1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I have a question, my 7 month pit......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PhillyPitty, Aug 31, 2004.

1. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

does some weird things, well at least i think its weird

okay he starts fight with our pug but then turns tail if he fights back,and then when our pug looks away or turns his back he attacks him again, i dont kno what that means when he does that, most of time its just out of the blue . And thats another thing, when ever i touch the pug he goes for him, now i dont kno if this is gonna be a problem but if it is i kno one dog has to go....and its not gonna be my pit

2. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Looks like you need to do a little bit more research on the breed. Your pit is going to do that. Plus your pit is still a pup so right now it could be a form of playing. Are they actually fighting? Sometimes my pit will do that with my lil chihuahua and my chihuahuhua will be the one doing all the growling and snarling. But my pup doesn't actually bite her.(she's just playing). How long have you had your pug?

(My opinion) I mean if you are so quick to get rid of a previous dog, just because you have a new one that can't get along with it, to me there is something morally wrong with that. I say that because everyone that has a pitbull should know their nature. Check out the web pages that we have in out link section. You'll find some very helpful links that may assist you as far as behavior and things like that.

Good luck with your pup.

Do you have any pics you can post of your puppy?

3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

really. You wouldnt get rid of your first born child because they didnt like the new baby..

You need to do some more research on the breed. Dogs are just like kids. They play, they fight, they want to know whos top dog lol. with pitbulls its even more so. . the issue with it attacking the pug when you tough the pug makes me wonder if there might be some tempermental issues. You never know..later on that "jealousy" could attach itself to children or people ..

Why dont you start by signing the dog up for obeidence classes? Pit bulls and other dogs can get along to a degree..especially with submissive dogs..

Part of this could be the age of the pup..7 months is like a teenager in human years. Part of it he could be having fun.. pitbulls play rougher than alot of dogs. He's trying to learn his place in your home.

It could also be you.. it sounds like you favor one dog over the other. Pit bulls are so that they want to please you.. To handl mutliple dog s, I suggust giving each dog a) their won space like crate, and setting times when you play with each (like the pug at 6:00 oclock and the pit bull at 7:00)

4. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

well its not that i dont kno nothing about the breed, its just that i never seen another pitbull act like this, and the pug is not even mine, its my mother's. i got the pit because i cant stand lil dogs. and i have to really care about my pit because if i dont no else will because my mom hates him. but sometimes u can tell hes not playing wit that pug, a couple of times he grabbed him by his neck and shook him.

but if it does come to one dog having to leave, then its not gonna be my pit thats how i feel

5. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

what does your mom have to say about all this? Would she be happy about you getting rid of her dog? Or are you just watching the dog?

Obvisouly you havent been around too many pit bulls..that behavior is pretty common in gamebred dogs /pups who havent learned their place. .. maybe not in the show lines but gamebred pit bulls, yes.. What type of training and ground rules have you established in the house concerning the dogs? Are you correcting the behavior or just letting it fly?

Good luck..

6. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

Obvisouly, u dont kno that i dont be around 2 many pitbulls. see when he does something wrong i let him kno but when my mother tries to tell him he just sares at her like she crazy or knocks her down. i kno for a fact that all dogs have to kno that they r at the bottom in the house hold ranking, but i think hes just challenging my mom.

7. steve04x

steve04x Pup

My Pitt gets along fine with my pops cocker spanile,,, only when i am present if i leave the pitt goes out back for a while...but when im in my pitts presents he wont do anything but smell the spaniel or maybe try and play a little because he is young but when i turn my back the pitt wants to make it his grounds pluse it donsnt help that the spaniel is about 6-7 yrs old so he is a bit grumpy...i would tell ya that when you train your pitt or pitts to use authority in your voice let them know that you own him/her and that you are the boss and that is the way it is dont yell just use a stern voice when useing commands.

8. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

thats pretty much what he does. soon as i turn my back its like stiwch turns on and he turns on the little dog. and he knows that i'm the boss, but when someone else tries to controll him he just fight it lol

like one time right, this ''so called'' pit bull owner said that if u want the dog to listen or be good, grab him by the neck and force him to the floor. well he tried this and knuckles[my pit] jumped up nipped him. lol this was going on for like 10 mins when he said forget it

lol i guess the term 'my dog' really comes in to place wit knuckles, no else can make him listen sep for me

9. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Ugh.... Key words here, PIT BULL!! The breed originated for one purpose... dog fighting.... And it came to a surprise to you that your pup is starting to turn on?!! You freak out because it is "beating" up on a pug?? Don't be an idiot.... Of course it is going to try to fight... they love it.... (If its a "real' pit bull that is) You just wait, buddy, your in for one hell of a ride!!

10. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

My big male would never hurt a female... My gyps tear into him, and he will only bite hard enough to hold them down.... My girls are exact oposite though... LOL My Paddie likes my male, but anything else with four legs and a tail is game...

11. steve04x

steve04x Pup

actually the breed was brad for hunting they are GAME DOGS,,, morons just abused PittBulls foe there talent to attack or kill. I beleive its all about how you raise the animal if it is raised mean it will be mean if it is raised with love it will love back and protect it's master

12. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Man created the Pit Bull: for fighting. It was not created for hunting as stated by steve04x. Their name alone tells you what they were bred for. Just as a POINTER was developed to signal to man where small game was, RETRIEVERS were developed by man to bring back killed game, etc hence the names.

The raising of a Pit Bull (game bred) will not have much bearing on its willingness and eagerness to fight and/or start a fight. They are much like people some will get along well with others and some won’t. It has been specifically bred for over a hundred years for its fighting qualities. That is why all of the books on “pits” tell you too NEVER leave two dogs together unsupervised. No amount of training will override a century’s of genetic engineering (same as with wild animals).

Also most of the hog dogs of old were in fact pit dogs that didn’t make it in the pit. But had enough tenacity and drive to be good hog dogs. Fact!

13. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

damn who said i was freaking out?

yall make it seem like i dont kno nothing about pitbulls