1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

If you have ????

Discussion in 'Weight Pull Training' started by littlecountry, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Feel free to ask me been in it a while use to be a APA judge got 3 in training right now and love to talk pulling trained under some of the best and been beat by them as well I do not use any thing to help my dogs just them and me nothing but vitiamins and dog food

2. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Hey I am going to start training my dogs for pulling they are 8 months old what is the best way to start they are my first APBT

3. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

Little Country,
    I've Been Trying To Get into Weight pulling, i attended the King of the Rails (Just to Watch).......I Was Told Not to use a Toy to get them to pull as this aggrivates there "Prey Drive" But instead You Want to teach them to actually "PULL".......So I start my dog out on small weight and build her confidence and gradually add more pounds.........I give her commands like "work work work " and she does fine for awhile.......but when i get to a certain point she wont pull unless i have the toy (Tazmania devil Slipper)which i try not to use....was just curious, Any other tactics i should use?

Octavio.....I Personally Just Put them in the harness first to get them use to it....them go from there.....make it fun for them!:)

4. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

bishop thanx i started like that but here goes another question does there food intake change or do i keep it the same im just curious do i need to drop there weight and build the up again.

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

6. NZPBT

NZPBT Pup

hi there
    i run new zealand pit bull club wanting to run weight pull compietitions any information would be great got event layout and how where going to run them but help with training and anything extra would be so wonderful
    thanks

7. elChico

elChico Banned

Hi guys i'm from Cape Town we have just started a club.My division in the club is weight pull i would like to learn more of becoming a weight pull judge.
    Any help i would gladly appreciate