1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how to cure scars

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pepe8397, Oct 27, 2016.

1. durock drake

durock drake Big Dog

TRY IT ON YOUR SELFNEXT TIME YOU GETA GOOD SCRATCH.size of wound makes big difference.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

No need to try it on myself. I work in an Operating Room. any Dr will tell you the same. don't pick scabs, create's scars. I see wound management 5 days a week for the last 21 years. lol don't pick scabs, it don't do anything but Make a scar worse and delay healing while presenting the opportunity for a secondary infection. that's wound management 101. ;)

pitbulld0gs likes this.
  3. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

I been using mtg for the last 6 months and it works wonders

Attached Files:

Box Bulldog likes this.
  4. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

That's what I use as well. The best in my books.

BOTP Kennels likes this.
  5. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Yup dog heals up fine but the hair grows back white.

6. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Isn't that the truth. Start looking cattle dog in his face.

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

All I use is Band Aid with the Flinstone print on it....it has to be the Flinstone print any other one wont work. Yabba Dabba Doooo LMAO

promoe and reddirt redneck like this.
  8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

9. promoe

promoe Top Dog

the cleaner the wound stays and no infection the better it will heal and the chance of it being less visable. I have had animals that looked like they were in battle with chainsaws and weed eaters and some that looked clean as a whistle. Some heal better than others...bottom line is they will always have a scar they don't just go away.

10. Dermagel, Nu stock for after a hunt. Keep the wound very clean get rid of any dead skins asap, and use a small suture that does not cause reaction in tissue is what a Vet and tech taught us

11. There is a fella up here that sells what he calls magic ointment. Its a mix of antibiotics, corticosteroids and a yellow cream that is not nu stock. It works great on gaining the proper color back in hair. It's amazing and you can hardly tell where the dogs had a bear claw in the head and where they didn't

12. slowstarter

slowstarter Big Dog

One fellow made his own and it works just like nu-stock except he has gallons of it. You have to shake it up and stir it sometimes because the sulphur and oils seperate. Cheap and easy though

13. Tea tree oil.

Michele likes this.