1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kennel Fights

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dogman_M, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dogman_M

Dogman_M Pup

Hey.

So - hypothetical - you've got a kennel, accidently 2 of your big males get out of their chain and starts going at each other.. Your home alone and have to seperate them a.s.a.p.

Now - how you do it ?

Give me some of your best tips and tricks.!
    As i feel this is something alot of people "think" they now excactly how to handle - but when shit goes down they panic and end up hurting one(if not both) dogs unnecessarily..

Also give a clearly description, not etc "Ill just put a breakstick in their mouth and thats it" cause everyone knows this is simply not possible when to games go at it and your on your own.

Thanks & lets get a good threat out of this shall we!? :)

P.s. Story is hypothetically, case could been everything involving 2 fightings GB's you have to seperate single handed.

2. Jim R

Jim R Banned

you make gaw'damn sure those dawgs don't get off those chains. gaw'damn sure - empirically.

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Wait till one quits, cull him, place other back on chain.

Or

Loop a leash and put it on one of the dogs and secure the leash to something, then grab the loose dog and with your break stick get the loose dog broke off. Will have to work on getting the one leashed broke off to. Its a bitch to get them apart by yourself but it can be done. Its best to just make sure they don't get at each other in the first place but accidents happen.

4. JTC

JTC Big Dog

let them fight until they are tired enough to separate, or wait till one quits. dont get in the middle of it. my friend and former roomate was watching my place when on vacation. he knew the dogs, what they were capable of and he still bkoke the rules and there was an accident. a 40 minute one at that. his finger was crushed and is now permanently deformed. it can end badly for you, if they wanted to fight fuck em let them do it until you can safely get them apart.

5. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

Agk have u the proper way to get the apart.

6. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

AKG said it all. Take the hose and spray full blast straight in there Faces. I had a pup once get out of the pen and 1 of my older dogs grab her before I could grab her. I took a small stick of the ground and stuck it up his hostel an he gadded an dropped the pup.

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

what AGK said....and a Bic lighter on the nose will make most dogs cut loose. in a hurry sometimes thats easier than trying to deal with two dogs while fumbling with a stick

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

It can be a real job getting two broke by yourself,as soon as one is broke,while you're breaking the other,the first one hooks back up,lol Like AGK said get where you can tie one up so when he's broke off pull him back.It's best to have two people,two break sticks there if you're going to have a kennel accident.But don't guess you can always pick the time things happen.

9. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

Loop a leash and put it on one of the dogs and secure the leash to something, then grab the loose dog and with your break stick get the loose dog broke off. Will have to work on getting the one leashed broke off to. Its a bitch to get them apart by yourself but it can be done. Its best to just make sure they don't get at each other in the first place but accidents happen.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lee said a bic lighter lol ima have to give that a shot next time

11. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

I know my dogs hate the lighter. They move back quickly as soon as they see the sparks but never tried to break a fight with it. lol

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Ive done the "hose up the nose", works mmost of the time...

13. JTC

JTC Big Dog

if you can get a game dog to let go with a water hose or a lighter you have a cur. lol

14. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Takes note bic lighter and hose up the nose ... lol Will have to those

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

If you cant breath you will eventually open ur mouth shithead! Lol or youll die....

16. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

dog goes out dead game to a water hose LOL

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lmao, hey if your chasin DG dogs theres a quick way to find one! Lol

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i had to resort to using it when a nasty scrap broke out and luckily i remembered someone telling me that years ago, so i gave it a try. it was either that or run all the way back to the house and grab a breakstick....and guess what?...it worked. not saying its the best option, but in a pinch a guy has to do whatever it takes.

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

^^couldn't agree more lol. but AGK gave some good advice. getting two broken off alone is hell I either wait until they tire out and wait for one to lose hold or tie one off and keep their head away then break the other.

20. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

That just made my day.