1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is An American Staffordshire Terrier A Pitbull?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by sydking, May 17, 2010.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

get some glasses bud

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thanks man

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

looks like you might have a future in breed identification with the Denver Animal Control LOL:D

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

well isnt BSL an issue where you are? education is the key, so NO they arent the same things. just cuz my neighbors bully mauls some kid doesnt mean my APBT will. yet in the papers and to the GP they are the same thing. GET SPECIFIC

5. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I could go on with some obscure story
    But I say they are not the same. but potentially can be any time needed some day

6. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

yes lee....bsl is an issue in this neck of the woods......the amstaff isnt recognised,...neither is the irish staff,....the pitbull is regarded as a'type'.....and the stafford looks like a pug.!...
    the gp here would envisage a big muscled american bull dog as a pitbull because it reflects the image portrayed by the media....the gp is comfortable in their ignorance,..and im cool with that ......ive no agenda to try and educate any one who isnt prepared to put the time and effort in for them selfs......ill leave that to the petbull brigade.....
    The only issue with specifics and education is a question of media reporting....and the media couldnt careless about anything other than a 'sexed up' story.....if it bleeds , it leads..

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

catchdog, you have no idea who he is, but he feeds real dogs, no bully shit, i'll assure you that. and when did you become an ADBA judge, cuz ive been told his only flaw was being undershot....not to worry tho, hes all bulldog

8. kira

kira Pup

yo lee

im not saying ur dog does look like an amstaff, but it does seem to look different to a lot of the dogs i see here

why is that??

no offence just asking

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Because it's a good one, lol. Seriously alot of the fat bill blood have the physical traits that this dog of his shows, and the tighter it's bred the more they show...as far as the fat bill blood goes anyway. That's what I gather anyway.

10. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

exactly my point..:D height , weight , name , colour ,looks , paper.....all bs....beauty is as beauty does..lol

how did we ever survive before papers, pedigrees , breed clubs, an experts..lol

11. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Are the 13" and 15" beagles different breeds? Are Blue/red Tick, Redbone, Walker, and Blk n Tan, Plott, Cur Coonhounds all different breeds??? But who really cares if Staff call there dogs Pit or Pit call them staff??? There the same KIND of dog being that they both are Bull Terriers from the same foundation.

12. fblb

fblb Top Dog

This is some wack ass shit. Call your dog what it is. So you agree that any attack that is done by a dog with bull and terrier should be put on the shoulders of the American Pit Bull Terrier? It would seem so from the ignorant post you just made. Same kind of dog, fuck it huh? Where should the line be drawn? Isn't this a big part of why alot of the game bred owners have a problem with most of bully money making "breeders"? They label them as "APBT" more often than not on their site, but it's all good because they share a bit of the same blood, huh? Come on man.

13. kira

kira Pup

lol fblb

i wouldnt go that far

amstaffs and pitbulls are closely related and are pretty much the same dog

them "bully" things do not qualify for either, so thats not what br is saying

14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

well im not sure what youre seeing in one pic of my dog its kinda hard to say what sombodies dog looks like in one pic.
    he does have a certain look about him...he reflects the consistency in FBs breeding program quite well, and he didnt even come off his yard. look at the pic on his ped...does that look like a 38 lb amstaff to you?

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

if by"pitbulls" you are speaking of APBTs, they most certainly are not

16. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

fblb..i understand where you are coming from, lee also,....i can only state from my own perspective.....where a ban has been in plaice for almost 20 yrs...
    to watch a group of fully kitted out riot police enter the property of a suspected 'pit bull' owner ...with a small 40lb animal.....is hilarious
    the ban hasnt stopped anyone who has a passion for 'real' bull terriers
    it simply removed the petbull crowd out of the equation.....now the only people who are causing headlines , are the people who follow the bsl crowd......keep 'working dogs'around kids ,....yet never work them...them get slapped on the wrist with a suspended 6mth sentence........even after a child has been mauled.
    in this country im not interested in playing the blame game.....was it a real apbt?
    was it an amstaff?.....was it really gamebred or a cur biting out of fear?
    its all bs...............its stupid owners , uneducated,....its not down to a lack off genuine knowledge put out their by well meaning people....but a lack of real education learnt through experience ,.... with these animals, i think we can agree that shared knowledge is a poor substitute for first hand knowledge.

17. fblb

fblb Top Dog

So where do you draw the line for the general public? Wouldn't it just be smarter, and more correct to call your dog what it is? Also the Am Staff hasn't been "almost the same" for 70 plus years now. Totally different breed.

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i will drink to that man, well said Tiger

19. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Fblb, your crying about things that don't matter, we don't get to draw any line other than the ones our dogs cross, the media will take a chow attack and call it a pit bull attack, don't matter wtf the dog is called, if it hunts, it hunts, nuff said.... Tiger said it best, cheers mate... And about bullies, who gives a rat ass what they call their dog... If that what people like and want so what, if they're happy so the fuck what.... Look I really do agree with that if a coonhound can't/wont hunt Coons he's not really a coonhound but only one by shear of a shell... But see thing the way you want. In the end no one cares and it doesn't change a thing. All you can try to do is one of two things on these boards, learn a little bit or try to teach a little bit, everything is pointless bullshit.

20. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

cool lee...i am drinking to that..:D...........tonight im on the stella's....lol:D

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010