1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Kinda Glad

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Defend2DaEnd, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Let me first say I did not buy my dogs for personal protection. I've never owned a dog with the intentions of guarding a house or yard. I actually bought my dogs for rollerblading and bike riding. I wanted a steady dog that could handle some good exercise.

ANYWAYS back to why I'm posting. I'm kind of glad that Pit Bulls have the tough dog image. This morning at around 3:30 I heard some pounding noises and the dogs started going off. I didn't think anything of it living in a bad neighborhood I kind of thought it was the lady across the street in another argument with her boyfriend. So I told the dogs to shut up. I even stuck them in their cages. Which Chyna was already in hers because she has been in heat for the past three months but that is a whole nother story. I got up to use the bathroom and started to walk back to bed when I noticed that the lights were on in my roommates/cousins car. My first thought was that she was getting something out of it but then I remembered hearing her tell the dogs to shut up upstairs. So I wigged out I started screaming at her that there is someone in her car. I was screaming for a bunch of dogs that were in their cages. Because it is just us girls in the house and I do not have a key to the gun case they were the first things I thought of even though they have never bitten anyone. I realized they were in their cages and with all the hope in my body I wished for this guy to stay in the car while I got them. They all three burst out the door and ran in two different directions til I called them to me. There I stood with an obviously doped up guy in a bunch of glass. As he sat across the two carseats that were in the back of the car flipping because of the dogs. Now I knew that if he got out that the dogs would probably do absolutely nothing to him as again they are not gaurd dogs. I do not want them to be viscous or even really growl at people because of the kids. They were loud and barking my old dog kind of walked around me eating grass while I held the pups in front of me. My cousin ran out and called the police. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears because in this neighborhood who knows what is going to happen or what this guy has on him. He is saying he is going to get out I told him that my dogs would bite and they were trained to do so (which they aren't but hey he doesn't know that). I have my cousin yelling at me to get back in the house but here the cops wouldn't even bother to look for him if he happened to get out of the car (which he couldn't seem to do because of the child safety locks and the drugs he was APPARENTLY on). The cops rounded the corner and had to drag him out where he started spitting on their car. I had pulled the dogs in the house way before then (good thing that my girl Halo listens because I don't have three arms). I figure my dogs either saved my life because who knows what this guy would of done if he had the balls to step out or what would of happened if I didn't own the dogs. I figure they saved the car because my cousin has two small children and we would of been shit up a creak without that car. Even though they have never bit anyone I know that in this guys mind he connected them with a big bite in the butt. So thank you Dozer Chyna and Halo I have the up most gratitude for you.

On another note I tried to get rid of Chyna to a family member who could afford to get her spayed as soon as she came out of heat. Which I currently can't do. They live about two miles away she busted through his screen door and ran back home, she broke the door. So I figure since he can't properly contain her and I can she is better off here. I'll just have to find a way to get her fixed.

Attached Files:

2. One night I was asleep in my chair with Batista and I have a alarm on my truck that pages me when it goes off. It was about 3 in the morn and it went off. So Batista and I jumped up and I grabbed the shotgun. We walked out to my truck and their was a guy's legs hanging out the window. We was right in the middle of taking my TV out of the dash. Batista ran at the truck and grabbed his shoe I told him to drop it so he just sat at my truck door just whining. I held the guy their with the shotgun until the cops showed up. When they got their they put him in cuffs and put him in the car. They started taking my report as the other two cops played with batista. Half way threw the report they asked me if I wanted to get dressed. I looked down and I had not even realized I was in my tight underwear I wear to the gym with one cop a male and the other two that where playing with Batista being female.

3. TruPitLver

TruPitLver Big Dog

Here in Orlando, the humane society spays for $35-$65. Have you checked with your local humane society?

4. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

My dogs bark at every noise that they hear. Whether it be a car door, people, talking, etc. I just feel safe with them here. They would never hurt anybody, but like Defend said, people dont know that. Its kinda like having a living security system, lol. There's been a couple times that someone has been outside around our house late at night and they have all started barking and I get up in time to see a car pulling away from the bottom of my driveway.

5. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

My two boys are the sweetest dogs ever. They love anyone they meet...as long as I'm calm they think everything is cool. My fiancee travels alot on business and he like the fact that I have the dogs there. Most people only know what they "heard" about pits and would think twice before messing around my property. Plus the boys are a big plus when the church folk start walking around knocking on doors in the summer....Boy you should see them jump when Apollo hits that front door! :)

6. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

geez D,,that guy could of went after u!!,,glad the dogs held him off,,I hate thieves!

7. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Glad to hear you are all right and that you saved your cousin's car. Your dogs can be the sweetest most loving and submissive dogs in the world, but you never know what they'll do if someone tries to hurt you. And not just pit bulls. Dogs have a "sense" about people...and good dogs will defend you against the "bad" guys. Glad you had your dogs to defend you. Give them all big pets.
    Also try looking for local dog rescue groups(search on the net) and the humane society for low-cost spay/neuter. And there are low cost shot clinics also. Lok around, ask around. I'm not local to your area, but if you look and ask for help, I'm confident you can find some...

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

...alot of companies will offer discounted spay/neutering for over-populated, over-bred breeds-such as our own. In my small town, where we dont even have a huge issue, a spay/neuter on a bulldog would cost you about 45-50 bucks.

9. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I'm working on it. It's kind of hard because I'm not getting child support and I'm out of a job at the moment. But at least I managed their shots before I ran out of money. Until then she is in her cage.

10. bdub

bdub Top Dog

good thing a state trooper sits across the street from my house,i be worried all the time that stuff like that would hppen,but i guess thats what shotguns are for

11. In Minnesota you can get your pit spayed or neutered for free if you take it to a pit rescue. I don't know if you have any pit rescues near you, but if you do I'd give them a call I'm sure they'd be glad to help someone who's trying to be a responsible owner.

12. B

B CH Dog

Dogs aren't typically in heat for 3 months unless I read what you said wrong. Are you sure she doesn't have an infection?

Regards,

B

13. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

The only reason I know of for a dog to stay in heat longer than normal, 2 to 3 weeks, is if they've had a shot of hormones to abort a litter. I had a dog in heat for 2 months one time from that. Male got to her, got out of crate.

14. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

She had an infection. She was medicated for it. She is now in full blown heat I don't think Dozer has left the door to the room she is in at all.

15. Suki

Suki Guest

I was thinking that also. Just check out your local society, tell them of your situation, and that you feel it's best to get your girl spayed. They're in obvious favor of that, so perhaps you guys can work something out.