1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Learning

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Defend2DaEnd, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I was just sitting thinking what have I have learned from this site. Some of that has intrigued my interest in many ways has made me change the way I look, feel and do things. So I was wondering if we could put together a list about the things we have learned about this site together. That way we could interest the newbies into doing some searches on things and staying and learning.

Do not breed a unworthy dog. Due to the population issues breeding dogs does not help anything it hurts. Not only that if you breed untested you could pass down genetic flaws and that is lack of concern for the future of the breed you are involved in period.

Keep your pit on a chain or leash at all times. They can and will climb a eight foot privacy fence with ease. Use proper equipment and check the equipment daily.

Pit Bulls were not meant to be bred for human protection or aggression. They are too strong and will do a lot of damage. Their original aggression issues are towards other dogs and should in the game bred version of the APBT remain that way.

There are several types dogs that are considered Pit Bulls in some registrations' show type, Staffs (which are derived from the APBT), new generation Pits or Bluffs, BYB wanna be Pit Bulls, and the old game type but true to the breed APBT.

The government and un-informed idiotic people/owners are responsible for the genocide of the breed today. Wait I forgot the biggest thing the MEDIA. What the media says is half lies and far stretched.

Some people will breed garbage and sell garbage for FAR more than what the real stuff sells for. Kind of sounds like drugs. But the $1500 look good ohh so cool dog will cost you a lot more in vet costs in the long run. In the end you could of gotten ten or twelve real dogs instead of couch cushions.

Lastly (since I can't think of anything else) this is a great place to come to when you are annoyed angry and aggrevated because you can "inform" people about how stupid they seem politely.

2. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

1. I learned ALOT about the history of the breed.

2. That Bluffs are not what a pit bull should look like.

3 That gamebred dogs are what they SHOULD be regardless of what the bluff breeders say

4. That some people just can never be educated even ifyou pounded it into thier head.

5. I learned what bloodlines are real and what ones are basically made up by BYB in order to peddle pups.

6. I am starting to understand how to read a pedigree.

7. Chains are not bad and are actually the only safe way to contain an APBT when outside.

I cant think of anything else offhand but if I do will add it.

3. Lmann827

Lmann827 Pup

I too have learn alot on this site. I mostly studied the history of the breed. I also learned about bloodlines, keeps, chain setups,& breeding. I didnt know that there was so much that I didn't know about his breed that I love. I owned a few dogs in the past but they where from byb. Now that I can read a ped and know what I'm looking for I'll soon be starting over but only with ture game-breed pits. Thanxs n hope to see you in the hunt!

4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

1. I've learned a lot about bloodlines. (One of my primary reasons for joining this forum) What crosses best with what, what lines produce which qualities, which lines are producing the best in the present.

2. I've learned that PETA is far more radical than I originally thought. LOL

3. I've been able to follow the news regarding BSL.

4. I've confirmed my belief that a vast majority of apbt fanciers kick butt and carry many of the same qualities that I love in this breed. I also learned that they are patient and are happy to inform others who are on the path of learning.