1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how soon can u feed a pup raw meat?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DeadGame, Oct 5, 2004.

1. DeadGame

DeadGame Banned

???????????

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

We've had pups eating raw meat at 4-5 weeks old as we wean them from the mother, we just give them LARGE bones where they can pick the meat off and we give them alot of unboned meat. I had a bad experience with a crazy pup and smaller bones so we make sure that the pups only get large leg bones and such...

BB

3. DeadGame

DeadGame Banned

thanks..............

4. puregame

puregame Big Dog

Hey BBK do you feed chicken necks or wings at all? I would love to cut down on my chicken cost, and be able to feed something else aside from just the breast. thanks.

puregame

5. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Feed chicken backs and such, if you are trying to feed the yard on chicken breasts, you gonna go broke, but you can get chicken back for less than 20 cents a pound if you buy it by the box, at least you used to be able to. Most of what I feed, as far as meat is concerned, I get from my butcher, so its mostly deer and cow...

BB

6. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

hmm i'm really considering this barf diet it sounds really good.

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

The BARF diet is really good, we've been feeding kibble for the past 8mos or so but had been doing the BARF for about 1.5yrs before that...and the dogs never looked as good as they did when they was on the BARF, so I'm glad to be going back to that now...
    BB

8. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Yeh I think a Raw Meat and Bones diet is the best diet a dog can eat. Check out some of the links to the websites that we have in our Health section. You'll find some useful information and some personal favorites of mine.

9. puregame

puregame Big Dog

Thanks BB, found the chicken backs, my dogs have never been so happy, LOL. I got four large meaty ones for $1.20, I'm going to start looking for a butcher to see if I can get a good deal buying in bulk. Thanks again.

puregame