1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is ratting legal in any US state?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by The Keep Book, Aug 18, 2019.

1. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

U start a group im sure people would join in just to help outthe homeless get rid of there vermin problem

The Keep Book likes this.
  2. The Keep Book

The Keep Book Reclusive Misanthrope

The rat pit contests were to see which dog could nail the most rats in a given time, but I think the primary purpose was gambling.

3. The Keep Book

I have been chomped on by big rats. They have a very hard bite. Ergo, I have zero sympathy for them.

4. The Keep Book

I hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

5. GrChDiamondJimmy

GrChDiamondJimmy KING ZEBO

rats are awesome they make good pets. you have a weird hatred of rats.

hate to tell you, but they are here to stay, sorry! they have been thriving for thousands and thousands of years. you can't stop them.

6. The Keep Book

I am not referring to domestic pet rats and lab rats. I am referring to disease-carrying introduced pests that kill humans (remember the Black Plague?) and other animals.

I had an invasion of Norway rats (brown rats) in my studio a few years ago. It took forever and a day to eradicate them since I could not afford an exterminator. I incurred some PAINFUL bites. This is the reason for my weird hatred of rats. I want to kill every fucking wild rat I see.

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

They are definitely disease carrying pests.

8. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Look fuck you fuck zebo fuck your house fuck your couch fuck your opinions. If all u can do is spew out bulls shit and how much u would like to blow zebo and his owners. Shut your ass up .also fuck the rats i feed em to my pythons

david63 likes this.
  9. GrChDiamondJimmy

fuck you west coaster you may have done taekwondo for a little while but thats not a real hand to hand combat sport thats weak shit

10. GrChDiamondJimmy

they prolly just think you are a beautiful woman and trying to give you kisses and nip at you

and I have came across them a few times I will feed them

11. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

A good Rat's a DEAD Rat.

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

Me and my buddy used to go to the County dump with our 22 rifles and shoot the hell out of those rats.

13. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

That sounds like a good time! We don't have rats here thank god but I love shooting gophers with a semi auto .22 good times.

david63 and The Keep Book like this.
  14. The Keep Book

I'm definitely a woman, though not especially beautiful. They aren't trying to kiss me, they are trying to eat me alive. Feed them if you will, but it'll be a lot easier to just let them swarm you and bite you to death. You'll still be feeding them.

You go bye-bye now.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  15. The Keep Book

I would LOVE to go rat-shooting. Around here I'd have to use a pellet gun.

david63 likes this.
  16. The Keep Book

When I had scenthounds as a kid I used to take them to vacant land to sniff out and kill gophers. That was some BIG-time fun.

david63 and Box Bulldog like this.
  17. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

There's some pretty serious air/pellet guns made these days. Check out air gun depot.

david63 and The Keep Book like this.
  18. The Keep Book

Props. I'll look em up. I have an air pistol but I would love a high-powered air rifle.

19. PITPAL1

PITPAL1 Big Dog

I got permission last year to shoot rats at a feed lot owned by a customer of mine. Those bastards were coming out in the broad daylight and eating the spilled grain and digging through the manure flats. I expected to shoot a couple. I ended up shooting an entire can of pellets and got to the point my arm was to sore to cock the air rifle. It was a blast, unfortunately I doubt I had any impact on the population

Lrs, The Keep Book and Box Bulldog like this.
  20. david63

david63 CH Dog

pellet gun kill your pellet gun kill a lot rat. when we went to the county landfill we would kill about 18 or 20 rats a piece within about a 2 hour hunt.