1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just for the blood?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DBOY, Mar 28, 2009.

1. DBOY

DBOY Pup

Some people believe in breeding a dog just for the blood even though the dog is a poor performer. True the dog still might be able to produce but at what percentage? Is it right to breed a dog just because the blood is there?

2. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

That is the oldest ? in this game. I guess its all in what you are willing to feed. But if you are going to breed just for paper to sell dogs then the answer is hell no.

chinasmom likes this.
  3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Sometimes a dog can be a poor performer due to the people who handle the dog.Any dog can show piss poor if dip s###'s are working it.It is not just'' that'' dog it is the man behind it that play just as big of the part.''but at what percentage?'' you can make any percent you want just breed the hell out of it and place them with the right people. If the blood is there you allways have a chance.

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

agreed 100%^^^

5. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I believe you get out what you put in... Be it getting a dog (or your self) in shape or breeding animals...

There hast to be a root and fundamental principle of what your breeding on to.

If you don't breed the best,,, How on earth do you expect to get the best Dogs...

You can't get something out of something if its not already in that something...

Main reason why darowinisum (sp) is flawed...

You can go down the latter of quality but once your down there you can never go back up.

Jm2c

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Is the dog a poor performer as in "not talented'' then I would see nothing wrong with breeding the dog under certin cercemstances. If the dog is a poor performer as in ''cold or not Game" then no the dog should not be bred going off of blood alone unless You have breed everydog within 5 gens, U have 20 pluss years experiance with YOURE own line and Youre last name is Colby,Clemmons,Crenchaw etc... These type of people with that type of experiance should be the only ones making Judgement calls when it comes to breeding bulldogs imo.
    Big Game

7. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

I think this question has a lot of variables you could consider like siblings performance, game or not and so on. If there is a question and you feel like you must breed it find a great all around dog to breed with and cull hard!

8. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Who will breed when these men are gone?

9. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Hells Bells you missunderstood my post.

10. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

I will NOT breed a dog just for the blood. Already had that situation just happen. I felt the dog had a less than savorable temperment, and therefore did not use the dog. However, what is less than savorable for me, is okay for someone else. So, it depends on an individuals own idea of what is a "good" dog, and their own ethics. JMO

11. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Ok what was your point? It just seems a lot of people aren't interested on this forum in anyone breeding anything that isn't a game dog.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Well the fourm is ''gamedog.com'' NOT MUTTS&CURR.COM. just seems a lot of people aren't interested on this forum'' Ya thats the people who need to be on MUTTS&CURR.COM :)

13. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

A guy by the name of Barry Mecockiner he is the next Guru , he will take over breeding the new lines of game dogs. Hes the best at preserving the genes that we fanciers desire , and one of the best breeders of all time.

1 person likes this.
  14. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

There are good breeders on this forum that actually do things with their dogs to improve the image of the breed and enjoy sports with their dogs.

I don't think there are mutts&curs forums... Since I guess you think thats what I own. My pit bull is just a great pet. I love her we all love our dogs. You can still breed good dogs to standard and have excellent dogs of the breed. And rescue pit bulls and pit bull mixes are just as good. Theres many out there that have titles in sports as well. Wallace the pit bull was a rescue and he's a champion disc dog. His owner found him at the city pound.

15. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

One man is going to satisfy the needs of all the people who own and want to own pit bulls in this country. They are one of the most popular dogs in this country.

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

BLABLABLABLABLAIMHB&weloveourdogsblablabla.

17. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Man you are really immature... CHdynomite I scan read your last post. Very funny. Very. I'm sure you find yourself very amusing. Are we back in high school?

18. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

And you don't love your dogs?

19. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Hes the best , probably the only man that could handle the responsibility. You would be amazed at what he can do.

20. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Yeah I'm sure he can really break it off. :rolleyes: