1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping Skeeters At Bay.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GSDbulldog, Aug 11, 2009.

1. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I go camping a lot, and the summers here kill me 'cause with all the rain, the mosquitoes are ridiculous.

Any real effective methods of keeping them away (And horse flies & yellow flies too)? Citronella I know, but even sometimes that don't work too well..

2. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Well what we use is pine needles. We would save the big can of cofee and load um up with pine needles. Has an odor that youll get used to but it takes care of them mosquitos..

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Is that green needles or brown ones? Do you just set them around opened or burn them. I've never heard of that.

4. mindogg

mindogg Pup

DEET insect repelant is the way to go

5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Yeah that's the stuff. I'm looking for stuff I can burn or put out that will be them away from the camp site all together.

6. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Those Off Personal Citronella fans work GREAT!!! Bought 3 and refills. No bites when I wear one outside. Just clip it to your belt or pocket. They are under $10.

7. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

There are a couple cheap sure ways u can keep all bugs away when you are out. Try vinager and water, put it in a spray bottle and spray it like you would Deet. You can also try Vicks Vapor Rub, rub it on like a lotion, the smell is strong at first but will die down. With either one of those bugs will avoid you.

8. Stookie

Stookie Pup

avon skin so soft my wife gave me some one day but it works

9. RR3000

RR3000 Big Dog

yep works great

10. I know they sell propane powered repellents now that has some sort of chemical cartridges you can use when outdoors.

Supposedly they keep a fairly large area mosquito free.

11. cutt

cutt CH Dog

the brown needles, collect a bunch and put'em in the cofee can , lit'um up and youll smell the aroma of piiiiiine !!!!now of course youll want some needles as backup as they burn out eventually.