1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

locking collars?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by olered, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Have a quick chat with fat bill hahaha

2. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I used to make locking collars, but they are really just a false sense of security.

A $80 pair of quality bolt cutters will cut any chain or lock, you can buy, and put on a dog. You can even get a hydrolic Porta-Power with cutting jaws for about $150 that olny weighs 10lbs.

I would invest in video cameras and guard dog instead.

I would say 99% of the time a dog is stolen, its someone you know,that knows your schedule.
    I am working on a collar that has a sensor in it and if collar is removed or if collar gets more then a specified radius(200'-500') away from base station, (which would be located inside your house), then an alarm would go off, and you could be notified by a monitoring company, such as Monotronics or a similar company.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

i agree. and it's kind of like that saying: "Locks are for honest men". someone wants your dog, they're gunna scope out your place for a bit, and hit it when "the time is right"....
    sux, but that's the reality...

good avice tho, and happy to hear you got yours returned.
    wonder what those odds are tho?....

4. olered

olered Banned

i'm mainly worried about em stealing em at night while everybody's asleep. yeah i got some people moved in down the street, and everytime i pass by with one of my dogs in the truck they eyeballing my dog. last night somebody was parked at the end of my driveway at 2a.m. wonder what that was. guess i should put all my other dogs in a seperate pen, get me something like a mean non-pitbull, let him run in my fenced in yard and......................................................... lol, i wouldn't do that.