1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

large pits

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GalDemSuga, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I have a HUGE pit, in my yard!! Dug it myself and I am pretty proud of it...LOL!!

2. Lailas_DAD

Lailas_DAD Big Dog

STOP....right now and Kill your self...that is a freggin shame...Why, who would want a monster...that huge..that is so stupid...geeeeeeeeesh, kill your self

3. Stickynote

Stickynote Big Dog

All I know is the bigger they are... the more they eat and the more they shit. I have a blue dog- but she's not huge. And I didn't buy her for her color either. That's the LAST reason why someone should buy a dog.

4. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

I had a male that was 85 lbs but I was told that they are few and far between if they are pure. His mom was about 40lbs and his dad was about 50 lbs.

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

SIze means nothing without drive and ability. period. people try to convince me thier dog has drive with a picture of them playing tug or something. and Yeah any dog can play tug for a minute or two, or jump up and grab the tug once... thats nothing. if your dog cant endure or have the stamina to run for miles, play for hours, or tug until YOU get tired... then its mute point.

"These dogs are for weightpull they have to be big" Well them call them bandogs or something not pit bulls, because they arent. there is no way in hell a 120-130 pound pure pit walks the earth. IMPOSSIBLE. Breeding largest to largest its hard to find a freak that goes over 100 (VERY VERY RARE, despite what some websites would ahve you belive). No way in hell... they are mutts.

6. Which pits are larger? 16x16 I think! by the way, it is APBT not Pits, Pit Bulls, Pitbulls, etc. Some opt to call them by their more traditional name "Bull dogs". I am not being nasty, just attempting to educate on the correct name.

7. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

them having to be big for weight pull is something people tell themselves to justify breeding freaks or to tell ppl who buy them so they feel ok about owning a mastiff.
    weight pulls give ribbons by weight class and by pounds pulled / pounds weighed (lb for lb)

8. Here is the straight answer: There are several breeds of dogs that resemble the APBT (American Pit Bull Terrier). Some of these are: American Bulldog, Presa Canario, American Stafforshire Terrier, American Bull Terrier, "Bandog" (actually a mix of male APBT with female Mastiff or other large breed), ect. Believe me, even experts in our breed can be fooled on looks alone. Thus, the dog you saw may have been either another breed, a APBT mix, or a APBT bred for size (rather than "game").

I hope this helps you.

9. You left yourself open for a joke with this post.....hehehe, I am a gentleman (yeah right) so I will not take it. Someone else perhaps?

10. americandream

americandream Top Dog

there were larger pits around for a long time too...... check out these pics. they are short but real stocky.....

we cant deny it........

Attached Files:

11. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

The last one is AWESOME.. that dog just oozes power!
    I like that.

12. americandream

americandream Top Dog

his name is clouse's big boy

13. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

It is me or is that head give you a Bull Terrier feel?
    kind of rounded and roman nose dont you think?
    Look at that chest and that face, that dog just looks serious.

14. americandream

americandream Top Dog

ya you think that ones weird lookin look at this one...........

and its a APBT!

imported tho

Attached Files:

15. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Any dog can look large in a picture if there is nothing to compare them to. Hell, my 40 lb dog looks big in pictures.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  16. americandream

americandream Top Dog

they are not 100lbs because they have shorts backs and short legs look at the size of those heads n chests.......... the second to last one looks big to me......

around 70-80lbs chain weight?

and we gotta remeber these 100lbs mutts are chain weight all the time, they could easliy lose 20 lbs. they are fat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  17. WWII

WWII Banned

I'd say 55-60 for the pics you posted. Maybe 65. It's hard to judge on the dogs that don't have a person or something next to it to compare how big they are. And a heavy chain weight is for this breed is like 70-75. Not 100. That's just obese. To lose 20lbs is a lot for a dog.

18. Miles

Miles Big Dog

Do we talk to daddy that way? Now go to your room and think about what you just said!

19. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

That's true maybe even 30 !!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Miles

Miles Big Dog

I see a little bit of Bull Terrier. Does anyone else?