1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How to fight mange!!! ???

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by BFKENNEL, Jul 21, 2004.

1. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

I was wondering i've got a dog and she's got this mange thats keep coming back. I wonder how could i fight this mange? Some says 1/2cc of ivomec to a 35lbs dog. I used that and she recovered but still its keep on coming back. Could you please help me in dealin g this mange. And one more thing some says that if I use ivomec i should use a liver detox suppliment. Is it possible that I use some thing like those in GNC Milk thiesles? Is it possible that my dog would have the possbility no to breed if an overdose of ivomec happend? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Have you tried Mitaban?? I've also heard that applying sulfur to the dog will help, like with flakes of sulfur? Never tried it tho so I dunno...

BB

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

It sounds as though your dog has Demodectic Mange. Looks like your dog is allergic to mites. There is a type of mite that every dog has on their skin. Some are allergic to it and some are not. What you'll need to do is get some type of medical shampoo and wash your dog thoroughly. DONOT get it in the dogs eyes and ears. What you're gonna do is give your dog a shampoo therapy type thing for about 3 weeks every 2 days. You'll also need to contact a vet to see what type of oral medicine to give. You can give it orally or you can buy a special dip for you dog. This type of treatment should take about a month to complete. Thats if you're wanting to really get rid of it. Also remember that you may not be able to. There are other factors that play a roll in whether or not its curable for your dog. First thing- How old is your dog? If your dog is less than 12-18 months of age, they are going to get this mange until their immune system matures. Some older dogs have it, but they defective immune systems. Hopefully yours just has it because its still a pup. Second, your dog if its still a pup has probably gotten it from other pups or its own mother. If the mother was infected she can pass this type of mange to her offspring. If so she should never be bread again, because she'll always pass it on to her pups.

I hope this helps you out. Remember if its a pup and you try this and it goes away, there is a good chance that it will come back. After your dog reaches a certain age, just pray his immune system's genetics have evolved so he is a lot stronger and won't ever have symptoms again.

4. ASA

ASA Pup

good call..Mitaban worked for me on my pup a few years ago.never came back,good thing cuz that shit sux.