1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

List of Good Gamedog books

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by FIREMAN, Aug 9, 2005.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

just wonderin if anyone could make a list of possibly most or all the great game dog books out to this day.thx!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2005
  2. RollinRuger

RollinRuger Big Dog

Re: List of Godd Gamedog books

I don't have a list but the complete gamedog by Ed Faron is very complete,Richard F. Stratton is also a very good writter, and personally i like the real old magazines.

3. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

Re: List of Godd Gamedog books

i have heard ed faron books were the best,i dont have it but i will in a few days,my teacher is buyin it for me lol,personally i would never buy a student anythin if i was a teacher,lol

4. Tikki

Tikki Pup

5. socks

socks Big Dog

i have ed faron's book and it is really good..he even autographed it for me and sent me a list of upcoming breedings..but does anyone have crenshaws book? just wondering because with a $100 price it seems a bit steep....is it worth it?

6. socks

socks Big Dog

I also have the stratton books, there good for some stories but to me ed farons book had alot more usefull information than the stratton books

7. who

who Top Dog

DON M. has a book that talks of the old dogs (from the 1960 to like 1978) and conditioning, breeding, etc. but he has Videos too..........the videos cover EVERYTHING that you would want to know.........their are 17 videos that he has and it's start out with talking about the history of the breed then on to Earl Tudor and his dogs through the 1915-1960's era, then on to Carver, and of the FAMOUS dogs in that era 60's-70's, Tombstone,Bullyson, Buchter Boy, Bolio, Dibo, Spike, Miss Spike, Black widow, mainly the foundation of TOdays Bulldogs,
    then there are the Conditioning Tapes man they are great, there are 5 videos that cover JUST conditioning!!......a few of the videos are nothing but pictures of the old dogs and one video is a video of Maurice Carver's yard in 1965......the film it was shot on is old and all but with the right TV color adjustments and all you see them well.......dogs like Black widow Dibo's brother Rascal and the dogs that came off of the breeding between Dibo and Black widow and Spike and Black Widow...........they are great and i advise everyone get get at least a few
    go to DON's site http://donmayfield.com
    and tell him WHO sent you or my other handle OklahomaKid

8. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Big Dog

i heard that ed faron had a new book out?i have af of strattons books and there okay.how about thirty years with dogs?where can you find crenshaws book @?

9. socks

socks Big Dog

gary hammonds has a book to but i haven't read it or heard anyone talk about it

10. Rasp

Rasp Pup

I have not long finished reading the Armitage book. Ordering it was a six month wait, but reading it took one day - I couldn't put it down, heheh. Good for historical purposes. For the most part he talks about the matches he was involved with. But he also talks about selecting a pit dog, after care, and mentions a few known dogmen at the time (both the good ones, and the not so good ones) etc. Allot of old photos, unfortunately some of the images are a little hard to see clearly in my book.

You can get Grenshaw's book from here: http://pitbullstuff.safeshopper.com/14/cat14.htm?722
    Should be no problems ordering from here, especially as I think Marty mentioned these guys are friends of his;)

Actually Marty or Shon. Would it be worth while to have a literature section on the forum?