1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kidney and Liver problems

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by BFKENNEL, Jul 23, 2004.

1. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

Sir good day, I want to ask for your help because i'm new in the bulldog world. How would I know if my dog has a Liver or kidney problem. What would be the symptoms and indications that my dog has one. Thanks in advance. PEACE:(

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

if you think your dog has kidney or liver problems you should get him to the vet and have them check him out. those kind of problems with major organs can lead to death. my advice is get him to a vet.hope every thing goes well

3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

With liver or kidney problems, the dog will sometimes turn yellow, but that is a later stage. The best advice I can give if you suspect these problems is VET asap.

4. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Quite an unusual question for someone who is new,but anyway here is my response. Keep in mind that liver or kidney failure may be caused by many factors ranging from genetics to stupidity.

Here are the visible signs of probable kidney and liver failure:

Kidney:-vomiting
    -loss of appetite
    -hematuria-blood in urine
    -anuria- isn't urinating
    A blood chemistry work(SMA) is required to check the creatine and BUN(bloodnurianitrogen) levels. A high phosphorus level is also an indicator.

Liver:-vomiting
    -loss of appetite
    -diarrhea
    -Icterus or jaundice. You see the animal has a yellowish color in his skin and even his eyes get yellowish.
    -asciites-liquid retention in abdomenal area.

You run the same blood work (SMA), but here you look for elevated levels of liver enzymes (ALT and ALP).
    Hope this helps.