1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ironline kennels

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by wiseguy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

I am interested in a breeding from Ironline Kennels. I am not asking what anyone thinks of him or his dogs. I never met him or spoke to Mr. Norrad before. I just would like to know how is he when strangers call? Should I give him a call or try to find someone that knows him?

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

He will be Judging an up coming dog show in Tenn.

3. pitbullcliff

pitbullcliff Banned

I know he doesn't like when people put his name online like you have. He is fine with just using his kennel name online.

4. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Call him.If anything the man is honest.

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

if that is the case, he might want to make some changes to his website...it mentions his name 4 times on the front page :D

Edited... link removed by Marty

6. Marty

Marty Guest

IM has threatened to hack this site a many of times and I will not allow the advertising of his site here sorry :eek:

7. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

I edited my post even though as stated above his website does have his name.
    bohawg00 thanks for the advice.

8. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I hope u dont try and call from MI.

9. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

I don't live in MI. I did read on his site he doesn't sell to anyone in MI.

10. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

He has a forum you can visit, linked off his website....just reading some of the posts there I'm not particularly fond of his personality.

11. Like with many older folks in the breed, a converstion with him may leave you emotionally bruised BUT if you know how to take/flow with the mental punches, you can learn a lot from someone with his years in the dogs. I believe he is fine with phone calls that do not end up mentioning stupid things like illegal activities or the like.....:cool:

12. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I talked to him last summer he kept me on the phone for a good hr....don't know why people are worried about talking to him he was really cool. He even had good things to say about other lines of dogs when I asked.

13. yes he is a good man

14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I hesitate to answer this but ... I say call the man yourself & form your own opinion. I know folks who like him & I know folks who don't, but almost everyone likes his dogs. And while he can be a good source of historical information, do take what he says with a grain of salt b/c I know for a fact he has either wittingly or unwittingly told some flat-out lies on people. I don't know if his untruths were put out there on purpose or if he was just plain misinformed. Could be either one, but either way as a result don't take anything as the gospel truth, take it w/ at face value. Nothing against him personally, just something to ponder in your conversations.

Good luck in your search.

15. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

I am not asking about him as a person. I have been out of the dogs for about 4 years I am planning on getting something the beginning of next year. I am interested in a breeding he has due in January. In this day and age people worry about who they speak to on the phone. I just wanted to know will he talk to a stranger or try to get off the phone asap. From earlier post it seems like he does speak a decent amount on the phone to people. I will call him when I am ready to purchase a pup so I do not waste his time. Thank you to everyone that responded.

16. moonshine

moonshine Pup

For what its worth I think he is straight down the line if a little blunt for some.I rang him a few years back about some info I wanted.It was a short convo but I dont blame him as he dont know me from Adam and its his perogative to be as blunt as he wants.After all Im the one ringing him and when you have been in the dogs for as long as he has your patience gets tested many times and I guess he doesnt suffer fools easily but hey that aint a crime.I would have one of his dogs in a heart beat,especailly that pure Hemphill blood.Unfortunately it aint available to the general public anymore but its nice to dream.Dont know why anyone would be scared to call him unless your easily offended.I would rather some one be straight and abrupt than try to bulls*** me.

17. wiseguy

wiseguy Pup

Thanks for the info. I am not scared to call just don't want to waste his time if he doesn't like speaking to strangers. I am not a newbie but I don't like dropping names when talking to other dogmen. Back in the day when SDJ was around my old partner called a well known breeder that had an ad SDJ. When he got a hold of the person he got the 3rd degree from the start questions like who are you? Why are you calling? and how did you get my number? Even though his number was listed in the ad. All these question before my partner said a word outside hello can I speak to such and such. After my partner dropped a few names of mutual people they knew the person spoke with him. As far as pissing him off I do not worry I am from the school when you speak to a person thats been in the game longer then you and knows alot more then you, listen to what they have to say and give your opinion when asked.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008