

knuckles is just about 9 months now and my cuz wants to breed him with his bitch but is that old enough, i think i should wait longer though

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2004
  2. PhillyPittty

PhillyPittty Banned

well?............

3. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

First ask yourself what you wish to accomplish with this breeding and how it will benefit the APBT breed if at all.

To answer your question...18 months.

4. im my opinion any dog shouldnt be bred until it has proven itself in some way

5. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Are you joking??? Why does it seem that you are only out to ruin this breed??? Just because you have a male doesn't mean he should be bred, especially since it takes a responsible owner to raise litters of pups, something that from my eyes you are not.
    BB

6. Marty

Marty Guest

How in the hell you going to breed a "DEAD" dog you said you put the dog down? Game-dog is not the place for kid's to play! :mad:

7. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

short answer...You should fix him and not breed him at all...Keep him as a pet...

mtndog

8. PhillyPittty

PhillyPittty Banned

my mom payed a fine and i got him back

but anyway i never said i was going to take care of them puppies, my cuz was going to take care of them, now that i got knuckles back I'm not even thinking about rasing a another puppy right now. but it was just a question i was asking because like i said i was wondering

and people breed dogs for no reason all time, but just because I'm a young adult, [not a child] its wrong right away.? bs

9. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

PhillyPitty, what you dont understand is that it is never good to breed an animal for "no reason" it dont matter how old you are. How is it you can be so easily influenced to do the wrong things, but when someone tries get you to do the right thing your stubborn as a mule???

mtn

10. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Lol I Love It,i Have Had A Male Get Loose And Hang With A Female At 6 Months Only Had 4 Pups But All Were Weird Sorry Dogs I Dont Think The Male Is Mature Enough To Throw What Your Looking For Its Like A 7 Yr Old Kid Having Babies Although He Can Breed Her I Would Advise To Wait And As Was Said Above Know What Your Breeding For

11. It's not wrong because you're a young adult. It's wrong because you didn't think this through completely. You posted your cousins dog is a mutt and you don't want this breeding to occur so put your foot down and be a rational YOUNG ADULT and tell him no. Ask yourself these questions.

1. Are both dogs mentally and structurally sound? Do they have any genetic flaws?
    2. What have both dogs done to prove themselves? Are they some sort of champion?
    3. Is the brood bitch worthy of producing quality pups?
    4. How will the offspring better the breed? Will they be used as ambassadors for the breed or another reason for banning "pit bull" breeds?
    5. What's the purpose of this breeding? To better the breed or for profit?
    6. Who will purchase the pups? Will the local thugs have one or will there be some screening?

If you serious can't answer any of these questions postively than do yourself and everyone a favor and don't allow this breeding to occur or better yet, neuter you dog.

12. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I agree with these guys 100%. As much as we all would love to breed our dogs, its not the best thing to do. I would love to breed my pup when the time comes, but for one she hasn't proven herself to me yet(she's still growing and learning). She's not mentally sound yet(maturity wise) and I don't want to just breed her just to be breeding her. I also think that mutts should not be bred. Thats the reason why we have all these man biters that you hear about. Just take the advice these expeienced dogmen/women are giving you. They know what they are talking about.;)

13. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Ok so your cousin, whose probable as irresponsible an owner as you yourself are, is going to raise the litter...hmmmmm that makes sense to me. And why was a fine need to be paid on your dog?? You said you had to get rid of him because he wasn't welcome where you were living, is the real reason he needed a fine pain because he bit that child?? Do us and that dog a favor, have it fixed.

BB

14. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

at 9 months you won't even know your dogs true temperment.You should never breed a dog till you know how it temperment is.I would sat 18 mounth at the min but it sounds like you are goin to do it no matter what you are told.

15. yea it does..........