1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ivomec 1%

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by azdog, Aug 15, 2004.

1. azdog

azdog Big Dog

Does ivomec kill tape worms and has anyone had bad results with it?

2. grip

grip Pup

ni ivomect will not kill tapeworm droncit will though

3. AC

AC Big Dog

No it does not and I dose them at 1/10 of a cc per 10 lbs. And I don't use it on pups under 3 mo.

4. The ivomec will make the tapes run, but WILL NOT kill them. The best stuff I have found over the counter at your local feed stores is "VALBAZEN". This white milky stuff works very well, and can be used on pups too. As early as two weeks also. I found this drug in an article in a BEAGLE rabbit hunting magazine years ago. Give ONE cc per ten pounds. Sometimes I have had to use a stronger dose and had NO regrets. When dogs get older, you can use this with the IVOMEC, hand in hand. Anyways, it works for me, and visits to the VET are at a bare minimum. The bottles of VALBZEN comes in 500mls and bigger. Cost is around $35. Large kennels will profit from use of the VALBZEN, as you will not need the vet trips. Hope this helps...pooch

5. azdog

azdog Big Dog

Thank all you gentalmen for your help.Im sure glad ther are still some good people out there.

6. Onac

Onac Pup

DON'T MEAN TO BE A STICK IN THE MUD, BUT THE EASIEST METHOD FOR REMOVING TAPES IS LIQUID PANACUR FOR PUPS, AND AFTER THREE WEEKS OLD, ADAM'S NO MO TAPE WORM EXPELLER.
    SORRY TO DISAGREE WITH YOU POOCH, BUT VALBAZEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE AGAINST ALL TYPES OF TAPE WORMS, AND FOR THE COST IT IS NO WHERE NEAR AS EFFECTIVE AS ADAM'S NO MO TAPE WORM EXPELLER.
    TO SECOND WHAT I HAVE SAID TO BEGIN WITH ON THE VALBAZEN, IT HAS BEEN KNOW TO ACTUALLY CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS IN SOME RECENT STUDIES. VALBAZEN IS GOOD FOR EVERYTHING BUT ALL SPECIES OF TAPES AND HEARTWORMS, AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED ON SICK OR YOUNG DOGS, AND NEVER AROUND A BITCH IN SEASON, BRED OR UNTIL AFTER SHE IS OFF THE PUPS.
    DO OR THINK WHAT YOU WANT, BUT WE HAVE TEN PLUS YEARS TO BACK UP OUR VALBAZEN USE, AND ULESS YOU SHOW US UNEQUIVOCAL, EVIDENCE OTHER WISE OR A NEW STUDY, THEN WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE IS THE LAST STUDY DONE.

I MEAN FOR THIS STATEMENT TO HELP NOT HURT. HOPEFULLY IT WILL NOT BE TAKEN THE WRONG WAY.
    Onac

7. Hey, great for you Onac. Glad you have the years and studies to point to the stats. But, I also have a few yaers under my belt. I didn't start yesterday. Anyways, until I see what you are talking about..hey, I am pleased with my results...Oh, the stuff you are talking about..yes, it is good stuff too..I can't knock it either...I just choose to use what works for me...IMO...pooch

8. Onac

Onac Pup

just be careful using valbazen on the bitches you intend to breed. contact pitdogs.org
    and ask him the specifics.

again, i am not correcting or slamming you personally, just would like others to be educated from different stand points, and different people.
    didn't mean to stirr it up, or say you are any less experienced with this product or kennel care.

take care
    Onac

9. Hey babe..I understand. Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody's got one. As for education, I'm all for it. You made some good valid points. I do, and other I'm sure thank you for them. If any problems ever come from it, the use of Valbazen, that I see, I will be sure to let the pitbull fancier know it. Thanks again Onac, have a bless day ..pooch