1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

kennels...what do yall do?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Laced Wit Game, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

im lookin for another kennel, brand new are expensive as hell.....

i looked on CL, and not too many folks seem to sell kennels and if they are theyre sellin em for brand new prices.....

is theyre another secret dogman source that i dont know about?? lol cuz if so i want in!!

seriously...kennels cant be that damn expensive....im lookin to find like a 6x6 for under a bill.....any suggestions??

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

sac redboy or bringbackup........yall know anybody wantin to sell a kennel?

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I'm building my own kennels at the moment.I don't like kennels but i'm building some for whelping bitches and pups.It's costing some money but they'll hold a dog and last for a long time.The cost of the materials it takes to build a good kennel adds up.

4. Yep building your own is the best route to go. If I had it to do over that's what I'd do. I built my own back in the 80's and not a single dog ever got out.

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

did you use chickenwire or hog panel?

6. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

You use hog panels on the sides. Chicken wire on the bottom to stop em from digging out. Lwg do a search and you'll find some kennels I built. The only bad part about em really is that their 4 foot tall. But it's not like your in there that long cleaning em. DO NOT USE CHICKEN WIRE ON THE SIDES. You'll have a loose dog and lots of dead foo foos.

7. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Try Tractor Supply Co. They have 1 that is good. Not made with chain link.

8. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Tractor supply has a good one, made of a brown 8 guage powdercoated steel that I bought. They are 10 x 10 and six feet high. $549.00 I ordered and extra door panel and split the kennel in half to make 2 kennels for two dogs. Also you tube has a good video on kennels that Tom Garner made for Yard. Very good video and goes into detail.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Laced cheaper not the best way to go for housing a APBT...and those kennels your talkin about ,the comercial ones are expensive and aint worth a shit..build your own with hog pannels and chicken wire on the bottom like crimson suggested..

10. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I use the panels with the smaller 4"x 2" openings,to keep pups inside the pen.

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

build your own and save a ton.

[​IMG]

12. JTC

JTC Big Dog

my dogs would chew right through that wire naus. if this guy doesnt know the basics in carpentry, making his own might be a disaster in the making.

tractor supply sells the professional kennel, 5 x 10 for 385.00. the nice roof that foits it is about a hundred.

dont be a cheap skate when it comes to housing these dogs LWC. you will regret it.

13. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

That's the one I was talking about. I did the same thing you did to make it into 2 kennels.

14. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

I was trying to say the exact same thing in chat last night. I have had a dog chew and pull on the wire panel. You've also got to make sure the roof is tight and secure, the same dog that chewed the wire also climbed 8 ft and busted/squeezed his way out. If you use quality material and have the tools to make the job quicker and easier it is much more fun to build the kennel yourself. I haven't seen the one TSC has but hopefully it can be cemented into the ground or secured to a concrete pad. Pouring your own concrete pads isn't difficult either but an inexperienced person probably won't trowel out a smooth hard finish.

15. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

I just bought 2 kennels from tractor supply which were 5x10 on sale for $229.99 I think they are 8 gauge not a bad deal and easy to build

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

fis that panel naus?

17. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

Do you know a welder ?
    Get some tubes and let him weld 1 for you
    [​IMG]
    This is imo with a roof on top 1 of the best you can have for an APBT better then wire fence kennels.
    This would cost over here in $ 315,- but if i would get tubes for a welder it would be much cheaper

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

where do u get the panels joe?

19. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

20. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

no thats not hog panel because that dog wont yank on it but some of my others do. i get my hog/goat panel from tractor supply.