1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

In Memory of Indy Girl

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Indy Girl's Mom, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Diamond Dog Food has taken another good dog and I'm so sad. I had Indy Girl put down this morning at 10 am. Yesterday I had given her all her favorite food, chicken breast and peanutbutter in her kong. Indy ate her little heart out. The damage was getting worse no matter how much I wanted her with me, she did not feel good. Indy would throw up and come back for more. I held her close the whole day and even closer when the needle went into her arm. The tears were pouring and my heart hurt so much. I kept telling myself that she is now running and playing with her cousins and her step-brother, Sprinkles the cat who past last month. This has been going on since December and I felt really lucky to have her but when she wakes up throwing up and goes to bed throwing up, that is not much happiness in feeling like this. This was the hardest thing I have ever done. Her vet helped alot with her kindness and working with me on this. Indy Girl is at Clemson with Dr. Pam Parnell having an autopsy done and I will get the results back on the 13th of this month. Indy Girl was my first pit and one of the sweetest dogs I have ever known. There is much to learn from these animals and I look forward to having her mother come live with me sometime this month. This is good healing medicine.

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm so very very sorry to hear this. At least she will no longer be in pain. My heart goes out to you.

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
    And pain should keep me from my sleep,
    Then you must do what must be done,
    For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
    Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
    For this day, more than all the rest,
    Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
    What is to come can hold no fears.
    You'd not want me to suffer so;
    The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
    And please stay with me till the end.
    Hold me firm and speak to me,
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
    The kindness that you did for me.
    Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
    Who had this painful thing to do.
    We've been so close, we two, these years;
    Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

--- Anonymous ---

3. laurenmichelle

laurenmichelle Big Dog

I am so sorry for your loss.

4. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Indy Girl.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

RIP Indy Girl. Its tough losing a dog you care about Indys mom, but you will find they are never really gone if you dont want them to be. I put my first dog I ever owned down, probably two months ago. It was extremely difficult, but daily I find myself looking at the empty kennel and remembering Max. I can tell how deeply you felt about this animal, and all I can say is that you did the right thing, and Indy is living a happier life now-waiting for you.

6. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I'm really sorry for your loss.

7. StraightGame

StraightGame Big Dog

sorry for your loos with her. Iknow how feels as well to put one down that you get really attached to also. rip indy

8. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I Know the feeling also and my prayers are with you. So sorry for your lose and pain.

9. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

I am deeply sorry for you loss.