1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

lil boy get to close to knuckles......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PhillyPitty, Sep 28, 2004.

1. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

lil boy got to close to knuckles......

like i was saying, on the pics i posted u can see that my pit is on a good chain to keep him for getting into trouble. Well anyway, some little boy thought it would be a good idea to throw rocks at knuckles, jump at him and throw others things at him. Now, i was in the house when all this was happening but my neighbor's mom saw the whole thing while it was happening. Well anyway, the little boy got to close and knuckles gripped his {pants}, not his leg or anything else, she said he flipped over and landed on his back screaming, by the time i came out side the little boy was running down the block with no pants {note knuckles got a prize}.

About 20mins police banging on my door talking about your pitbull mauled this little boy and what not. I started laughing, knuckles is no man biter, he was just playing with the damn f*cker, but his mother was in my face talking about thats a pitbull and they are mean and all this other bs i didnt wanna hear, my neighbor who seen the whole thing came out and told the cops what happened, then what was funnie, one of the cops walked over to knuckled and bended down, knuckles attacked him....with licks and wiggles of corse.

So after all that drama was all over the cops told the little boy dont be going up on peoples lawns and be messing with animals they dont know, becaus even though knuckles was playing with him, pitbulls do play rough.

but see how fast they r welling to say, someone was mauled by a pitbull? its crazy when u think about it, because say if a lab bit somebody, no one would really care? but no a pitbull in it and its a big problem

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004
  2. Haha, little boy got what he deserved. With all jokes aside, I'm glad no one got hurt and you got a good neighbor that stood up for you and told the truth.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004
  3. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

yea thank god for that!

4. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Do you have a fence up??? I would be mighty worried about this happening again. You got lucky all he was able to grab was his pants. He dont have to be a manbiter to bite someone who is taunting him.

5. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

no i dont have a fence but my back yard is about 20-21 feet long, who is he to be coming up on my lawn like that. And its not like knuckles was near the edge of the yard, he was near the back door, near the brick wall ,if he was dumb enough to walk up there and get close than its not really my fault.

The police didnt say nothing so i guess it was the mother to blame for not watching her child

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

If that little boy HAD been hurt, the law WOULD see it as your fault and the "not my fault" attitude doesn't do this breed any good whatsoever. ALL precautions should always be taken that a situation like this DOES NOT occur. Sure, you are right to the fact that the child SHOULD not have been in your yard, but he was and for your sake and your dogs sake I'm glad nothing happened. I'd get a fence put up, some no trespassing signs, and make sure that this never happens again. I'd also worry a bit about that dog getting posioned by someone that think...OOO its another vicious pitbull.
    BB

7. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

it may also be a good idea to file a report that the lady lets her kid run unsupervised and he's been around the dog. Just to somewhat cover your ass if it happens again.

8. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

my mom said we gonna get a fence soon maybe in november

but its not like i have a ''i dont care'' feeling about the whole thing, my dog was on my lawn and if he walked up there messing with the dog he was asking to get bit. But yea i learned something from this, if i tie knuckles out again I'm gonna have to be out there watching him because it seems like pit bulls r the talk of north east philadelphia

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

That about sums it up right there...
    If something HAD HAPPENED yes you would have been at fault due to some technicallity and due to some BS law, so its best to always cover your ass. I'd also look into what MTNDOG recommended and file some sort of complaint about the lady and her child.
    BB

10. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

I agree with BBK, you should definitely have a fence. As a responsible owner of these dogs you have too make sure people especially kids can’t just walk up to your dog. Kids can and will tease, throw rock, antagonize and get dogs worked up for no other reason than boredom and something to do. They think it is funny or something and do not think of the consequences that could occur if the dog got loose. <O:p</O:p

11. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

First off I found your story funny, and do hope the incident put that kid back in it's place. It's also good that the neighbor stood up and said something. A fence as your gonna get would help avoid this type of situation, plus poisoning, theft etc. As we all know it's a constant battle against those that "know" our breed is mean.....lol Stupid but ever prevalent.

12. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Funny?? Its never funny to hear about a dog hurting a child, sure, it can be argued that the kid should not have been harrassing the dog, and I agree with that, but if that situation had gotten worse, and that kid had been hurt, would that be funny?? Precautions!!! If you own these dogs you MUST take precautions that shit like this does NOT happen, because when it does, it affects us ALL...read that again, it affects US ALL!!! by giving our breed more of a bad image than it already has. If you aren't responsible enough to take precautions to insure the safety of YOUR dog and to insure the safety of others because of their stupidity. What I do think is funny, is the attitude of, its not MY fault.
    BB

13. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

well i really think its not my fault, the cops didnt say i did anything wrong, he walked up on my lawn.....so in a way the little boy was wrong for that, and on top of that his mother was wrong for not watching him to. He lives up the block why in the hell was he on my lawn. Like i said its not like i have a i dont care feeling about this its just that the boy was wrong for what he did and i hope he learn something from this.

But n e way, a 6 foot fence should be good enough right? , and it should aslo be pretty deep into the ground because as we all know pitbulls love to dig, and they are masters at getting out of things and into. When we do get the fence we may get strips in the gate so the dog wont get tempted to try to get out and so people can mind they own busness

14. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Whether the cops said you were at fault, whether anyone SAYS its your fault, if that little boy had gotten bit, it WOULD have been your fault. Its up to you, as a PET owner, especially a BULLDOG owner to insure this shit don't happen...
    BB

15. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

that dont make so sense, if u went up on someone farm right and a horse kicked u in the head, u dont go blaming the owner, it was ur own damn fault because u had no damn busness on someone property, if the boy would have gotten bit the case would of went to the courts, and i would have not been the blame because i seen this shit before. he had no bussness on my property

16. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Obviously you are too thickheaded to understand the affects that IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP effects us in a negative way, and by you choosing to own this breed, that you must take extra precautions that nothing happens. For the breeds sake, wisen up, take steps to insure this doesn't happen again, or do us all a favor, go buy a different breed of dog. I've tried talking politely, and hoping that maybe you'd understand, but obviously thats not possible. YES you are correct, that boy SHOULD NOT have been on your property, but guess what, if that dog had HURT that child, that dog WOULD have been removed from your ownership, and you would have been at fault.

BB

17. PhillyPitty

PhillyPitty Banned

that dog would not have been removed. Philadelphia's laws are some what different from where you live. The dog was on a 5 or 6 foot chain so its not like he was running all that freely while being tied up, and on top of there is a beware of dog sign, clear as day on the back door. It may be like that where u live but in philadelphia, if your dog is tied up on your property, and I'm not talking bout near the walk ways were people walk by but like right by ur back door, and u telling me if some dumb ass kid or whatever was messing with ur dog and got bit then they would blame it on you?! bullshit, if u was on someone property, messing with there animals when u were not supossed to and got bit its the owners fault???. now lets just say the lil boy got attacked by a bird for messing with its nest or something, wh u gonna blame the birds owner? okay but with they wild birds then what?

i told the police that my dog was tied up tight to the tree in the back yard, and if u miss the picture signs not word beware dog signs then u have to be slow. and asking to get bit, of something like this happens again then i have nothing to worry about , i seen this shit happen before and nothing happened to the owers and the dogs, most kids get bit by pitbulls or dogs for messing with then or trying to pet them with out asking n e body. So like i said its not my fault

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2004
  18. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL allright you win LOL Its obvious to me that you can't or won't comprehend the WHOLE picture behind the responsibility with these dogs...congrats.

BB

19. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Ok, I've been reading this whole thread and its time to put in my .02. 1st, I'm from NYC and got family in philly so I know some about the laws there. I've been in the bulldogs for a few years; not an expert as you can never have too much knowledge on our breed. Point blank, if your dog had bit that kid, you would have been held liable even tho it was chained up; why you ask??? Because its a "PITBULL!" Yes thank GOD nothing happened but if it did the media would turn that situation into a three ring circus. Not only would it hurt you but the rest of us that own and know the major responsibilities of owning this breed. Owning a bulldog is not like owning any other breed of dog. If your not willing to take on those major responsibilities, your just hurting your dog and the rest of us that take pride in owning a bulldog. I just hope you can reevaluate the whole situation and take better precautions. We are just trying to help you out here. You shouldn't take it the wrong way. The staff here combined has many years experience and know what we are talking about. I hope you soak in alot of the info on this site as it will help you and the rest of bulldog owners out in the long run.

KnOck

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2004
  20. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

HOLY CRAP!!! someone that understands and agrees with what I am trying to get across LOL
    BB