1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

INDIANA conformation show

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by DEATH-GRIP, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Here's a link to the standard. Conditioning falls under Overall Appearance which is worth 20 points. There are many things that are included in overall appearance though so I would have to say that it could vary from judge to judge on exactly how many actual points they would put toward just the conditioning part. I know some that insist on a very highly conditioned animal, while I've seen others place one that is not worked at all. :( I also HATE to lose to a dog that isn't worked as well as mine but hey it happens. I feel like mine look as good as any most of the time as far as their condition goes.

http://www.adbadog.com/uploads/conformation%20_%20weightpull%20pic/2008%20conformationBreakdwn.pdf

2. Web...
    I wish you the best homey...
    Don't worry-
    I'll be in the CH class next year... so your high tail set, long bitch should do just fine son.

3. Brooklyn, NY
    signing off....

4. jumper3202

jumper3202 Big Dog

Boogieman congrats and to all who placed,my pepper took third n the 2 to 3 yr old females both days and she wasn't ready n my eyes so i was very pleased and the ones that I seen win or place, deserved to place or win. I will say one thing boogieman and ricos dogs were on point and look amazing! I got to spend my birthday weekend with my dogs so I was happy, n we placed! Congrats to the winners

5. I find it interesting that someone would dare to assume to have knowledge about the animals that one feeds or why they feed them. Especially when they take neither residence in that home nor have they ever stepped foot in their yard. I find it beyond disrespectful to take jabs at someone or their dogs when one hides comfortably behind a screen name yet feels they can throw stones at a very real person and or their dogs. In this day of feds breathing down ppls backs and watching what is written on the net only an absolute moron would openly admit to doing anything remotely illegal with their animals and more so even talking a whisper about it only brings a negative light and more unneeded heat on the entire game. When all is said and done I have been into these dogs longer than a lot of these internet doggers have even been alive, having forgotten more things then most will ever know. I have culled dogs as trash that they would have worshiped as Gods gift and my point isn't to gloat or tout merely to say that I have personally seen the results when the law comes on your yard and slaughters your life's work and the graveyard left behind with nothing left but the chains where your dogs where destroyed on and the anguish in your heart after fighting for the life of your dogs as you watch them getting dragged to their deaths. So I dare you to try to tell the law why you have a yard of bulldogs and no legal reason to own them cause in this world just wanting to it not good enough. The shows, pulls, etc are the only legal reason we have right now to have our dogs and that someone would belittle or put down or mar at someone who chooses to show their dog is outright self destructive, idiotic and disrespectful.

And an fyi being "long" has nothing to do with room for lungs. A dog becomes long when his loin is too long compared to his height. It is encouraged that the RIB cage comes as far back as possible into the loin to allow for room for a dogs lungs. A dog should be as tall at the shoulders as he is long from his sternum to the end of his hip. His body should be square. If a dog is said to be long his loin is too long causing his body to be a rectangle which in turn makes a dog carry extra weight and lose power in his hind end. Tail set has directly to do with the math of a dogs hip angles which as proven in everything from our dogs to even horses has an ideal angle to maximize leverage and pushing power. Conditioning counts towards points but you could also put a yorkie in top pit condition and have him hitting at the end of the leash trying to kill the dog next to him does that mean he should place at an apbt conformation show? This is a dog show, we win ribbons and trophies. Not money, no one dies at the end. This should be about friends, our dogs, good sport and not taken so personally.
    As long as we hold on to our pettiness which divides us our enemies of the ar groups will continue to slaughter our dogs.

6. This board is not to for the sake of hate... We post info about the shows... Talk a lil trash... Set up arrangements.... Post pics... And congradulate...

Anyone have a problem send me a private mssg... We'll talk there.

7. Thank you very much! :)

Congrats on your wins also!

8. boogie...
    tristate or no????
    also, send me a p.m. about that repeat....

9. if you came to tristate that would be a blast...

i'll bring that "black and yellow device" so you can make a complete a'hole out of the both of us again...
    LOL!!!

10. kdever

kdever Pup

What a great post!

I thought the show was well run and heard classes and specific missing dogs called on the PA multiple times, which I thought was a nice courtesy. My husband showed dogs 10 years ago, and we are thrilled to be back at it. My 12-18 month female placed both days while acting like an attitude filled bulldog and our 2 year old female won first place both days while acting like she had no clue there were other dogs even there HA! So, I agree that there is more to it than the attitude!

11. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

apreciate it man!!! cuz apparently a bulldog cant compete with a show dog

just so you know what a bulldog looks like, since you dont have one heres a few pics of my long loined, high tail dog that cant win shit

mind you she looked even better on show day as she hasnt worked in 6 days and has gotten time n a half feed for the past 4 (and was dryed out for the show)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this isnt a very good pic of the bitch but it shows that her tail doenst always sit high and the bitch is long because of her deep chest.
    [​IMG]

12. LOL sorry I won't be coming to NJ this year since it's a week before nationals. Don't want to make that long ass trip and then go to nats the week after. All that travel can be tough on the dogs and I really want to bring it at nats! :)

Hopefully I can place him there! It's def one of my goals this year!

13. lmao...damn...
    losing must really hurt son....
    this dude called out of work to upload pictures of his dog all day.... and the bitch took an L...
    get over that $*** son. start your own thread and b**** on that $***! we all about coolin out on this page...

14. oh...
    and i changed my avatar just for you... atleast you can look at some "best of" tropheys when you think of me!!!

15. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

im in college you punk ass bitch going for a mba, so i dont work now but ill make more money in 3 years than your punk ass will your whole life... atleast i didnt ride to the show with my mama
    ohhh u got da ho treatment

16. Lol...
    Anybody that knows me personally is gonna laugh at this clowns comment...

Remind you... We were on the same ground, in the same ring!!! All weekend!!
    Lmao
    we don't do this online gangsta act in NY... So I'm gonna act my age and ignore the educated young gentleman.
    Best wishes Web.

17. phill

phill Top Dog

i'm with you boogie.not sure what or who started but you can't blast boogie run near him a while you'll see and forget about the dogs ...boogie is the kind of people you schould suround yourself with i'm not startin but your self distructing man ,,ohh hell i'll start a little whats with the cute bunny

18. Phil... Lmfa0!!!!
    That's f'ing comedy!!!
    Btw... Good job showing this wkend phil...

19. Lmao... I didn't even notice that Phil!!!! Funny as hell

Img_1218.jpg

20. phill

phill Top Dog

i walked with him i know the guy knows his shit ,,,ya guys are sounding like my dogs are about to get down am i gonna have to brake ya guys like i broke f'en barack i really hated to do that his usual self even after beeing broke in the holding same old self in the ring he looked at the leash a few times then didn't want to be in the ring at all cuz he knows he's not gonna get off and do what he wants ,,,here is the new arguement is what i did wrong