1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kennel/Pen Building- Joining panels?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by act284, Jan 19, 2012.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

Trying to join the top and bottom 2"x4"x8ft L rails of both my panels end to end like the drawing below shows...

Does anyone have a good idea how this can be done effectively?

I was suggested to use connection plates and screw on both sides...

Another suggestion was to place another 4 ft l 2x4 over both sides and nail them together.

any help?

[​IMG]

2. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Attach a cheater block under the top plate on left side. Basically center a 2'L 2x4 under left, leaving 12" run wild, to attach to bottom of the right pannel.

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

Frame it like a stud wall, simple and effective

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

2x4 is how I do it.

5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

If it's gonna be a permanent structure. When you pour your foundation use J bolts.

6. act284

act284 Big Dog

I hope to keep it as a modular set up...the ground will be concrete if that makes any difference and I would prefer not to drill into the concrete if possible...