1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just a random thought

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by viegas703, Jul 17, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Im not trying to stir anything up with this thread, im really not. So before i start, if any moderator at the end of reading this feels it should be closed, please do so. After getting the first part out of the way i hope that eliminates any unnecessary negative comments. Here we go. Everyone here, or atleast the majority have game bred dogs correct? well, seeing as the sport is illegal, can i truly ask what the point in needing a game dog is? My immediate guess would be because thats the way the breed was intented to be and people want to keep it that way and not let the breed die down into something else. When some people refer to hog hunting or weight pulling ive heard people bash them and say things such as: "this is PITbull terrier not a PULLbull terrier". Now why would you really want a GAME dog if all it does is stay in your backyard, eat, shit,sleep? Understand im not trying to offend here, as i have my own reason for liking game dogs. And that reason is because theyre so much different than any other dog out there and they have such a history behind them, it would be a shame to let it die. All im really looking for with this thread is YOUR reasons. Im not an idiot, i know this website is most likely heavily watched, so please dont incriminate your selves.

2. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Just my thoughts but ever since i was young we had them on the farm and raised them because they are extremely versatile and can adapt to anything that you would want them to do they are extremely loyal animals and have a great spirit about them and in my experience if you have ever owned a good one then that pretty much told you that you didnt want to own any other breed ;)

3. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I dont think many people are against hog hunting or hunting with apbts in general. Pretty sure that is the closest thing to legal dog testing and its useful. On this site any person working their dog to keep them in similar form and mind as they were historicaly seems to respected.
    Breeding dogs to pull atleast from what I see via internet pulling is not a very well rounded activity and therefor results in a not to balanced dog.

LOL clearly me an AGame have to much free time

4. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

No one is dumb enough to claim they have Game bred dogs on here, people have dogs down from game bred lines. I can buy a pup from Bob from down the block, he can't tell me my pup is Game until it's been proven. There's only one way to prove it. He can only tell me my pup is from a game bred line, NO Crime in that!

People come to this message board to learn and share knowledge with one another for the love of these dogs.

Dog fighting is still going on all over the world, people are still taking Penitentiary chances for the Love of this Breed let me correct myself, for the Love of GAMENESS.

5. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

What does the "SPORT" being illegal have to do with people wanting these dogs... the answer is simple. Because the dogs are nice to look at... Duh!
    But honestly this is more of a private conversation bro.. Not a Topic for here... Matter of fact, your imagination can come up with the answer to your original post.No need to really even talk about it!!!!!!

6. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Excellent Post Homie

7. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Lol ofcourse I can use my imagination. But I'd rather not put it out in words. I just figuered different people have their different views ya know. I'm glad no one flamed me or took offense to anything, like I said if this thread should be closed for whatever reason please do so. Btw I didn't say owning GAME dogs, I said gamebred dogs from tested lines. One day I hope to start myself a yard.

8. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

You mentioned Game dogs a couple of times...But .........
    A game dog is just that. A dog proven to be game... A game bred dog is a dog who's parents,grand parents, or any previous ancestors were shown to be game.
    To continue this conversation any further probably wouldnt be smart...
    People have there reasons for wanting the dogs they own....

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Why wouldn't you want a dog true to his/her standard or nature?You say you like game dogs, but yet you speak out of the other side of your mouth asking why anyone would really want one of these animals...If you truly cared/liked or knew anything about a truly game animal you would not be presenting what you are in this post. Almost all breeds of dog have a history behind them, and quite a few a actually very interesting. The only thing that would be a shame to let die is the true APBT in this instance.....however how would you truly know what is deserving of carrying on the name, and what isn't if you are not willing to carry on the standards of old? It is all speculation anymore, and seems like anyone that is asking questions like this are speculative at best.

10. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Good point..
    I will say I don't think he was trying to speak on the breed and most of our reasons for owning this breed in a negative way..
    I think what he was asking was as individuals why do we choose to continue to keep these dogs going....

No matter how he meant his original post,I don't think it should be answered on this thread....

11. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

CLK- I appreciate you thoroughly reading my orginal post and realizing what I was asking. I posted the fact that if this thread should be closed for being innapropriate to do so.

FBLB- all I can say to you is please go back and read my original post. All the thing you said were basically what I typed in my post. If you'd go back and read you would see that I wasn't saying people shouldn't keep breeding the dog true to its name, matter fact I said the same that your saying. But if you want to keep acting like I was downing this breed and its history by all means go ahead. My simples question at the end of the day was " why people need a game bred dog". Matter of fact I even posted that some day I hope to start a yard of proven dogs and stated why I have interested in game bred dogs which it seems like everyone caught on to except for you.

12. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Well if he thoroughly read your post, and realized what you were asking...you ask why would we chose to raise these animals?...I ask you why wouldn't we? If you have to ask that question then you shouldn't own these dogs.
    All I can say about my post is if you aren't smart enough to read what I am saying maybe you shouldn't address me. If you need to ask why people need a game bred dogt then this is the wrong breed for you....if you need someone to explain why they need a game bred dog then this is not only the wrong breed for you but it is also the wrong country for you...Why does anyone need any dog? Because that is the breed they choose to own, and that is their right to own iit. I t doesn't matter what they are doing with their dogs, what does matter is that that is the dog they choose to own. Asking a question like "why do you need to own a game bred dog?" is like asking "why do you need to post on this site"?....because they can, and it is their choice.

13. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Lol. Its obvious you like to over analyze things. Whatever makes you feel better bro. Take it easy.

14. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

ever notice how pets look like their owners? I just have alot in common with the game bred APBT, im all banged/scarred up from military service. so is my dad, grandpa,his dad, his dad and all the way back, hell Im a 5th generation us soldier, and before that my family was fighting against the US and others that were here. So my dog is just like me, bred for battle, so this is my pet, besides I use them to hunt, pull dogs and show bred dogs cant get down like the true apbt, putting me in danger, because they were bred to pull or be pretty, not perform. I dont hunt for fun, we are currently in a perdicament dealing with hogs as an invasive species, dogs are the most effective tool to utilize in response to destruction of farmland, theres even a church that was being over ran.

15. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I actually saw a documentary on the problem with hogs in america, pretty interested stuff.

16. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

its addicting. once you learn the history and tradition of this breed there is no goin back. after gettin their first good one ppl who dont fight and test dogs still appreciate the work, willingness to please, never quit attitude and unmatched loyalty

17. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

See you got this jist of it. Thats what im saying, after reading and reading and listening, i continuously find this breed to be more and more incredible.

18. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Not over analyze so much as think before I post. Take it easy, friend.

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

my man, you prob been in the game much much longer than i have. But im just trying to learn the most i can, i even stated if my thread was in any way innapropriate to close it. I didnt mean any offense to ANYONE nor this breed.

20. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

x2.........
    funny story, my neighbor has watched us condition and have a blast, they started with just 1 lil jeep lookin gyp, after a while they ended up walkin a blue one a white one and another red one, Im thinkin damn lady, take it easy,