1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Indoor dog to outdoor dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by viegas703, Jul 10, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Simple, is there any steps i need to take into converting an indoor dog to an outdoor one? Kayne is 8 1/2 months and i want to start keeping him outside. My grandfathers house already has a nice chain setup from his last dog that passed away and i want to start keeping my dog outside. Can i just straight up start keeping him outside or is there some sort of step process to it? i know this might be a dumb question but any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. It depends on the climate you live in. You shouldn't take a dog that has been kept in the AC and throw him out in to the deep south heat in the middle of summer. And vice versa in the winter months. Bulldogs do grow a thicker coat in the winter months and should have a chance to do so before it gets really cold. Just make sure you have a safe chain set up and collar. (Keep an eye on his neck for collar rubbing when you first put him out there). Nice dog house and shade all hours of the day. Spill proof water container, and proper tags (rabies, identification, registry with your county if required).

3. quinny

quinny Big Dog

I dont know too much about climate over there, It's pretty dog friendly here. But I've had to give a few dogs the boot to the chain or the yard before (all my dogs have started as 50/50 house yard dogs). This is my first bulldog 50/50 yard house, and he can get quite antsy, hyper and vocal if he see's something strange on the chain sometimes. But apart from that I reckon you've just gotta get em comfortable with the chain and surroundings, and ignore the vocals to some extent. Don't check him every few hours. Let him get used to his living quarters. Get yourself a concrete mould for any water and feed bowls so they dont get knocked over, With a good chain and good collar. He'll be fine.:dogkiss: