1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hurricane preparedness

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by SAM_I_AM, Aug 27, 2008.

1. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

With Gustav headed for the Gulf I thought this would be a good time to find out what everyone does with their dogs in the event of a hurricane, storm, natural disaster?

I know that if we are staying (and we probably are, unless its huge and headed for us) I crate both dogs in the house in the back bathroom.

What are some other things that you will do to secure your animals?

Maybe we can come up with a checklist.

2. depitlady

depitlady Pup

Oh man good dicussion here. I would think have them micro-chipped would be a good idea, in case thing get bad and they get lost.

If you leave are you able to take them with you??:confused:

Good luck and be safe.

depitlady

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  3. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Way to many Pitbull Terriers in shelters after Katrina! Good Discussion.

4. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

Trust me "IF" we have to leave they are coming. Crated in the bed of my truck.:D no worries.

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

moreso what to think- if you are keeping them in the house- make sure you have enough water for THEM too ( that is something many overlook)