1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

INDIANA conformation show

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by DEATH-GRIP, Aug 2, 2010.

1. that was a good-
    well organized show....

anyone take a dog count???
    i forget to ask....

2. personally i think it was a cluster fuck ! their were quite a few people that they screwed up or lost the registration & they weren't allow to show their dogs !!! & any dog who acted like A REAL BULLDOG in the ring didn't even get a second look !! except fetty's little pup on day 1 , BUT CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO PLACED !!! i believe some good ones were over looked !!

3. every show has its bumps...
    do you have any idea what kind of prep and $$$ it takes to run a show???
    especially when you have these small clubs that get little support??? ask Hoosier how many active members they have.
    ask how many "really participate"... ppl that drove from 15 hours away built the damn track and set up the ring!!!

as far as acting like a "real bulldog"-
    alert and in control of its space.... not a "barking contest"
    i saw plenty of dogs "acting like real bulldogs" that placed... even in CH class.

4. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

lmao, congrats on the griddle, don't leave home without it :D!!

Pics are still uploading so I'll start with our results :D

Contessa took 3rd on Saturday and 2nd on Sunday - 6-9 females

Phoenix took 2nd on Saturday and 1st on Sunday 9-12 females, she couldn't keep her damn nose off the ground lol.

Keira got shut out in a huge 3-5 female class with 12 dogs in it, which is fine with me, she didn't look her best. BUT, she actually barked at the other dogs for the first time EVER!!!!! I was so proud of her but it was only because a teenager was holding an aggressive dog because she didn't even look at the other dogs on Sunday lol. Oh well, it was spetacular while it lasted & sadly my better half was peeling shrimp at the time so no pictures of the miracle :(:(

And our daughter took 1st in jr handler 8+ on Sunday :D

Overall it was a great weekend spent with great people & yummy food. But after driving 3,300 miles over the past 10 days, I really need to think long and hard about anymore road trips, we're exhausted :lol:

5. hey,
    JR.... which dogs were yours??? trying to remember you bro

6. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Nope! He may not be as major a competitor as some of the younger dogs, but I've got no doubts he'll work it. My 7 year old works her heart out as much as the younger dogs.

7. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Congrats Boogie, and all who placed.....sounds like a good time..

8. Well I personally heard them calling folks over and over and over to the ring that never showed. So there's 2 sides to every story.

As far as acting like real bulldogs, attitude is only a small fraction of the points in the confirmation standard. Just because a dog is lunging and barking doesn't equal a win. If it's a train wreck then attitude isn't going to over come all it's faults. Mine all acted like bulldogs and placed well too BTW LOL

Her and her hubby are the ones who set up with us :) Cooked pancakes, bacon, and sausage Sun. Own the daughter to Bronson x Lizzy....Contessa :)

9. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Correction : Contessa got two thirds :confused::confused: don't know what I was thinking:confused:
    unless I came home with someone elses ribbon lol. I don't really know for sure, I must've been really tired if I can't remember.

ricoskennel: we have Contessa, Phoenix, and the little 8 week old Sorrells pup Medicine Man, aka Prozac, aka LittleMan, aka M&M (LMAO hubby hates that name, funny thing is I said it once probably a month ago and it was banned then :D)

Pics are at 80%

10. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

11. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

i agree, without a question my bitch was the best acting dog in her class on saurday 18-24 mo female and she didnt even get considered... now rico your bitch was very well porportioned and pretty and i have no issue with her winning over my bitch(because without a question the only thing she could beat my bitch in would be a beauty contest). but i dont nesccecarily understand why my bitch shouldnt of placed she was (in my opinion) also the best conditioned dog in her class... and i aagree rico its not a barking contest, but if a motherF***ing dog looks like its ready to hit the box and is acting like their ready to take some throats out, i dont think something like not having a tale set the perfect way... or being too "long" should affect a dog placing.(and with the too long aspect where the fuck they think a dog is gonna keep a big ol set of lungs)

congrats to all those who placed(you too rico dont let my rant let you think i didnt think your bitch looked nice) and especialy to my good friend mrs.L (and show neighbor) who took BIS both satuday and sunday.

yis
    webster

12. phill

phill Top Dog

it was organized great i know all about unorganation you guys were in il indana was run well ,,i get a kick out of judys dog dooing the figure 8's the dog is a riot ,,,and always fun shootin the shit with lonnie ,,,hope fully it's on to the 2010 nationals for barack o'boyles to get his last 8 points ,,,thank you hoosiers

13. Wow now we have somebody who can predict match wins just by looking at dogs LOL

Ridiculous

14. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

the show was ran verry well in my opinion, i was agreeing that it seemed like the judges didnt care for dogs that acted like bulldogs, jmo

15. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Guess I will let the kid try it then ! Thanks again!

16. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

no you never know for sure who would be a better box animal on a certain night unless you set two down and let em sort it out, and since neither i nor rico participate in such activities we aarent gonna find out... i didnt say the bitch wasnt well built, but she sure as hell didnt act good. and lets get fucking real with it boogie that bitch dont have a tested dog in her whole 4 gen ped and acted like a lame duck, she did not turn on one time all weekend. that little bich with the tail that kept her from placing has 19 show wins in her first two gens, and their is no question that bitch knows what her ancestor were bred for. so ya if we were around pre 76 your money would have to be on one side or the other and i sure as hell know which one mine would have been on.
    just for shits n giggles boog if two dogs bred like mine n ricos and acted the same, went at it pre 76 which one would you rather bet on?

17. I've always had a lot of respect for your posts websterz so I ain't tryin' to piss you off, but it was a confirmation show, and I think you was somewhat out of line with what you said. I do get it though that it was a rant and I'll take it for what it's worth ;)

Now as to answer your question, I'm sure you know my answer already LOL

I take it you've seen my dogs, and know that I like a dog with plenty of attitude and fire. In the end though, at a confirmation show that's not what it's all about. It is a part, but not everything. Faults are faults. They all have some. That bitches is her attitude....I don't see many other ones on her though!

I shouldn't of posted what I did as it's a can of worms that don't need to be opened in this thread IMO. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  18. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

i aagree that the bitch is terrificly built. i am not a conformation expert and am sure my bitch does have more faults than some(and im sure plenty more then ricos bitch) but i know what i like in a bulldog and that little bitch i brought has it... muscle mass, deep chest, high drive, well conditioned. i guess i just didnt understand why that bitch would win everything she was in and my bitch didnt win natta.and they were in the same classes everytime.
    ill admit i dont know much about conformation shows and what it takes to win, but that lil bitch has always done pretty well at shows and that bitch came in to that show in the best condition she has for a show and without a question acted the best on saturday and prolly second best on sunday.

also another question boogie how much is conditioning considered in a conformation show.

19. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

You also have to realize that not all dogs act a fool, but they can still be contenders. Some are just confident enough that they wait until they know its time to get the job done; some people call them smart dogs.

I have had both and its frustrating knowing you have the best dog in the ring and its your job to show them to their best even though it may not be humanly possible. Its hard for a judge to judge when the dog has more feet off the ground lol. Its just as hard knowing your dog is DA but won't show it in the ring.

20. AmberH

AmberH Big Dog

I posted this in the photo thread but thought I'd repost here.

I had a good time on Sunday and was really excited when my baby cousin took 3rd in Jr. Handlers his very first time out! Thanks to Deb for letting him handle Bean and Amanda for making the suggestion! I was so proud of him! I was at his house today and he had his little girl Lady out in the yard playing dog show. He wants to bring her next time and you know, I didn't even think about bringing her to this show. She isn't reg but Jr Handler is about the kid, not the dog. So... next time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010