1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How young is too old?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by NYSTATEOFMIND, Jan 7, 2016.

1. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

I have a 10 month old male who still squats to Pee. Once in a while
    in his kennel he will raise his leg to keep his area clean...but on leash
    while walking he always squats. At this age i am concerned. I have had all
    kinds of dogs, and realize certain breeds mature at different rates.
    I always felt that pits were the youngest to mature, I had male pits at 6 months
    showing lip-stick trying to hump everything! This boy is 10 and squatting still.
    He is scatter bred Patrick's blood. It was 9 degrees here last night, so I am just
    posting this to kill time and inter-act. Anyone have any opinions or insight?
    Do certain pit "lines" mature slower that others? My other lines were Red Boy, alligator, and Kingfish, and MLP

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I got one that's fucking 2 that still won't raise a leg. He doesn't still squat either though, lazy fucker just stands there and pisses lol. He is "mature" in other ways though

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

3. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

I had a male bull terrier that never lifted. He was about ten when he died, always squatted.

And I now have a male that walks and pees. Will lift if he feels that item is worthy.

4. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Well I had one that walked and took A dump at the same time! The ones I cant stand are the ones who turn around and scarf it down!

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

That sums it up, any age or never. Don't be worried about that at all.

6. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Consider yourself lucky because it could be worse. Whenever I walk mine he lifts his leg too piss and starts taking a dump at the same time......with his leg still lifted. It normally ends up bouncing off his rear leg that is still on the ground. Does it every single time he is walked on a leash.

7. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

I have had them that would lift the legs and scratch ground as early as 3 to 6 months...I can't lie I love to see it. Now to some it means nothing, but I seek this trait along with others....I have a male now about a year that still squats, and at 4 months wanted to hump all the females....go figure. I'm really not concerned as I will give him time to mature.

I'm guessing some lines do some lines don't.
    As long as they are strong in other departments I'm cool....
    Man the ones I had that lifted passed on every damn thing though...I got tired of that stuff...lol

I have a 6 month old female that scratches over after she takes a dump.....my type of b!+€#

8. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

As if yawl didnt know by now my chihuahua is a fairly young female BUT she lifts her leg to pee just like a male and also scratches on the ground with her back legs to kick up dirt as if to say, smell that bitches I am top dog LMAO

Just showing yawl that it can happen with any breed of dog.

9. war machine

war machine Big Dog

Got one here year and half just turns his front end enough he doesn't piss on his paw and that's it. No real squat or leg lift at all. I ain't worried about it at all.

10. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

The male in my avatar is 8 and does the same thing. I have a son of his here that's been lifting his leg since he was 3 months old. I don't think there is a set age as to when a male will lift his leg or not. It doesn't have much to do with anything other than the individual dogs preference on how they want to piss. Doesn't mean anything.

11. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

That's what I was thinking, how they piss really doesn't determine if they are mature or not.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

12. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Many people feel a male that lifts their leg is a sign of a dominant dog. I've always just looked at it like they don't want to piss on their leg. Lol.

13. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Man this is a trait in which I seek as well. My old mentor told me it was a sign of gameness and dominance. While nothing is set in stone or a 100% with the hounds that act this way I make sure I keep these type around...those that I had that acted early turned out to be good dogs..early but to each their own, don't get me twisted those that don't are just as good.

Simply put only by my standards alone, if I breed up a litter and I see this in certain pups....he or she goes nowhere....again doesn't mean anything its just me...