1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

internal injury

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by N M PITS, Jun 3, 2006.

1. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

well i had a yard accident today and 2 of my dogs were on my other dog it only lasted about 1 minute as i quickly seperated the dogs, i went out about an hour later to check on the dogs and one of my females was laying on the ground not moving (she was one of the 2 dogs on the other) anyway i brought her inside and inspected her she seems to have alot of pain in her stomach area but there are no outward signs of an injury she had a little blood in her nose i don't know if she had got bit or if it was internal bleeding. she is already at the vet and he is supposed to be calling me with an update. the vet said there was a little shock and that she was running a fever. i am just wondering what u guys think could be going on as i am a wreck sitting here waiting on this call. it has been almost exactly 1 year since i lost my last dog i walked her through those same doors i walked through this afternoon but she did not get to come home so i am really concerned about this one. thanks in advance

2. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

i have no advise, just prayers....good luck!

3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I'm with pepper, no idea, but my prayers will be with your pooch. Keep us posted.

4. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

well i sure appreciate the prayers i will keep u updated

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2006
  5. Suki

Suki Guest

...wouldn't even want to take a guess on this one, as internal emcompasses so many things... (too broad a spectrum)

I'm with the others, tho. "Well wishes" en route.
    Hope all turns out well.:)

6. hillbilly

hillbilly Big Dog

best of luck,hope she's okay

7. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Keep us posted on her progress.

8. asaj

asaj Big Dog

I hope she is fine!

9. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

it is 10:30 in the morning here and i still have not recieved a call from the vet i will update as soon as i get some info thanks again for the prayers and concern

10. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

well i just heard from the vet and he says my dog seems to be doing better that she was up moving around and she nibbled at her food. he said that there was some vomit in her cage this morning and that it had some sticks and stuff in it. i had originaly thought that she may have ate somthing that she was not supposed to because it was her stomach and she is always chewing on everything she can get a hold of. neither one of us is ruling out other posibilities though. so any way she is going to get x-rays tomorrow, and she does not seem to be in any immediate danger so i guess for now i feel a little better but its not over yet so please keep up the prayers and thanks again

11. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

well it turns out that jezebel had a ruptured urinary bladder and had surgery today to fix it now i just have to wait and see if she is going to heal correctly and be able to come home. i am wondering if any of u have had experience with this injury and what i can expect or what not to expect. from what the vet told me i need to be worried about infection and the bladders ability to heal and perform properly any other info would be greatly appreciated as would your continued prayers thanks again

12. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

probably lots of water to keep her flushed out. i am glad she is on the path to being better!!! :)

13. hope she is fine and you get her home soon playing with you

14. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

good luck. it's always a nervous time with your babies. i went through this twice with my boy eating metal and tennis balls. he acted like he had parvo. hold strong and don't let your emotions get the best of ya. good luck. she'll be fine.

15. Attila

Attila Guest

you'll need to limit her activities till she is healed and keep her wound clean and dressed. I would crate her then take her out only to utilize the yard to urin and deficate in. Keep her from the other dogs as play may tear it open again. She must have been hit very hard in the stomach and had a full bladder for that to happen. I would suggest maybe perminant limitations on the play while unattended. I am continueing to pray for your dog. This is a very serious issue and I pray he irrigated out the intricles with saline to rinse out the urin that may have escaped. You will have to watch for some bloating in case of a bacterial infection with any bio waste that enters the inside of the gut cavity. Also drainage or openings in the insission point and redness in same location.

16. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

Don't you just love Attila Magyar he's always so helpful. As for me I only have a little advice make sure she gets lots and lots of water to help flush her bladder frequently. I am #1 in the bladder infection department and nothing is better than tons of water to prevent infection.

1 person likes this.
  17. Attila

Attila Guest

wow thanks Cemoreno[​IMG] That was very kind of you to say. Good job on the drinking of fluids very important to keep the bladder flowing to reduce bacteria build up on the inside. That did slip my mind. I have never had a bladder infection but I have had kidney stones. I would rather take a million butt whippings with a switch than to have those things again. I feel good now. Kind words make me happy. you made my day. [​IMG]

18. My prayers are with you.

19. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

well jezebel has been home for a couple of days now and all is going well, the vet did a great job on her and she is recovering quickly. i guess she is my house dog now, good thing we did all that training or or this might have been a problem, anyway thinks for all the prayers and advice

20. Suki

Suki Guest

Nice!:cool:

Glad to hear that!