1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Just lost my 13 week old pup....

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by NitroDawgKennels, May 3, 2006.

1. I just lost my 13 week old pup to parvo after a long 7 day battle. R.I.P Zorra.

Attached Files:

2. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Im sorry to hear that.

3. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

RIP Zorra.

4. 440rider

440rider Guest

if you have other dogs or plan to get another pup you better make sure to disinfect your entire yard...use a strong bleach/water solution to kill it. Soak the yard with it

5. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

Man I am so sorry for your lose.

6. asaj

asaj Big Dog

Im sorry!
    And I agree, make sure you disinfect everywhere before bringing a new pup home.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

RIP little man.

8. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I WOULD WAIT A FEW MONTHS BEFORE BRINGING ANOTHER DOG INTO THE HOME.

WHEN YOU DO, MAKE SURE THE DOG HAS HAD VAX (ATLEAST 2 WEEKS PRIOR) AND THAT YOU HAVE THOROUGHLY SANITIZED INSIDE AND OUTSIDE. ANY BLANKETS THAT THE DOG SLEPT ON (IF HE/SHE DID) TRASH THEM, AND ANY TOYS.

I AM TRULY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Farewell Zorra, R.I.P.

10. B

B CH Dog

Bleach your house, yard, sheets, base of trees, everything basically or this will continue to happen over and over. Your home obviously has the virus in one or many places. Sorry for the loss...

Regards,

B

11. She had a bad reaction to her 1st vacc. that's how she got it. Thanks for all your Thoughts and Prayers for my baby girl.

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

so sorry for your loss...she was a beauty. RIP Zorra.

13. B

B CH Dog

I've never heard of a vaccine giving a dog parvo. Do you have any information on this so I can read about it? I'd like to see how that was possible and learn something new.

Regards,

B

14. SORRY FOR YOUR LOST AND REAL IMPORTANT THAT YOU DISINFECT EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU GET ANOTHER DOG, FARWELL Zorra, R.I.P.

15. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I too am very sorry to hear this.

I second that.

16. That was all the vet said, she may have had a weak immune system anyway and then the round of vaccinations did the rest. I have not had the chance to read up on it. She fought hard, I could have sworn she was going to make it... maybe it was all hopes. She was like one of my kids and thank god for every little bit of time I had with her. I know she's now in a better place with no suffering. My poor male keeps pacing around, whining looking for her. Zorra, I love you baby!! R.I.P

17. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

So sorry to hear that. It is never easy to lose a part of the family.

18. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I am very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. God bless.

19. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Sorry for your loss.

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's tough, but keep your head up.

As far as the vaccine giving her parvo, I highly highly doubt it. The chances are very slim to nil on that happening. However, depending on how long you had her, it's possible she was already incubating the virus as some dogs can be exposed & have it take 2 wks for that dog to show symptoms (however, once symptoms appear, without treatment the dog usually dies within days).