1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

keep away..

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lockjaw, Sep 13, 2007.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

anybody's dog play keep away? trying to teach catch and she wants to play keep away..damn good at it also..or im just gettin to old.:o have this or any other strange behaviors..:) good ones.

2. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

thats when you use 2 balls, they drop the keep away one for the new ball in your hand, you'll win everytime :)

3. koening

koening Top Dog

Mine dose something different. He gets the ball , he takes it away , leave it there , and then comeback :)

4. jr Pit Guy

jr Pit Guy Big Dog

I've got one that will retreive a ball, bring it back, and then make me fight for it, or proceed to playing keep away. Depends on his mood, the little sh*t. :) To him, he thinks everything is a game of tug of war, even when I take his food and water bowls for routine cleaning. A real "game" dog. LOL...

5. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

yeah thats just the dog having some fun.some will say it is a dominance deal where they are trying to control the game but i think it is just play.i have a dog on my yard now that can play ball with herself.she gets it between her front feet and squeezes it till it pops out and rolls or bounces away then she goes after it.she will do that all day if left to her own devices.follow the 2 ball advice that does the trick as a rule.

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Ive got a dog that will run into a burning building and save a baby but will NOT bring me the damn ball no matter what I try to do. She'll run and get it and take about 3-4 steps and drop it. Then its back to hunting lizards. She runs the perimiter of my yard for HOURS. Ive got a damn path all the way around the fenceline. :)

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Mercedes loves the black extra tough kongs. So I bought 3 a couple months back. She chewed the top off of one then refused to play with it anymore. So she found the second one and carried it to me, still in the pack. She did the same with this and the next one. Once she chews the tops off she likes me to throw them in the yard all the time. She does bring them back, drops them right on my feet and barks until I throw them. The other night I didnt feel well so I sat down on my bench and just kicked it. Of course it didnt go very far, but she chased it anyway. Well I guess she got tired of me kicking it and dropped it just outta reach of my foot and barked at me. So I stretched my leg out to kick at it and she picked it up and moved it! Then barked until I got off my ass and picked it up and threw it. Smart little shit!

8. My pup will only play fetch with sticks, and one other toy. Sticks are out of the question now that his adult teeth are coming in and he easily snaps them. The other toy that he will fetch and bring back used to be a stuffed animal. After he ripped the stuffing out I kept "the hide" and keep hiding a ball inside of it. If I throw a plain ball he'll run to it and wait at it like he's a pointer...wanting me to chase him, or play keep away with it...he loses interest in fetch very quickly. (there is a glow in the dark basketball that he'll chase at night, but he's chasing it after I throw it, and not thinking about fetch at all!) lol.

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Do any of your dogs attack the water coming out of the hose? Thats my house dogs FAVORITE thing in the world to do other than sleep.

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

No but they won't leave well enough alone when it comes to hoppy toads. They both got sick this summer because of the damn things. Electric doo doo guns. :cool:

Attacking the water hose sounds like a better hobby...:)

11. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

she will grab the hose and chase the kids it all fun till they run in the house:eek:

12. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

You kiddin me, that would involve water my dogs loathe water. My bitch won't even go outside when it rains, she hangs on to her shit likes it money. If they even see the hose they run like hell.

As far as fetching, my female will always bring it back to me. My last male would grab anything you threw to him , would bring it back but not let you have it. He was a real trip with a bone, he would pin you down on the couch then jam it in your face to show you the bone but the second you reach for it he would pull it away as if to say ( you look with your eyes not your hands asshole ) he was so damn proud of his bones. Those are some of the best memories I have of him.

13. tnob

tnob Big Dog

Chucle Head will fetch for a little while then he will tease you with the ball and not let you have it unless you can intrest him with something else.