1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lethargic acting dog

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GI Joe, Feb 21, 2011.

1. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

My house dog has been throwing up for a few days and I saw some foil in the vomit which leads me to think that she got a hold of some chocolate candy from my kids Valentines day bags.I thought she might be blocked up because she was not pooping so I gave her an enema and she went but nothing was in her stool did that 2 times in the last 3 days.Suggestions please don't want the vet to rape me for some BS.

2. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Go to the fucking vet.

3. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

You didn't have to put it like that I was just looking for another alternative.Respect is earned note given.:mad:

4. supertank

supertank Big Dog

Chocolate is toxic for dogs and they should go to the vet asap if they have eaten a good dose of it. However you have left it quite a while and I think it is out of there system in 72 hours. You could try charcoal. Have a look on line they will tell you how to treat etc. No poo sounds like it could be something else. Personally I would go to the vet.:)

5. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

Going today thanks Supertank.

6. and common sense you're born with it can't be acquired.

7. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

+1;) ........

8. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

My baby is at the vets thank you for advice given and others that had an opinion you know what.:)

9. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

I shouldn't have dropped the F bomb but these dogs are notoriously stoic. Once the word lethargic is used, it can be too late for them. My dog is recovering from mild pancreartitis and if I had waited for 24 hours her chances of survival could have dropped to 50% and she was only very slightly lethargic and had vomited several times over a 24 hour period. Just felt something was amiss.

10. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

Thanks for the apology.Will keep you updated on her progress.:)

11. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

update I took her in Wednesday and she needed surgery for an infected uterus and enlaged liver ,but she had other issues in the surgery that he corrected,but he told me the anesthesia might be her downfall and after the surgery she went into a coma and after about 8 hours she slipped into doggy heaven.My buddy is gone and the kids are heartbroken so my username will probably change because her name was Hazel and it"s just hard to keep using part of her name for my needs now. :(

12. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

So sorry to hear... RIP Hazel

13. That's some sad new's to here, Sorry for your loss.

14. supertank

supertank Big Dog

Thats so sad I am sorry to hear that, I was hoping to read of her recovery. :(

15. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

Thank for all the kind words.Can someone direct me to the place where I can change my username?

16. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Sorry to hear about her suffering and passing.

PM a moderator about changing your user name.

17. jacko

jacko CH Dog

sorry for your loss ! its never easy ,atb j