1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

kaos kennels

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by odinslad, Jul 19, 2010.

1. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Once again lads thanks for the info on what ive been looking for , will let you know how he progresses in the comeing months .:)

2. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

Hi Odinslad

If youre thinking of breeding youre better of out crossing, as mentioned above the blues have been too closely bred already and to be honest I have first hand experience of the suffering it can cause the dogs produced. Skin problems etc.
    Also somewhere along the line I think they have lost their vigour and exceptional tenacity, that I once saw in my first blue 17 years ago a pup out of KKs Blue and Sky.

I know of Steve Keetch very well and know that he hasnt introduced new blood into his dogs.
    The pups I have bred are from an out crossed bitch, but I have no plans to breed, her or her pups......too many dogs out there as it is.

I speak to Barry (Kaos Kennels) sometimes and dont think he has any litters planned any time soon either.

Rather than focusing on "keeping the lines tight" I'd personally focus on making a better dog. I'd rather use new blood to bring back good qualities that some peddlars seemed to have bred out of the blues. But ive only bred twice and am still a novice to be honest but from what I know I think new blood is the way forward.....with regards to the blues in the UK.

Thats just my opinion though. :)

All the best.

3. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Thanks Ragingstorm for your info , im just trying to keep the features of the older style dog , dont get me wrong i just got a pup from steve a few months ago & traveled down from glasgow to meet him his wife & the dogs he has , after a bit of research into the older lines all i want to do is try & keep a good bloodline going im looking at buying another dog or two in the comeing years to try & get it right then in years to come i can let my boy carry on what i have always dremnt of doing . once again Ragingstorm thanks for your help.

4. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

No probs :)

Good luck in your endeavours and with your pup, drop me a PM if you have any other queries I can help you with :)

5. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

thanks for the help ragingstorm.

6. nasher

nasher Big Dog

Not knocking it but I would not class these dogs as an old bloodline and what makes them a good bloodline because psycho is or 8 gens in the ped? as already mentioned these dogs have had the back end peddled out of them for colour alone.

and as for keeping the older style dog going most of them kk dogs look completly different to the early stuff, and this is another sales tactic that you have a rare colour and bloodline so you get sold into the fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
  7. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

Have to say I totally agree, anything beyond 3rd generation means nothing for me. You will not see a blue dog now with the tenacity of Psycho, so I can never get my head around why people use his name when selling their dogs, maybe because the gullible consumer will buy it.

8. So have you never mentioned about Psycho when selling your pups to people

9. bandog billy

bandog billy Big Dog

_would recomend anyone looking for a good solid dog to try keetches_ are you being serious ??

10. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

Nope! Never have, never will!

11. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Dont know what your geting at bandog billy ? im happy with what ive got here as i just bought from keetches not long ago something different for me can you explain your quote as id be greatfulll on any info

12. beanieman

beanieman Banned

And this is al that should matter ;)

13. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

as ive mentioned before i am trying to bring the best back into the staff breed & all the help & advice i can get along the way would be appreciated my long term plan is going to take in the region of 10 years & any advice or help i can get would be helpful . i have at present 3 staffs rageing from 16weeks old to a 12 year old , just love the breed in a whole but want to get the best out of the breed & this is where i will need help so any help is useful .:D

14. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Odinslad forget them ten year plans!!!! Take each step as it comes a lot of times dogs wont make the breeding if they aint up to par,thats of course if your honest with yourself,otherwise you'll end up just another peddler :D;)

15. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Chears for advive oldtymer.

16. beanieman

beanieman Banned

That's the best advis indeed, take each dog at a time see how they are.
    No good, you move on.

17. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

my advice is only buy dogs from tried and tested parents and start from there and don't listen to peddlars stories, make sure there are witnesses to these dogs abilities,if your own dogs do not live up to this heritage then they should not be breeding stock and move on. if someone compromises because "our fido" might be a cur but is a great great great grandson of "gr ch bunghole" then they are fooling themselves and probably others they peddle the pups to.how many times have we heard, oh this is a good breeding he is a grandson of ch psycho/stormer etc etc with no mention of the actual dogs achievements.
    finding them parents is the tricky bit but there are one or two about.

18. bandog billy

bandog billy Big Dog

i didnt say you were not happy with what you got,if i remember correctly,you had goood dogs,but im totally puzzled as to why you want to go the blue route,nah,it just dont make sense at all,especially considering the quality that surrounds you,it just dont make any sense.

19. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

Dylans blue was peddled all around London nothing good came out of that dogs litters but he was good at weight pull

20. billbulldog

billbulldog Big Dog

just been informed d blue ws Englands champion weightpuller and everyone wanted to use him to improve there weightpulling bloodline and they said he was the the best looking blue they have ever seen